James Rodriguez - Too Good for Everton

I loved Ancelotti’s comments that a striker should only need one touch to score a goal, at AC Milan Inhzagi scored 300 goals, 250 were with one touch :cool: , great advice for Calvert Lewin indeed
Eh? Inzaghi scored 73 goals in 11 seasons at Milan. He needed 10 chances to score 1.

126 for Milan in 300 games.

Just under 300 goals for his career though which I'm guessing is what he means.
So, about 11 goals a season at Milan.

It didn’t appear in any way like he meant in his career but even so, Inzaghi was hardly a prolific finisher. My abiding memory of him was him always being caught offside.

He has a bond with ancelotti that he doesn’t have with arteta or solskjaer. Some players thrive on bein the big fish in the small pond. As an everton follower im lovin havin hameth at goodison

Im sure if Arsenal or Utd offered him 200k a week that bond would have held true and he would still have gone to Everton :)

So, about 11 goals a season at Milan.

It didn’t appear in any way like he meant in his career but even so, Inzaghi was hardly a prolific finisher. My abiding memory of him was him always being caught offside.

He was a weird player who often looked useless outside the box but always seemed to crop up in the right place to bag winners in huge games.

He did but often he was wasteful with good chances and I think he was born offside.

The offside jibe is such a cliché but it definitely holds weight because he did play on the shoulder of the last defender and did get caught offside an inordinate number of times.

Had a knack for big goals even if he was nowhere near as gifted as the Ronaldo’s, Batistuta’s, Crespo’s, and Vieri’s who played around the same era.

The offside jibe is such a cliché but it definitely holds weight because he did play on the shoulder of the last defender and did get caught offside an inordinate number of times.

Had a knack for big goals even if he was nowhere near as gifted as the Ronaldo’s, Batistuta’s, Crespo’s, and Vieri’s who played around the same era.
If Ronaldo got his amount of chances, he’d have scored about 500 goals.

Probably.
Gets written off almost because he’s been classed as a failure at Madrid and Bayern.
Ridiculous thinking.

He's been named to the team of the year in:

The Spanish League
The German League
The French League
The Portuguese League
The Champions League
By FIFA (i.e. The World)

And has been in the team of the tournament in

The World Cup
Copa America

And has winners medals from

Champions League X2
Europa League x 1
Spanish League X2
German League x2
Portuguese League x3
Argentinian League X1

8 League championships in 4 countries in 11 seasons. (Everton should put a stop to that though )

And some people view him as an over rated or a failure. . . . mental.

Really can't abide dreary mid-table - lower end EPL dross signing players like that.

It's just wrong.
Dross ? Maybe he’ll improve them so that they are not dross , would a pleasant change if Everton won the premier league (not saying they will) but a change from Chelsea united city Liverpool arsenal .

I looked at the Everton team sheet at the start of the match, and said to my son that that was a world class team on paper! He noted the flaw, that was Pickford, and he nearly sold the jerseys in the first 10 minutes.

James, Richarlison, Allan, Decourt, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Keane.. they could all walk into any Premier League team. Add in Calvert-Lewin, and Coleman who are both very good - they have a strong first XI

Their problem is their strength in depth - there may be a point 5 or 6 of these guys will be injured or off form, and I don't really know who they have to replace them.
:D

None of them would get into Liverpool or Man City’s 11 for a start.

Last edited:
Very early days, but Everton look a very different side.

With the current climate could they make a push for the top 4?

Not with Pickford in goal he is dreadful and they need a better centre half as well. Liked Mina at the world cup but don't think he's kicked on he and Pickford were both poor for the 1st goal yesterday.

James was good and took his goal well surprised they got him and he could turn out to be a very good signing for them and a missed opportunity for likes of Arsenal.

Still think they’ll end up between mid-table and Europa - think West Brom were the better team until the sending off!!! And to answer your question, yes I think he is!!!

Last edited:
I looked at the Everton team sheet at the start of the match, and said to my son that that was a world class team on paper! He noted the flaw, that was Pickford, and he nearly sold the jerseys in the first 10 minutes.

James, Richarlison, Allan, Decourt, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Keane.. they could all walk into any Premier League team. Add in Calvert-Lewin, and Coleman who are both very good - they have a strong first XI

Their problem is their strength in depth - there may be a point 5 or 6 of these guys will be injured or off form, and I don't really know who they have to replace them.
Your at it.

Scored 37 and assisted 42 for Madrid in 125 games and scored 15 and assisted 20 in 67 games for Bayern.

The people who say he flopped don’t have a clue.
Reckon the flop tag is easily attached due to the high expectation of the player, He was sensational at the 2014 World Cup and most folk expected him to be at that level all the time.

I really like him as a player and he also gives me a great memory from playing trivial pursuits with the family, To win the game I got asked by my Mrs and daughter, Who was top goal scorer at the 2014 World Cup , Hames Rodriguez was my answer, they refused to give it to me as his name was actually, James

I really like him. I’ve said before, if his transfer was only £12 mil, I would have bought him. He would have been sensational for us. Maybe wages would be a problem, but he would have taken us up another gear and absolutely slaughtered the mentally challengeds. In Europe, he would have taken us further. We can only dream!

The power of a good manager at the helm. Anceloti will attract that type of player at any club with a bit of coin.

I think the reason why the likes of Spurs and Arsenal didn't go for him is probably because they actually believed that he has gone shit despite the stats showing otherwise. He is clearly still a very good player.
He is absolutely perfect for arsenal and spurs. How they missed him. To me he'd be like a van Der vaart was for spurs

I really like him. I’ve said before, if his transfer was only £12 mil, I would have bought him. He would have been sensational for us. Maybe wages would be a problem, but he would have taken us up another gear and absolutely slaughtered the mentally challengeds. In Europe, he would have taken us further. We can only dream!
Of all the teams he could have chosen.
Must have been the Ancellotti influence.
Was it he who signed him for Madrid?

Back