James Dornan and Celtic FC

I feel this current scenario is (and has been since the initial Torbett conviction,) stage managed by Celtic and sympathetic people in the right places.
The Dornan show in public over the last two days is starting to call for wider enquiries when it was bigoted to ask questions last week. Work that one out?
It’s smoke and mirrors. Why the hell do we need to widen the net until this front and centre scandal has been fully investigated? This one club have SIX convicted so far (how many haven’t been caught,) but it’s taken over 30 years to somehow think there may be a ring and maybe even more involved.

For a government representative, after years of legitimate questions to break cover in the manner he did is frankly absurd. Twitter. Asking to be messaged back. Come on. It stinks to high heaven.

The dam should already be burst. The trials are over. They should be named, shamed and shut down. Every mp and parent in this country should demand answers from Celtic.

What we actually have a trickle, a play on companies house crying seperate entity, calls for comments and chants highlighting the cover up to be banned, family members of the abused chasing politicians for answers on social media.

They will become the victim here and get away Scot free.

Dornan wants a pay out and that's the end of the whole thing.

I'll tell you how this whole thing is gonna play out.
The mentally challengeds will pay out a comparatively low (and completely acceptable to them) total sum well below what they should be expected to pay.
Patrick McGuire (!!!!) will make soothing noises about celtc seeing sense and doing the right thing, and the media will somehow find a way to making celtc appear the actual victims in the whole sordid affair.

The mentally challengeds will pay out a comparatively low (and completely acceptable to them) total sum well below what they should be expected to pay.
Patrick McGuire (!!!!) will make soothing noises about celtc seeing sense and doing the right thing, and the media will somehow find a way to making celtc appear the actual victims in the whole sordid affair.
That still makes them guilty and acknowledges that offences took place on their watch

The thing is, if and when Celtic decide to pay out then it could be seen as an admission of guilt which would then leave them open to calls for a public inquiry. This is why they could stick to the separate entity nonsense.

Reading the Gray family on twitter, they don't seem to care about a pay out. They want the inquiry to find out exactly who was involved and who knew.

Hoping all victims get what they deserve.

Will be less than this mate. They will make a donation to an abuse charity and McGuire will praise them in return.
As sure as night follows day they will come out unscathed.
And outwith our support no one will give a fvck.
I have looked at forums from almost all SPFL fan sites and hardly a mention on the subject.

The thing is, if and when Celtic decide to pay out then it could be seen as an admission of guilt which would then leave them open to calls for a public inquiry. This is why they could stick to the separate entity nonsense.

Reading the Gray family on twitter, they don't seem to care about a pay out. They want the inquiry to find out exactly who was involved and who knew.

Hoping all victims get what they deserve.

And an apology!

Much of the discussion is on punishment and compensation for historic offences, but how do we know that young people aren't still in danger at Celtic/St Pats? I have no idea if sexual abuse is still going on, but I do know as a fact that there is a poisonous culture of bullying by senior staff on junior employees. A full independent enquiry is essential to bring those who covered up abuse to justice AND ensure that lessons are learned that protect current/future young people.

Possibly but the reputational damage from such happening is irrecoverable for Celtic FC.

Celtic FC have no chance of turning this story around so there is not a hope of them coming out of this smelling of roses.

So the scum SNP politician says the scum club should have a compensation fund for the victims of the child abuse scandal which eminated from the top of the club down, yet he says they shouldn't take any blame!!:oops:

When I heard Dornans comments I thought it very strange coming from him then realised his comments could be part of a dig sweep exercise. Try to keep it as low profile as possible and drip feed the victims with as little money as possible. I really don’t know, but wouldn’t put it past them as they are maintaining they do not accept liability.

When I heard Dornans comments I thought it very strange coming from him then realised his comments could be part of a dig sweep exercise. Try to keep it as low profile as possible and drip feed the victims with as little money as possible. I really don’t know, but wouldn’t put it past them as they are maintaining they do not accept liability.
I think the fact that it is going UK wide will stop that from happening especially with the connection to Barry Bennell at Crewe.

There is no way that Dornan is doing the right thing here.
He will have his clubs interests at heart.

People need to be putting pressure on politicians to get a full enquiry.

The biggest financial damage would likely come from America as they don’t f*ck about when it comes to dealing with these reptiles.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the victims go into the hundreds given the time frame that’s being talked about

I also wouldn’t be at all surprised if Kelly or McGinn were involved and were on McSherrys list

You have to wonder who cleared the names in the 80s as reported today

I wonder how their moral high ground is feeling down there now

I don't see anything wrong with a public enquiry into the entirety of Scottish Football. Should any other clubs have aided, allowed and covered up child abuse they too should be outed. However evidence points to just the one for now, so its a pretty good place to start.
Celtics big brother Hibs booted one out who allegedly went on to darken our own doorstep to continue to abuse.

Hibernians followed that well trodden paths of the that belif of not reporting and letting them continue to abuse

Trying to be ' a friend of the show ' type but instead has dropped a clanger.

100% Spot on. Will now change his stance to suit. His career is over.

Dont think the lass (Andrews Gray Sibling) he has ignored before now will entertain him. No matter how much he bends to save his career. And rightly so.

