James McCarthy struggling with training at celtic

You could make the appearance bonus more significant I suppose.
I suspect the length of contracts Dim handed out was a problem within the club. I’m sure a lot of the players they brought in are 4/5 years. Tying a lot of wages for a long time if it doesn’t work.

For me this is one of the biggest problems they have they don't have the squad to play the type of football he wants .

Players like McCarthy are not suitable for this type of football and he isn't the only one that they signed that doesn't fit .

It's no surprise their injuries are piling up and will continue to happen until they either change style or manager .
I said at the time I wanted them to get into a European group stage as they don’t have the squad for it.

For me this is one of the biggest problems they have they don't have the squad to play the type of football he wants .

Players like McCarthy are not suitable for this type of football and he isn't the only one that they signed that doesn't fit .

It's no surprise their injuries are piling up and will continue to happen until they either change style or manager .
The type of football ange wants to play is not possible in Scotland . The players that you need cost to much money . Unless your pep and have cities financing you simply can’t . We learnt that with warburton .

take your centre backs . To play that system they need to be really good defensively and also lightning quick . Good luck finding one of them for under 20/30 million

Supposedly they've done it again with the Irish boy from Shamrock Rovers. 4 year deal and wasn't good enough to play in an "injury ravaged team" this week. Needs minutes in his legs, although he'd started his season already in Ireland.

The wee Japanese guy has put a big pretty bow on their their steaming pile of crap of a transfer window again.

Looking very much like without Furahashi, they'd be lingering around the relegation zone. Seems to be the only player that wasn't scouted by their network, and a lucky accident by all accounts.

"C'mon, mate. Why we signing this old drongo? I can move faster than 'im."

"It's because he' s Irish."

"Is he?"

"Kind of."

"Kinda? What tha %^*&?"

"The kind of Irish our supporters like. Irish. Like them."

"Hang on. Aren't our fans Scottish?"

"Kind of."

"%^*& me. The Japanese were easier to understand than you lot"
I see how you got your username.

Not even like giving a normal 30 year old a 4 year deal. He started playing mens football when he was 15. Its like giving a 35 year old who hasn't played much for a few seasons a 4 year deal. Mental

Sounds as if he's going to be their Dorrans - boyhood fan, lots of hype and plenty of premiership games, but physically done.

Reactions: VGM
That is a wonderful report and raises the question who signed this injury-prone old Geezer on a four year deal? Whoever it was I hope they keep their job at C£lt1c.

He's technically a consultant, but is employed by Dundee...

I'd put money on this being the Celtic manager's way of letting it be known that, Kyogo aside, he's not had a say in recruitment - doesn't want the blame for Hart, McCarthy etc. There's also no chance Strachan is just a consultant. Even someone with no knowledge of Scottish football like Ange can see that the ginger whinger is there to take over from him when he's binned.

Intense training isn't a good thing. Total 90s mentality. Sports scientists monitor training loads to maximize specific physical benefits. Physical training should be left to them. A manager going rogue and smashing his players into the ground during training only increases fatigue and risk of injury and furthermore, actually reduces the effectiveness of coaching sessions. (It's harder to learn when you are hanging out your hoop basically). His training methods coupled with his balls to the walls play style are going to have them burned out by Xmas. He's utterly clueless

This is a positive spin for the hordes who will be ragging today.

1. It's a harder training session
2. Makes them fitter
3. Makes them win games once up to speed
4. This will win them the league

It's giving big ange some breathing space until they realise he's a dud.

Imagine being so good at training you look like an advert for 30 days eating McDonald's.
Yeah I was thinking to myself, big Ange obviously doesn’t take the sessions lol

Intense training isn't a good thing. Total 90s mentality. Sports scientists monitor training loads to maximize specific physical benefits. Physical training should be left to them. A manager going rogue and smashing his players into the ground during training only increases fatigue and risk of injury and furthermore, actually reduces the effectiveness of coaching sessions. (It's harder to learn when you are hanging out your hoop basically). His training methods coupled with his balls to the walls play style are going to have them burned out by Xmas. He's utterly clueless
I can foresee a rangers style collapse after new year, maybe even before!

Supposedly they've done it again with the Irish boy from Shamrock Rovers. 4 year deal and wasn't good enough to play in an "injury ravaged team" this week. Needs minutes in his legs, although he'd started his season already in Ireland.
It's cool though with the deluded.

They gave him the No5 shirt "worn by McNeill" according to the rabid press.

It must be minging and all frayed surely?

I take it you have an enormous wedge on Rangers to win the league, seems like our nearest rival have no chance.

I've no idea if that article and the rumours are true but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was gospel.

Apparently David Turnbull needs to take a couple of hours nap in the afternoon after training.

and when you actually watch Celtic play, they always tire out early into the second half of games under Angie. That's why they look so dominant in games in the first half (sometimes the first hour depending on the quality of opposition) but they do tire and can be picked off very easily due to it.

As I said yesterday, they've all bought into that and it's a massive false economy.
Turnbull rarely completes a full game, would be a decent 5s player with roll on/off subs.
Something medically wrong when a young fit, healthy male, professional athlete can't last 90 minutes but literally 100s of thousands of his peers manage it every weekend around the world

Yeah. I'm no sports scientist or physician but surely there's something underlying with him - he's early 20's and should literally be at the peak of his physical fitness.

I know he had a bad injury prior to signing for Celtic but that was almost 2 years ago? and he contracted Covid too which was a year ago.

Someone his age and in his shape should bounce back from that easily - but he hasn't.

I think he's a talented player don't get me wrong. When we were rumoured to be signing Hastie I thought it was pointless as there was only 1 talent worth looking at in that team and it was Turnbull but at 3.5-million, his injuries, his inconsistent form and his fitness then we dodged a bullet, hypothetically.
He simply doesn't have the genetics for stardom.

So they’ve signed a Scottish crock who claims he’s Irish to play for an Irish team playing in Scotland.. I’m lost!

This has been taken the wrong way

The message is meant to be ‘look how tough Ange is and how rigorous his training regime is, even an ex EPL player is struggling to keep up’

In other words, it will all come good soon bhoys, please don’t hit the car park and start throwing barriers just yet!

Not sure how much I believe this article, but if true it's good to hear Flange is grinding them to the bone at training, injuries occur when muscles are fatigued and with a thin squad can only lead to more of them.

JAMES McCARTHY has struggled to get up to speed with the intensity of Ange Postecoglou's training sessions, according to reports.

The Republic of Ireland international signed a four-year deal with Celtic last month.

It represented the 30-year-old's return to Scottish football after 12 years down south with Wigan, Everton and Crystal Palace.

But he has struggled with injury in recent years and had to work his way up to full fitness after joining the Hoops.

And according to The Athletic, McCarthy has struggled with the pace and intensity of Postecoglou's training sessions at Lennoxtown.

While neither the Celtic manager or his scouting department reportedly had any meaningful input into the decision to sign the midfielder.

McCarthy started in the Parkhead club's 1-0 defeat to Livingston yesterday afternoon but was replaced by Nir Bitton midway through the second half.

He will hope to get the opportunity to show fully what he is capable of in the Hoops' Premier Sports Cup clash with Raith Rovers on Thursday.
It was always madness signing a player with his injury record on a four year deal. Loads called it out here, looks like they've been proved right so far.

Not buying that whatsoever.

A total puff piece to try and show how ‘good’ Celtic’s training routines are.

Back