James Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should be playing him at ch whenever he plays

When he fills out a bit he could be genuine top class

His passing today was first time he's shown how good he actually is

People didn’t like him in midfield as he was a keep it simple player and wasn’t really a warrior type. At centre half I think he’s showing his true worth.

Sands is developing well, very composed player. He could play centre back alongside Goldson or be one of the sitting midfielders, which I think is his more likely position. I think his positive development means that the club may actually consider selling Kamara while he’s in mid contract and will attract a decent fee. We don’t need 4 sitting midfielders - Lundstram, Kamara, Jack, Sands.

He has looked more than capable at centre back - I would have no qualms with him starting there until Davies is up to speed as when he is assume the back 4 baring injury will be Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz

I think I underestimated how good Sands is , at the end of last season you could see a player , still to find his best position because he's so versatile, look forward to see more him over the coming season.

Sands is developing well, very composed player. He could play centre back alongside Goldson or be one of the sitting midfielders, which I think is his more likely position. I think his positive development means that the club may actually consider selling Kamara while he’s in mid contract and will attract a decent fee. We don’t need 4 sitting midfielders - Lundstram, Kamara, Jack, Sands.

I sincerely hope replacing Kamara with Sands isn't part of our plan.

I think I underestimated how good Sands is , at the end of last season you could see a player , still to find his best position because he's so versatile, look forward to see more him over the coming season.

He's an absolute class act and has good physicality about him too.

He's just turned 22 and even though he's looked very good in central defence, his athleticism and use of the ball will see him become a DM 1st pick, sooner rather than later.

I think he is a very useful squad player. Still don't see him holding down a place anywhere in the team when everyone is fit and firing. Davies will play centre back and Lundstram, Jack and Kamara are better midfielders than Sands.

Not a criticism at all btw.

I sincerely hope replacing Kamara with Sands isn't part of our plan.

Why not?

He may not quite be at Kamara's level yet, but he's got the skill set to get there.

Tall, strong, quick, athletic, good defensive discipline, uses the ball well and shifts it quickly, plus he reads situations well.

Sands is the real deal and ticks all the boxes for a defensive midfielder.
He's just turned 22 and is younger than the likes of Stephen Kelly.

He's also a full internationalist for a vastly superior team than Scotland.

He's got the potential to be a 1st pick DM for us in the not too distant future and will develop into a very good footballer imo.

Needs to play from start on Tuesday and I hope we sign him on a permanent.

Think he will start on Tuesday.

Like everyone else I have beem impressed with his pre-season form but talk of signing him is a bit premature. There is no rush as we have "a right to buy" in the summer so lets bide our time and fingers crossed and if the boy proves his worth he'll get the permanent move he wants.

Why not?

He may not quite be at Kamara's level yet, but he's got the skill set to get there.

Tall, strong, quick, athletic, good defensive discipline, uses the ball well and shifts it quickly, plus he reads situations well.

Sands is the real deal and ticks all the boxes for a defensive midfielder.
He's just turned 22 and is younger than the likes of Stephen Kelly.

He's also a full internationalist for a vastly superior team than Scotland.

He's got the potential to be a 1st pick DM for us in the not too distant future and will develop into a very good footballer imo.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you say above re Sands. However, Kamara is not a defensive midfielder. He's not a spoiler in the the way I think Sands would be in a Rangers team. The point I was making was that if we do indeed sell Kamara before September, we should be re-investing the cash we get for him in a player of similar qualities and attributes i.e. a number 8 type who can play a bit, go past players, dictate the tempo of a game against high level opposition.

If anything, Sands should be groomed as a replacement for Lundstram and the role he plays.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you say above re Sands. However, Kamara is not a defensive midfielder. He's not a spoiler in the the way I think Sands would be in a Rangers team. The point I was making was that if we do indeed sell Kamara before September, we should be re-investing the cash we get for him in a player of similar qualities and attributes i.e. a number 8 type who can play a bit, go past players, dictate the tempo of a game against high level opposition.

If anything, Sands should be groomed as a replacement for Lundstram and the role he plays.

Yeah, fair point.
I agree with that.

I thought you were meaning that he wasn't of the quality to start for us.

I see him in more in a Lundstram or Jack role.

Seems like a down to earth lad who works hard. Really hoping he impresses again

Seems like he's been patient and has learned a lot. If he keeps it tidy and neat in the back he should get more first team time.

Was that down to just a bad team performance?
Hard to judge because the team was so bad, but he was unfortunate to have the 2 worst performers in Barisic and Jack next to/ahead of him. Got booked and could've got sent off. Far from the problem, but today was a step back for him. Under real pressure and lost his head.

Hard to judge because the team was so bad, but he was unfortunate to have the 2 worst performers in Barisic and Jack next to/ahead of him. Got booked and could've got sent off. Far from the problem, but today was a step back for him. Under real pressure and lost his head.
Hopefully the next game is a good turnaround.

No offense meant toward Goldson but he's got talent, just wish he had someone like Davie Weir to learn from.

So solid defensively tonight, especially squeezing their striker high to win it and continue the pressure. Really needs to take care of the ball though, numerous passes into no man’s land almost cost us. A good prospect though. Looks like he’s been on the gear too and packed on the muscle

So solid defensively tonight, especially squeezing their striker high to win it and continue the pressure. Really needs to take care of the ball though, numerous passes into no man’s land almost cost us. A good prospect though. Looks like he’s been on the gear too and packed on the muscle
60% good 40% poor? That sums it up for last night?

Not convinced at all with the lad and I don't think he's very convinced yet himself! Couple of strong tackles (which you'd like to think a CH has in his locker) but also some terrible distribution that could have cost us dearly.

Saved McLaughlin's Rangers career right enough which was finished if his sloppy pass had been punished or had got Sands sent off at a crucial stage in the match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back