James Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he done well in the air considering he was up against Luuk De Jong.

I think a lot of people don’t fancy him as he doesn’t “look” like a centre half.

He absolutely did - he's very deceiving in aerial battles because of his stature. He wins his fair share!!

Sands has been better than Bassey when he first started playing CB.
I think people forget he's 6 months younger than Bassey and he's likely to improve alot over the course of his first full season in Scotland.

I'm not saying I expect him to improve as quickly as Calvin did but he's a similar player in terms of skillset when playing CB at the same stage of his career where Bassey went stratospheric who was probably scouted and signed by the same scouts and analysts who also projected Bassey as a good bet.

Folk around me (GR5) were screaming at him in the opening 5 minutes because he lost out in one aerial battle with De Jong.

Luuk De Jong who is one of the best aerial strikers in Europe :D

It'll likely go under the radar today because of the joke refereeing that's ultimately cost us 2 points...but I thought Sands was excellent today. Great reading of the game, solid in the air and some very crisp passing out from the back.

Seems to be growing into the cb role with every game and no qualms at all with him starting in eindhoven.

Getting better with every single game, much like Bassey last season. He’s going to be an absolute star.

Our best centre half by an absolute mile this season.

2 really good performances from him in a week. Only centre back this season that has done anything

He was very good today however I. The lead up to there goal he had the opportunity to clear a previous attack and instead of playing a diagonal that Tav might have gotten on he boots it straight up field and Marshall is able to come into the pitch unchallenged Cause there was no one up the pitch and from that resultant attack after picking up the ball then we end up losing the goal for 2-2, may still have happened but giving possession straight back to them wasn’t the best option. Least we never lost a goal to a set piece which makes a change

By the way, he’s going to make us a lot of money, especially if he was a good WC.
He’s going to make the team that currently owns him a lot of money, which currently isn’t us as he’s on loan. But yeh if we take up the option to buy, long term he could make us a lot of money

Bit bewildered that this thread has been bumped.

He was OK, he could’ve been better at their first goal but he is our 4th/5th best CM playing as a 5th choice CB due to injuries.

Rangers expect and need more than Sands can offer I feel.

Hopefully the nonsense posts about Sands being poor will stop now. He was superb today, our MOTM in my opinion.
It's FF mate, once your opinions in it can't be changed no matter how stupid you look.

He’s easily been our best CH this season, which is a worry given we signed 2 more to play there.
Glad we have the option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back