James Rodriguez - Too Good for Everton

If Everton can sort their defence out they will challenge top six this season as their forward line is fantastic.

That Richarlison is some striker.

I remember he scored a goal for Colombia against Uruguay at World Cup that will stick with me for a long time. Back to goal, quick glance over his shoulder then used his shoulder to control the ball and volly off under side of the bar all in one fluid movement. It was a sublime goal.

I remember he scored a goal for Colombia against Uruguay at World Cup that will stick with me for a long time. Back to goal, quick glance over his shoulder then used his shoulder to control the ball and volly off under side of the bar all in one fluid movement. It was a sublime goal.

Did he win the golden boot at that WC?

So if you say the same for Allan, and perhaps Richarlison, doesn’t that actually just make them a very good side?

Was thinking the same. Had the striker praised, James, Richarlison, the left back, & the 2 central midfielders, & the manager. :p

My favourite WC goal, that goals actually lead to folk underrating him believe it or not.

Reactions: GF7
No player is better than any team football isn't about individual players its a team game its about getting the best out of individual players when there hot thats like trying to say Alfie or borma are far 2 good for us

He reminds me of one of those guys that needs to the main guy in the team to perform at his best.
He certainly has all the skills to be playing for a bigger club but it doesn't seem like he plays well when he is part of a team where there are others on his level and he has to share the ball.
Yeah, I think there’s truth in that. He probably likes the accolades and love he gets being a standout, rather than having the likes of Ronaldo hanging around.

Seen him play for Banfield in Argentina in 2009, only came on for 10 minutes. Only realised a few year ago when looking at the line ups on Soccerway. Apparently Real Madrid still owe them money as they have a clause for any onward sales of him.

To think he’s behind Kane, Rashford, Ings, Abraham and possibly Greenwood for England. If he could play for Scotland he would be the first name on the team-sheet.

If he keeps playing like he is currently, he'll not be that far down the pecking order for long

I'll just repeat what was said a few weeks ago, he is levels above Everton. He would still be at Bayern if not for Kovac.

Special player.

He would have stayed with Bayern if not for Kovac, bad timing really but the only positive here is the link back up with Ancelotti.

Regarded the overrated stuff, he really isn't. Since his 2014 World Cup:

Ligue 1 Team of the Year
Player of the Year
La Liga Midfielder of the Year
La Liga Team of the Year
Assist Leader
UEFA Team of the Year
Bundesliga Team of the Year
Champions League Team of the Year
Copa America Team of the Tournament

He's a fantastic footballer, keeping him fit is the only concern.

The main square in Quito erupted. Very strange. It would be like George Square celebrating a Harry Kane goal.

Yeah, I think there’s truth in that. He probably likes the accolades and love he gets being a standout, rather than having the likes of Ronaldo hanging around.

Yeah, I think some guys struggle to play all aspects of the game. He has an amazing attacking sense/vision etc.. but he's not chasing back 40 yards to close down an attack. The guys performing at the top clubs need to always be switched on and working. He seems like the type that only really gets involved once the ball is near him in the attacking areas of the pitch.

No player is better than any team football isn't about individual players its a team game its about getting the best out of individual players when there hot thats like trying to say Alfie or borma are far 2 good for us
That’s not the case though, clearly. Players can be too good for a club/level of competition and normally players play at a level appropriate to their talents. It’s not always the case clearly and players can get found out or move up if their talents allow.

We are a bit of an anomaly in that we are a huge club, trapped, because of geography, in a shit league. If we got a move to a bigger league, we are the kind of club who would then easily attract better players.

I honestly don’t even know you mean here mate.
He's not a good player. 35 mil rising to 50 mil. Nowhere near, not even in todays inflated prices. He's maybe not as bad as the Brazilian boy at Newcastle, or the Jamaican boy at Bolton that was fast-tracked into the England team.

He's not a good player. 35 mil rising to 50 mil. Nowhere near, not even in todays inflated prices. He's maybe not as bad as the Brazilian boy at Newcastle, or the Jamaican boy at Bolton that was fast-tracked into the England team.
Is your name meant to be a pun on talking sh*te :))

Who cares, it’s a joy to have him playing in the premier league, and it’s actually quite good to see Everton playing well for a change, plenty of brilliant talent joining that league this season, more the merrier!

Everton have big plans and are very ambitious, one look at the stadium they are about to build will show how serious they are.

It’s looking like a very good fit at the moment.

Calvert Lewin shaping up very well indeed.

With a manager who knows what he is doing, they could potentially have a good season.

Back