James Bisgrove interview

rangeral

Nice interview mate

Come a long way since we got him in terms of financial deals I doubt anyone would think we could get that amount of partners in a short period of time

Germlin

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Interpreting between the lines, the interview suggests there is a recognition that Castore have some quality issues and there is an endeavour to address this.

Steven

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Interpreting between the lines, the interview suggests there is a recognition that Castore have some quality issues and there is an endeavour to address this.
Read, the club aren't going to throw them under the bus at this point. They'll have been given an opportunity to improve or the club will find a new partner.

I haven't had issues myself but then I only bought the vintage shirt last season and it's been worn a handful of times.

Brick Hithouse

Thanks to the OP for the link.
Interesting to note Bisgrove saying that Castore have changed manufacturers and using the same ones as Man City.

ID10

Official Ticketer
Thanks to the OP for the link.
Interesting to note Bisgrove saying that Castore have changed manufacturers and using the same ones as Man City.
He doesn’t say that

I said that

JB’s quotes have “” and are in italics

GF1872

Read, the club aren't going to throw them under the bus at this point. They'll have been given an opportunity to improve or the club will find a new partner.

I haven't had issues myself but then I only bought the vintage shirt last season and it's been worn a handful of times.
Completely agree, they have had excuse of short setting up period which can’t be used next launch. Here’s hoping lessons have indeed been learned and this partnership works for all parties.

Captain_Buns

At last some degree of acknowledgment of Castore's failings. Hopefully with the switch in manufacturers the 150th merchandise will be of the highest standards.

foxinthebox

On Castore, weirdly enough, i bought a pair of the navy training shorts a few months ago just for kicking about the house in.
Chucked them with other washing on a 40 degree and then in the tumble drier, countless times since i bought them and the Castore printed logo and the wee letters under it look good as new, so how is it some of them are ok and others aren’t, are they outsourcing to an inferior supplier?

Burgh-Ger

On Castore, weirdly enough, i bought a pair of the navy training shorts a few months ago just for kicking about the house in.
Chucked them with other washing on a 40 degree and then in the tumble drier, countless times since i bought them and the Castore printed logo and the wee letters under it look good as new, so how is it some of them are ok and others aren’t, are they outsourcing to an inferior supplier?
The castore stuff is good quality mate, I have a few items that are non rangers and all is good.

To be honest, my Rangers stuff is good as well

Brick Hithouse

The castore stuff is good quality mate, I have a few items that are non rangers and all is good.

To be honest, my Rangers stuff is good as well
I have some Castore running gear which is absolutely gleaming. Have some golf stuff which is very nice but hasn’t been through the ringer so time will tell. My Rangers Castore stuff has ranged from just about acceptable to rubbish.

Cathcart Bear

I've got quite a few bits of our Castore stuff, all has been washed and dried the same but the Orange/Grey training t shirt is completely fucked compared to the others.

foxinthebox

I have some Castore running gear which is absolutely gleaming. Have some golf stuff which is very nice but hasn’t been through the ringer so time will tell. My Rangers Castore stuff has ranged from just about acceptable to rubbish.
My sons kit has lost most of it’s printed on stuff so it’sstrange that the printed logo on mine is still perfect after being in the tumble drier numerous times but every time he sneezed a letter fell off his top

Prod Wallace

Two things for me. On record now that the extremely short lead time for year one strips caused issues.

Secondly, Castore using a new manufacturer in year 2. Referencing manufacturer who also does Puma (Man City).

We aren't going to get an apology for the mistakes, but there has at least been acceptance.

Castore getting a clean slate from me going into this season.

TQ3

I swear he has a partnership with Carlsberg and Karma for last season.
The guys knows how to drum up some revenue, that’s for sure.
Another one of the team we can be proud of.

GranvillusClutterbuckus

I swear he has a partnership with Carlsberg and Karma for last season.
The guys knows how to drum up some revenue, that’s for sure.
Another one of the team we can be proud of.
I maybe need another coffee, but not really understanding your post mate.

We had a partnership with Carlsberg and Karma last season?

ID10

Official Ticketer
What’s the jist of the Castore chat, mate?

Won’t get a chance to read the interview properly for a bit.
1/2m units sold in first year

Short window of 2-3 months the main problem

on verge of 4 shops being opened

financially massive for the club

outside that from myself, New manufacturers which should hopefully improve quality of all the products

BriggsBear87

Probably one for a less public forum, but would love to hear his professional opinion on the level of sponsorship being attracted by Doncaster and his band of corrupt chancers.

sherbrook_loyal

Administrator
Staff member
1/2m units sold in first year

Short window of 2-3 months the main problem

on verge of 4 shops being opened

financially massive for the club

outside that from myself, New manufacturers which should hopefully improve quality of all the products

Thanks, mate.
Let’s hope everything sorts itself out then.

