James Graham 16 Year Old Ross County

I know his dad very well and his sister works with my wife. Rangers supporters all of them.. James is Rangers daft . Really nice family. Has been watched by the beggars and liverpool. Not a hope he would have ended up with the bheggars . Very highly rated. Liverpool scouts have been up watching him loads of times and had the boy and his dad down for a week to check the place out.
Goes against the grain but maybe he is better aiming for Rangers later in his career, our track record in bringing through that age group is not great. Although it would be so bloody difficult for him to turn a move to Rangers down just now.

Great to hear his story though, hope his career pans out regardless of the club he chooses this time.

He played against Rangers is this season's youth cup, pretty sure he was one of the youngest players on the pitch if not the youngest. As a consequence he was quite light weight but you could see he was a skilful player. Spoke to the Man Utd scout a week or so later and he was asking how he did in the game saying that they have had him down in Manchester a few times.

He's from just down the road from me. His dad will be delighted if he signs for us,he's a massive blue nose.
He played a trial game for a Liverpool youth team. They won 3-1 and he scored 2.
He was down at Man Utd just before lockdown. His dad told me that he got on really well there.
There will be a lot of very happy Bears here in Lewis if he signs! :)

The amount of Scottish players his age getting big moves/trials with the big European clubs is mental these days
In the past 5 years in particular Ive noticed a real sea change in young boys approaches to training and commitment in this country. I dont know if thats being reflected in otber countries but its something thats really stood out for me. With the like of Robertson and Gilmour down south, young players will be looking at them and their commutment and thinking that if they put in the graft it could be them. Its really encouraging and hopefully something that our First team can benefit from in the coming years.

In the past 5 years in particular Ive noticed a real sea change in young boys approaches to training and commitment in this country. I dont know if thats being reflected in otber countries but its something thats really stood out for me. With the like of Robertson and Gilmour down south, young players will be looking at them and their commutment and thinking that if they put in the graft it could be them. Its really encouraging and hopefully something that our First team can benefit from in the coming years.
Been told there’s around 20 Scottish players between 15-17 who’ve got offers from big clubs in England and Germany

Amount of foreign scouts at youth games these days is unheard of

Been told there’s around 20 Scottish players between 15-17 who’ve got offers from big clubs in England and Germany

Apart from the talent on show which must be decent due to your info is our market cheaper for a club to enter and make offers for young players

My lads played against him, he's apparently different class.. Levels ahead. Been at trials with Man U and Liverpool going by his instagram account

Apart from the talent on show which must be decent due to your info is our market cheaper for a club to enter and make offers for young players
No different really.
Think its just more the likes of Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, Fraser, and then obviously Gilmour tearing it up for Chelsea youths has got the English keeping their eye on the Scottish market and there seems to be an explosion of talent emerging in the age groups just about to turn pro so German teams are trying to get them before they move to English clubs and become out of reach

all The more reason to start showing these boys a pathway

No different really.
Think its just more the likes of Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, Fraser, and then obviously Gilmour tearing it up for Chelsea youths has got the English keeping their eye on the Scottish market and there seems to be an explosion of talent emerging in the age groups just about to turn pro so German teams are trying to get them before they move to English clubs and become out of reach

all The more reason to start showing these boys a pathway

How do you see things panning out youth wise

Is this anything to do with the performance academies starting to have an end product?

Is this anything to do with the performance academies starting to have an end product?
Could be but the Tims could end up losing basically a whole team,8 or 9 players, of that age group to big clubs and they don’t use the performance schools aside from special cases but they’ve got their own programme through St Ninian’s

We’ve always had talent at that level but our problem was we never really knew how to nurture it into first team players because of dinosaur coaches who would play football from the Stone Age and drill the football out of them

Back in the sixties and seventies and before, I can imagine that this figure (young Scots boys) would have been in the hundreds.

Depends what you call big clubs - Wolves, Brighton ?

One agent has recruited one player for Bayern, he has approached a couple of others and they have signed for their academy clubs.

A foreign scout at youth games, in the 100's of youth games I've attended I could count the occasions I have seen foreign scouts on one hand.

There is probably a bigger representation from agents than scouts at most games.

We haven't taken a youth striker to be a cimsiatent 1st team striker since Robert Fleck you'd think at somepoint someone will have to tear that stat up
At least with Dapo, NYC and now this lad we have a few with the potential to do it. Hopefully we can get the Blackpool one signed on too and we have plenty of options. Not sure how good he is but Robbie Ure seems to score constantly also.

I have saw him play few times, he was part of Scotland School Boys Under 18 squad and I saw all trials and couple of friendlies. Their competition was also cut short by virus and had only played one competitive game (Graham didn’t start, but came on as sub).

Some opportunity for the lad.

Have to admit that I know nothing about the young man other than him being watched/trialled by some big clubs. That he has apparently signed for us is excellent news therefore with the added bonus of him being a fan. Hope he earns a chance in the not too distant future and rattles in the goals.

Back