Jake Hastie makes it 3 in 3

Lovely finish to be fair, saw it on Sky Sport News last night

Good to see him getting game time and good reviews. Keep it up Jake

Playing regularly in a more competitive league will do wonders for Jake.

A good season down south should hopefully make him ready to kick on with us.

Well done to the boy hopefully he comes back a better player.
People shouldn’t compare him to Ojo they are at different stages of development, Ojo has played at a higher standard and has more games under his belt. The league Hastie is playing in isn’t a very high standard but it’s tough and they play a lot of games which will be good for him.

Played a bit with us but didn't look quite ready for it. Either he was too eager to impress and was trying too much or he was surprised by the size and pressure of our club. This will be a good learning experience for him.

Good on him! From the little we seen i thought he was maybe trying too hard to impress. This loan spell will do him the world of good whether he comes back to us and cements his place or if he gets his name about down there.

Hastie plays ahead of Ojo everytime.

Still talking pish then I see Dougie. Should have stuck to Radio Clyde and BBC Scotland LOL.;):)

Hastie still has a questionable first touch but the thing that currently takes Ojo ahead of him is that the latter has more game intelligence and experience. I’ve seen Hastie for Rangers and I’ve seen him for Motherwell, whom my best mate follows. He can produce goals out of nothing and has a club of a left foot. He can also play for 90 minutes and be a man down. When he’s bad, he’s really, really bad. Awful, in fact. He needs time on the pitch to develop a better understanding of the game.

That’s not to say Ojo is anywhere the finished article - he’s just further along the road towards that.

Last edited:
Erm, because I'm entitled to an opinion and they don't always get it right?

I'd rather have Hastie, our own player, instead of Ojo who has been rank.

People keep saying Ojo is poor and there he was again on Saturday with a vital assist for the goal that clinched the game for us.

Hastie shining in div1 like Docherty did last year doesn't mean he's good enough yet for us, nor does scoring a few after coming in to play well for Motherwell in the first run of senior games in his career.

You probably don’t remember anyone saying this a few weeks ago because Gerrard can’t see past his favourites, o matter how they play.
We have a hell of a lot of games to be played this season, sticking to the same 14 players and being very reluctant in making subs kind of defeats the point in having a big squad.

What a a load of pishflaps.

Last edited:
From the Rotherham forum:

A very big thank you Jake for choosing my wonderful club RUFC and a big thank you to Glasgow Rangers and Steven Gerard for allowing this to happen.What we are seeing from this very talented lad is so good to watch and you can see the delight on his face when he has scored.But it is not just the goals he has scored, he has created so much for other players to express themselves and he seems to knit together a pretty young team and bring that confidence in to others on the park.There is one thing for sure after Jake has helped us to gain promotion at the end of the season, he will return to the Gers and no doubt will be in their first team next season.He will improve throughout the season when they get to know each other better and when Ogbene comes back we will be a very strong force up front.UTM

Back