Jake Hastie

This is purely a guess but even in his early games, when he was a stand-out, his Manager was regularly making comments about his fitness. I see he’s been subbed off - albeit late in the game - for the last three games before being ‘rested‘ tonight. It may well be that in this case he was, genuinely, rested.

Last edited:
And been substituted last 3 games before that.

I must add I’ve not watched any of his games so I’m purely guessing.

It suggests to me that he's been knackered at the end of the game and has been subbed, then rested tonight.

It suggests to me that he's been knackered at the end of the game and has been subbed, then rested tonight.
Could be, I’ve probably got it wrong (I usually do).

Away to Ipswich you would want him to start, some result they got there right enough.

He's been substituted in 77, 82 and 56 minutes. Think people are reading in to this a bit too much.

He's been substituted in 77, 82 and 56 minutes. Think people are reading in to this a bit too much.

The only game I've heard he's been poor in was last week when he was subbed early 2nd half.

Idea that he goes down there, plays every game and then comes back and starts for us isnt how a loan like that works. He gets the chance to develop and pick up experience that isnt our reserves or ten minutes off our bench now and then. He will need to continue to develop once he comes back to us.

I’d be pretty upset with Rotherham if they were playing him 90’ every single game tbh.

With the frequency of games down there, you can physically break or burn out a young player doing that.

Both Hastie and McCrorie will see plenty of football at their respective clubs.

There's 46 games in the League One season, and that's before you get to cups etc.

It's unrealistic to expect them to go down there and tear it up every week. Docherty couldn't even do that and he was older with over 100 games for Hamilton under his belt.

I'll go for the fact they were playing the top of the league and most likely not gonna start firing wingers in. Then 1 up so probably for me the managers Played a blinder

He is doing well... he's getting managed as they don't want him burning out playing 2 games a week all the time.

They play a lot of tough matches along with the travelling involved he is probably getting to needing a rest stage. After all he only had half a season with Motherwell he isn’t a veteran of 200 games.

His team were playing a team who are looking like there going go run away with that league away from home Ipswich at home are on fire just now I'm willing to bet it was tactical tonight I think they only played one upfront with matt crooks behind the striker

Was getting rave reviews from the Rotherham manager just a fortnight ago

This bit suggests they're working on his fitness:

We’re trying to get him to make all the right decisions because we need him to get stronger and fitter. Ideally, we need him to play virtually every minute of every game if his form keeps up.

Away to Ipswitch is exactly the kind of game you'd expect a wide forward to be rested in. Looks like they went with a defensive counter attacking team and got it exactly right. If he's not getting games in home matches it's a different matter.

Back