MSF

Probably one for a less public forum, but would love to hear his professional opinion on the level of sponsorship being attracted by Doncaster and his band of corrupt chancers.
Doncaster is obviously shite at his job, but what do you mean the “level of sponsor”?

None of the sponsors Bisgrove has got in are of particulary high level, its all about the money.

Bruce_Wayne

Surprised at this figure, I thought it would be much higher.
Was expecting well over half a million with the kits alone, never mind training bear etc

If you look at the overall prices of their stuff and average it out at say £30/£35 that's anything from £15 - £17mil they've sold in Rangers stuff alone.

Buddys Bears

Doncaster is obviously shite at his job, but what do you mean the “level of sponsor”?

None of the sponsors Bisgrove has got in are of particulary high level, its all about the money.
Too be fair keeping on Unibet/32 Red, bringing in Cadburys, Lucozade Sport, Nord VPN, Bitci, Seko, Tomket Tires and Molten Brown are all at a reasonable high level. It's a huge improvement and will continue to go up.

MSF

Too be fair keeping on Unibet/32 Red, bringing in Cadburys, Lucozade Sport, Nord VPN, Bitci, Seko, Tomket Tires and Molten Brown are all at a reasonable high level. It's a huge improvement and will continue to go up.
Tomket, Bitci, Seko, 32red are high level?

Cadburys, Nord & MB are good level yeah. Definite masisve improvement and he is clearly very good at his job but we can hardly have a go at ND for his “level of sponsor”.

Buddys Bears

Tomket, Bitci, Seko, 32red are high level?

Cadburys, Nord & MB are good level yeah. Definite masisve improvement and he is clearly very good at his job but we can hardly have a go at ND for his “level of sponsor”.
Yes they are Tomket, Bitci Seko and 32 Red are international brands so yes they are at a reasonably high level. I'm not sure what people's expectations of what the plans are of sponsorship but its clearly a strategic plan of building it up rather than go from pretty much nothing to elite level of sponsorship.

MSF

Yes they are Tomket, Bitci Seko and 32 Red are international brands so yes they are at a reasonably high level. I'm not sure what people's expectations of what the plans are of sponsorship but its clearly a strategic plan of building it up rather than go from pretty much nothing to elite level of sponsorship.
Foreign company = high level? Okay...

Last sentence shows you have missed the point. I’m not saying I expect more or that anyone else does, you’ve made that up. The point was you can’t have a go at Doncasters deal with Cinch (which is a higher level than 32Red, Unibet, Bitci, Tomket, Seko etc) for supposedly not being a high enough level, when the majority of our main deals are all lower level.

Bruce_Wayne

Last sentence shows you have missed the point. I’m not saying I expect more or that anyone else does, you’ve made that up. The point was you can’t have a go at Doncasters deal with Cinch (which is a higher level than 32Red, Unibet, Bitci, Tomket, Seko etc) for supposedly not being a high enough level, when the majority of our main deals are all lower level.

To be fair we absolutely can have a go at Doncaster. We went a full year without a sponsor, a year in which the 'historic 10' was up for grabs, and now he's got the league one that people aren't overly inspired over.

Bisgrove alone is earning the club £10mil a year with all different levels of sponsors.

Buddys Bears

These companies are not low level. You make it out to be ronnie and reggie they are reasonably high level not elite. If they can afford to sponsor multiple teams across Europe then they are reasonably high level. I never said you in particular so I never made that up said I'm not sure what people think or what they expect. As for the Cinch deal find me a post where I had a go at Doncaster.

MSF

These companies are not low level. You make it out to be ronnie and reggie they are reasonably high level not elite. If they can afford to sponsor multiple teams across Europe then they are reasonably high level. I never said you in particular so I never made that up said I'm not sure what people think or what they expect. As for the Cinch deal find me a post where I had a go at Doncaster.
Lower level, read again.

You never, but thats what my original post was about that you jumped on.

MSF

To be fair we absolutely can have a go at Doncaster. We went a full year without a sponsor, a year in which the 'historic 10' was up for grabs, and now he's got the league one that people aren't overly inspired over.

Bisgrove alone is earning the club £10mil a year with all different levels of sponsors.
Thats a different reason and fair, as stated in my original post he is shite at his job. But the Cinch deal seems to be a pretty good one.

Big company, record deal & in an industry that is only going to grow.

Buddys Bears

Lower level, read again.

Lower level, read again.

I think we're at cross wires here. Yes it was your post but it said none are particularly high level. My point was these companies are at a decent level especially Cadbury, Lucozade, MB. But with Seko they are international logistics to multiple countries. Bitci are sponsoring Spain, Betis, Wolves, Rangers, Mclaren F1. While Tomket coming out Czech are Brighton, Stuggart, Fiorentina. Would put these under a reasonable high level but not elite.

Reactions: MSF