James Keatings - VAR

As I said on an earlier thread, VAR would not help us in the slightest. The people reviewing any incidents involving us would be the same people who cheated us the previous week.

Exactly. The technology provides another avenue to have poor decisions. Can you imagine us getting many decisions against us over turned.

Shocking decision. You can go down without being fouled, doesn’t mean it’s a dive.

As I said on an earlier thread, VAR would not help us in the slightest. The people reviewing any incidents involving us would be the same people who cheated us the previous week.
The thing is, everybody will see the truth.
There will be no hiding place.
I’ve never been known to be naive but, I just can’t see the people making these decisions, which will be a lot more publicised than just five minutes on Sportscene, putting themselves under that pressure.

I’ve never been known to be naive but, I just can’t see the people making these decisions, which will be a lot more publicised than just five minutes on Sportscene, putting themselves under that pressure.
There would be no pressure unless the decision was to the detriment of FC Bheast. When has the truth ever bothered these c.unts?

It's not how modern football always views it, but in my opinion if a striker goes down under contact, it can still be a dive. Feeling a touch as light as a feather and flopping like a salmon is a dive.

There would be no pressure unless the decision was to the detriment of FC Bheast. When has the truth ever bothered these c.unts?
I get it mate, and I get where you’re coming from.
I think I’m banking on the extra publicity making the truth the only option.
Naive?
More like a fecking sermon!

What does the panel's decision to not overturn the referee's decision have to do with VAR btw?

Their statement tonight is very good. Calls the whole process out. The whole discipline process is a farce but at least it's not just us who have felt the brunt of it.

It's not how modern football always views it, but in my opinion if a striker goes down under contact, it can still be a dive. Feeling a touch as light as a feather and flopping like a salmon is a dive.
I agree but this one instance it certainly wasn’t a dive. There was plenty contact to knock him over and I don’t even think he really appealed for the free kick.

Never a dive. How the appeal panel can rule different should be unbelievable but it isn’t. The amount of total incompetents in Scottish football is growing season by season.

VAR is different to the appeal panel though.
The governing body is essentially saying their own refs are poor if an appeal is successfull and that leads to them upholding decisions like that.
When a decision is being made with VAR however that conflict doesn't exist.

What does the panel's decision to not overturn the referee's decision have to do with VAR btw?
Because it shows that a red card incident in the game when reviewed via the Video Part of VAR is pretty clear. We still have idiots who can and will see it the way they want to see it.
If this was Celtic player under review in VAR, decision would be overturned ( if the ref even gave it in the 1st place.
If it was a Rangers player or any other team facing Celtic, the decision would stand.

I get it mate, and I get where you’re coming from.
I think I’m banking on the extra publicity making the truth the only option.
Naive?
More like a fecking sermon!
I don't see where this extra publicity would be. We have refs cheating against us every game and the only place it's pointed out is on here. Emails are sent with proof of cheating to various media outlets regularly and nobody takes the opportunity to highlight these "honest mistakes". Lets remember these refs are willing to openly cheat us in a national cup final and a game at the Glitterdome both of which were shown live to an audience of millions

There is so much being made of this decision

In the media and the Inverness statement even references PFA, other clubs and other players getting in touch to show support etc.

Ok - it’s a disgraceful decision by the appeals panel not to turn it over, that’s 100% fact

But what about St. Mirren last year with DC that wasn’t over turned? What about us losing a cup final due to a decision, what about the numerous Alfie reds, what about the decisions that are essentially costing us points week in week out right now, where’s the outrage and support there?

In the media and the Inverness statement even references PFA, other clubs and other players getting in touch to show support etc.

Ok - it’s a disgraceful decision by the appeals panel not to turn it over, that’s 100% fact

But what about St. Mirren last year with DC that wasn’t over turned? What about us losing a cup final due to a decision, what about the numerous Alfie reds, what about the decisions that are essentially costing us points week in week out right now, where’s the outrage and support there?

Rangers have called the process a shambles time and time again, nobody listened.

Now all of a sudden they all pipe up complaining about it.

Their hatred of us is totally blinding their view of what is happening in our game. Sadly I can’t see it changing any time soon.

They couldn't rescind Candeias' second yellow card because the rules don't allow it. With this incident you can get yellow cards rescinded if it was for diving I'm sure.

They couldn't rescind Candeias' second yellow card because the rules don't allow it. With this incident you can get yellow cards rescinded if it was for diving I'm sure.
I know that but where was the outrage? Where were all the players and clubs back then getting in touch to voice how hard done by we were?

I saw it and honestly couldn't believe the ref booked him and that was in real time.

Joke of a decision the guy was tripped and probably shpupd have been a booking for our boy

Many people on here think that the powers in Scottish football, the BBC and the rest of the media have an agenda against us. I don't but let's say for the sake of argument that they do, why would VAR change that? Why does it take away a hiding place? If everyone is against us then who would be giving wrong decisions more publicity?

In my opinion, the standard of officiating and the appeals process isn't corrupt, it's just crap. If they can't see that this second yellow should be rescinded then what's the point in it?

They should have to issue video evidence alongside the clear rationale for the decision on every appeal. At least that provides some form of accountability.

Dembele used to dive on a regular basis and no action was taken against him unless it was a freekick or penalty for his team.

Many people on here think that the powers in Scottish football, the BBC and the rest of the media have an agenda against us. I don't but let's say for the sake of argument that they do, why would VAR change that? Why does it take away a hiding place? If everyone is against us then who would be giving wrong decisions more publicity?

In my opinion, the standard of officiating and the appeals process isn't corrupt, it's just crap. If they can't see that this second yellow should be rescinded then what's the point in it?
I’m having difficulty putting this one into words.
I think VAR will be more in the public eye thus more open and, at risk of repeating what I’ve posted, any errors, or corruption, by referees will be more in the public domain.
Maybe the next post to yours by JCD would be a good and proper addition to the programme.

They should have to issue video evidence alongside the clear rationale for the decision on every appeal. At least that provides some form of accountability.
I’ve just posted in favour of this idea but, given that referees cannot or will not explain themselves today, I don’t see this happening.

Back