Jake Hastie

Ger572

Official Ticketer
as per title subbed at halftime and apparently all over the place. The lad really has regressed and needs to get his career back on track ASAP

Not usually one for writing off players before we've seen much of them, especially youngsters. But I don't really see what he's got to offer us.

Spoke to my neighbour at half time who is a big Motherwell fan and he begged us to take him back.

watched mondays game against county and off the ball he worked very hard but then when he got on the ball he either tried too hard to impress or he looked shot of confidence. im sure a goal in the next few games and his confidence will get a lift

He was really good for Motherwell before we signed him so I understand why we took a punt on him but he obviously is miles off it now.

Hardly one to get raging about.

All the bizarre and baffling comments are a bit strange, young player had a really good season with another club and we took a punt on him, yes he is pish now but he wasn't the season before we signed him and there really isn't anything baffling or bizarre about it.

It's not really. Free transfer, young Scottish player, scored goals in the SPL.

What baffles you?

Just remember it’s The Bear Pit I on Follow Follow.

For many poster on here we should only be signing players like Messi and Ronaldo. We set the bar very high.

For years now we’ve heard about how we should be sweeping up the best talent in the SPFL. I think it’s fair to say we’re discovering that the level of talent is nowhere near what we need.

Signing made a lot of sense but I’d be very surprised if he made any impact from now if he hasn’t already.

Fingers crossed though, hopefully he comes good.

For years now we’ve heard about how we should be sweeping up the best talent in the SPFL. I think it’s fair to say we’re discovering that the level of talent is nowhere near what we need.

Signing made a lot of sense but I’d be very surprised if he made any impact from now if he hasn’t already.

Agreed !

No harm to the lad, but he is far from the quality we require if we are serious about winning things again, even as a squad player.

Was never going to work.

Wish the boy the best, but he's very much in the O'Halloran bracket. He just runs fast in straight lines, there's no control whatsoever.

Everyone seems very quick to write off the boy.
He got subbed for Tony Watt, so clearly a change of shape regardless of his performance.
The fact he's started his 2nd game is a good sign particularly as the winger Seedorf had a far better game than him as a direct replacement last week. That to me means he's trained hard and impressed enough this week to start ahead of Seedorf, all a good sign of development and character of the boy but that doesn't fit the narrative in writing our own off

The SPFL isn't heaving with talent but there are players who have left it in recent years who would have been decent options for us.

Personally, I don't mind us taking a punt on U21s on a free transfer and sending them out on loan. It only takes one or two to come off for it to be worthwhile.

Didn't see him today but he had a total disasterclass against County last week.

Don't think it's a strech to say he has an absolute mountain to climb to get anywhere near our side again.

He wasn't even the best talent in Scotland.

There is very little quality in Scotland and it's getting worse by the season. There isn't a young player in Scotland that improves our first 11.

Gone are the days of Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Thomson et al.

We signed him off the back of a decent 2/3 month spell at motherwell. He was out on loan at Alloa till he got recalled at Motherwell and got a run of games because of injuries and got himself a 4 year deal with us off the run of form. He must pinch himself sometimes

His technique was always something which struck me as poor (or what others often incorrectly label as "raw").

You have very little chance of making it with us nowadays if you are technically poor (Docherty also falls in this bracket).

He had a purple patch, we signed him on the cheap hoping to unearth a gem but doesn't look like it will ever work

Hardly an expensive mistake, just a low risk gamble - we'll have more like that in the future no doubt.

He'll show up better than he has this season so far once he gets a bit of confidence back.

Probably won't play for us again but it certainly isn't one to get upset at the club about.

He wasn't even the best talent in Scotland.

There is very little quality in Scotland and it's getting worse by the season. There isn't a young player in Scotland that improves our first 11.

Gone are the days of Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Thomson et al.
Sad indictment on our game but, also, true .

It was a total waste of money and baffeling signing, at the rate he is going he will spend his career at lower league clubs.

Back