Jamaica Squad?

Jamaica boss Paul Hall has revealed he passed on calling up Kemar Roofe for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers at the Rangers striker's insistence.

Ibrox fans were worried they could lose their frontman, who returned from injury with a sub appearance against Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup on Friday night.

But the Reggae Boyz 23-man select published on Sunday night excluded Roofe in favour of other attackers such as West Ham's Michail Antonio, Andre Gray of Queens Park Rangers and Fulham's Bobby Reid, plus other North America-based frontmen.

That comes after Roofe told Hall he wanted to stay in Glasgow to work on fully recovering from his recent injury.

Hall told Record Sport : "Kemar would have been one of the first names on my list.

"However, Kemar had indicated that he needs to to fully recover from his last injury. Hence his absence from the squad."

Jamaica boss Paul Hall has revealed he passed on calling up Kemar Roofe for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers at the Rangers striker's insistence.

Ibrox fans were worried they could lose their frontman, who returned from injury with a sub appearance against Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup on Friday night.

But the Reggae Boyz 23-man select published on Sunday night excluded Roofe in favour of other attackers such as West Ham's Michail Antonio, Andre Gray of Queens Park Rangers and Fulham's Bobby Reid, plus other North America-based frontmen.

That comes after Roofe told Hall he wanted to stay in Glasgow to work on fully recovering from his recent injury.

Hall told Record Sport : "Kemar would have been one of the first names on my list.

"However, Kemar had indicated that he needs to to fully recover from his last injury. Hence his absence from the squad."
I like Kemar!

That’s one in the eye for some of those stamping their feet earlier in the thread about Roofe playing for Jamaica:

Hall told Record Sport : "Kemar would have been one of the first names on my list.”

Hopefully some posters admit they’ve made an arse of it when they see Roofe has asked not to go away with Jamaica on this occasion.
I’d say there’s one particular poster who needs to reasses himself and have a hard look in the mirror on his views on roofe

After all roofes putting himself in the window, he’s looking out for him, he’s dain this for his image bla bla bla

Mug

Reminds me of the thread about him after the draw at St Johnstone and then the cup exit, absolutely slated and then the ones who slated him declared him a hero a game later, hope some people eat their words again over the next few months.

Brilliant. That's Jamaica, Tunisia and Nigeria all on board with the anti-Celtic conspiracy today.

Some posters in this thread ought to be totally ashamed of themselves. Slagging off a Rangers player for playing international football and jumping the gun completely about his motivations. Comment calling him a “roadman” totally disgraceful.

A lesson for posters to wait for the facts to materialise before spouting bile at our own player.

Back