Why apart from Daly's documentry has nobody got tore into Hibs in all this,they seem to be avoiding all the flack they also should be getting,they knew Neely was a perv and failed to inform anyone,similar to McCafferty who worked at Hibs,they seem to have bolted the doors and closed the curtains and nobody is answering,don't think either that they ever offered an apology.

They also covered up child sexual abuse and they shouldn't escape punishment either,It was stated on Daly's documentry by a Hibs board member the reason why they never reported it was because if it got out all the good players would have went to Hearts,which means keeping the good name of the club a priority. That rings a bell doesn't it with the team from the east end.

Celtic Boys Club as has been proven in a Court of Law where not a separate Identity, they are entwined with the Celtic Football Club.
As such i would imagine they (CFC)would have had a duty of care to the Minors in their care.
This being the case they will or should be held to blame for the Abuse and subsequent cover up of the heinous crimes committed under their watch.
Not an expert on Scottish Law by any means but you don't really need to be its that fkn obvious

This separate entity nonsense has been blown out the water and yet they are still in denial.
You don't attempt to cover up a paedophile ring and maintain any dignity.

Dornan is a devious c.unt but that isn't what he is after. He has never levelled any accusations of abuse towards his son.

He wants Celtc to pay compensation as a "gesture" while still maintaining the "Separate Entity" line.

All the time the authorities are gonna turn a blind eye to the cover up.
Correct Dornan is utter scum

Possibly but the reputational damage from such happening is irrecoverable for Celtic FC.

Celtic FC have no chance of turning this story around so there is not a hope of them coming out of this smelling of roses.

I hope to God that you're right,but any society that can close ranks and cover up the murder of a child (Lawrence Haggerty) cannot be relied on to do the right thing.

I think he is going down the ' Celtc poppy' route. Throw money at it but actually ignore the actual issue. Backed up by him saying it's not their fault.

Spot on. His tactics here are as disingenuous as they are transparent.

Under the guise of “doing the right thing for the victims” the slimy c*nt will be hoping to work with that mob to smooth over the PR for this. He’ll help them show a bit of contrition and a half baked apology while taking no responsibility, blame and doing his best to help them weasel out of any financial responsibility.

He’ll also use any government dept. or SG minister he can to ensure there are as few repercussions for the scum as possible. My moneys on some kind of government backed deal - the scum make some half baked apology and pay minimal compensation and the victims have to sign away any and all rights to take the issue further. The SG will use their power and influence to ensure the PFs office, police, current child abuse enquiry etc. are all on board and signed up to it.

Just come on to say this in his words when asked if he knew of abuse while his son played there his answer was " Nothing like what has come out " . So back then he knew and still sent his son there
Yep that's how I read it, absolutely disgraceful.:(

Spot on. His tactics here are as disingenuous as they are transparent.

Under the guise of “doing the right thing for the victims” the slimy c*nt will be hoping to work with that mob to smooth over the PR for this. He’ll help them show a bit of contrition and a half baked apology while taking no responsibility, blame and doing his best to help them weasel out of any financial responsibility.

He’ll also use any government dept. or SG minister he can to ensure there are as few repercussions for the scum as possible. My moneys on some kind of government backed deal - the scum make some half baked apology and pay minimal compensation and the victims have to sign away any and all rights to take the issue further. The SG will use their power and influence to ensure the PFs office, police, current child abuse enquiry etc. are all on board and signed up to it.

This 100%.

Celtic is in John Mason's Scottish Parliamentary constituency isn't it? What has the bold Christian-baptist said about this given the club is on his doorstep?
i wrote to him still waiting on reply
Good day to you, i am wondering and would like clarity in what the Scottish Government and you in particular John are doing to bring on a government inquiry into the obvious paedophile ring which has been brought to light at Celtic Football Club. I am a man of 48 years and as a youngster playing against Celtic FC boys club we were told by parents to keep away from Celtic FC coaches.THIS WAS NEARLY 40 YEARS ago. OUR PARENTS KNEW THEN. Why is it only now coming to light? and why are YOU not doing anything about this.

if there is a public inquiry, they will close the place down.
I think we need to get away from any ideas of 'the place' being closed down. Never going to happen.
BBC rampant abuse from Saville, Harris etc but BBC never threatened with closure.
Primary aim surely is to get justice for all the victims, whatever justice means to the victim/s

Behind the scenes they have all knew this is coming ,I’m still of the opinion that Brendan Rodgers got out of dodge as he didn’t want to be the face of the club and potentially have to answer some awkward questions when the pile under the carpet started to spill out

Maybe Dornan has been told of the extent of the abuse by Daly. Dornan now realises the brutality of it. Dornan, in his cack handed way, has now tried to mitigate his previous attempts at minimising the abuse. He now wants, in some way, to be seen to help the victims.

In the process he's identified himself as being aware of the abuse, and made an arse of himself.

He might not be clever enough to involve himself in any half decent cover up. Look at his antics in the fanzone farce.

A thief will steal from you.

A murderer will kill you,

But you never know where you stand with a liar.

Always bear this in mind when dealing with Dornan/Seltic and, unfortunately, the Scottish Government.
yup hes playing a game i dont know what kind maybe hes waiting on a short statement from sellic then its 'ok thats it over with lets move on'

Back