James Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I really like about him. Goldson likes his passes to Tav, or along the back line, but Sands is always willing to play it through the middle to feet, and let midfield take responsibility for the ball.
It opens up so much space as teams have to follow the movement. All too often we attack down the wings, but this adds another threat.

Both Sands & Tillman are brave on the ball, composed and not shy about making a more difficult pass to open up the game.

Great to see.

Another solid performance from Sands, he’s been excellent this season at CB.

Lots of folk determined to stick to their pish that he can’t play there despite all of his best performances for the club having been in that position.

He defends very aggressively, and has great timing in the tackle, recovery pace and the ability to play through the lines out from the back.
With that aggressive defending comes risk-taking that can sometimes backfire but so far the reward has been worth the risk. It means he'll make some mistakes but hopefully he can learn from them and keep improving.
Is he in the mix for the US World Cup squad?
He was told that he needs to play first team football regularly to get in the squad, so hopefully this means he will be.

You know what I really like about him. Goldson likes his passes to Tav, or along the back line, but Sands is always willing to play it through the middle to feet, and let midfield take responsibility for the ball.
It opens up so much space as teams have to follow the movement. All too often we attack down the wings, but this adds another threat.
Completely agree! We can be predictable at times and if you know what a team is going to do it’s easier to defend. Sands playing through the middle and forward is a real strength. Kamara ability to take it under pressure and turn on Wednesday also offered us that extra dimension.

Our combination of Caffine, Steroids and Cerebral enhancement fluid has him like a beast and reading the game like Baresi.

In my opinion Sands has the Jersey ahead of Davies, Helander and Souttar when they are fit.

It’s his place to lose

Will be interesting to see what Gio does against a team like Liverpool.

Does he start Sands and Davies (if fit) in a 3 allowing Sands to move up a position as and when required.

I see your point and largely agree but Souttar is likely to have to be managed in terms of his volume of games. Davies, if what has been said on heres is true, obviously has a lot going on right now from a personal point of view, god knows when he will be in a good head space (To be clear I have no issue with it, I hope the club give him as long as he needs) and I wouldn't be hanging my hat on Helander.

The jersey is Sands to lose, he has it 100% on merit but for me there is the potential for us to be stretched at LCB. So whilst in terms of permanent signings I think there are other positions that take precedence, I wouldnt be surprised or disappointed to see cover come in on loan.
I've obviously missed something re davies' issues. Whats the score here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back