James McArthur set to sign new deal at Palace?

He's still got a bumper EPL contract in him yet, we've no chance unless he really does want to play for the shirt (and possibly Gerrard if it happens)

He's been playing very well for them and they will almost certainly staying up this season.

I think they will also stick with their manager who plays him frequently so makes total sense for him to stay there - can't see it happening for us which is a shame.

While McArthur has said he wants to join he's also said everything would have to be right. One of those being not taking at minimum a 50% wage decrease on his current 60k wage

Hitc isn’t the best on these things, as much as i’d love him here I just can’t see it happening.

He's doing too well for Palace at the moment - I would be surprised if they really wanted to let him go. A shame as he'd be an excellent signing for us.

James is a whole hearted type of player who busts a gut for the team every game. He can also play a wee bit and chip in with a goal or two. This makes him one of the darlings of the Palace version of the UB who congregate behind the goals.

We were never getting him. We sounded him out at Wigan but even then the money was not right.

His uncle posts on here as 'Obanbear' and said he's still under contract down there,which to be fair hasn't exactly been made clear by anywhere else including Crystal Palace themselves.

He is still under contract there, got another 2 years i believe, on around 48k a week, money we can't compete with. He's been in that Palace team all season, can't see him wanting to come back up to us.

Family members of McArthur have continually said he would have one more deal in the EPL/Championship then start looking at potentially coming to us.

I don’t know why folk were saying otherwise.

Reactions: cav
He is still under contract there, got another 2 years i believe, on around 48k a week, money we can't compete with. He's been in that Palace team all season, can't see him wanting to come back up to us.

The ONLY place I've read that is from his uncle on here. You'd expect him to know. Then again, when you have the player's Manager saying he's out-of-contract this Summer what chance do you have of knowing what the f*ck is going on?

McArthur is clearly good enough to merit another megabucks EPL deal.

Reactions: cav
Was there ever anything in it other than a few bods on here and Twitter saying he’d make a good signing?

Very different! One was plodding along at a sheep abusing shithole, dreaming of moving to a bigger club with more money to offer. MacArthur is an ever present in the EPL and earning 3x as much as most of our players! Saying that, would fucking love him to sign!

It was always a load of shite. The fact he is a bear is all folk need to link him with us. Will finish his career down there with them

This would have been a great signing too. Possibly would have been in with a shout if palace had went down.

He wants one more pay day and who could argue if you were in his position. We will know doubt get him when he is injury prone and just wanting an easy life.

He has been playing in England almost his whole career, probably a millionaire a few times over. If he had any ambition to play for his boyhood club then do it while you still have the legs, don’t become another Barton, dorrans, Martin to name a few looking to be the next career EPL player we throw 20k a week at adding no value at all!

Back