James Tavernier Hall of Fame?

Truth hurts. He is continually out of position. No goals and no assists, crosses shocking. Wouldn't agree with your summation that he was pathetic though, just not good enough.
Are we discussing the same player?
No goals and no assists?
Sorry, I’d rather you didn’t reply as I cannot be bothered with crap like this.
So, reply if you want but that’ll be the end of it.

How things can change in a few months eh?

James Tavernier’s name will be writ large in our history

100% for me. He's been the driving force on the pitch that has delivered the most important title in our history. If that doesn't qualify someone for the hall of fame, nothing will.

If we win the league this year, going forward this squad will be the next generations 9iar squad.

The way we wax lyrical about Brown, McCall, McLaren, even Alex Cleland :) !!! will be the way this generation will talk about Jack, Goldson etc.

Memory clouds judgement and the frailties of this squad will long be forgotten if we win the league.
Still stand by this. Every player in our squad this season will be waxed lyrical about for seasons to come.

If we win the title this year does that put James Tavernier in the hall of fame contention? Has been a tremendous player for us, can sometimes divide opinion but you can't argue with his stats.
Being the captain to lead us to 55 after all we have been through for me would elevate him into our hall of fame without question.
Would like to know if others feel the same, knowing that he can divide opinion.
Definitely a worthy candidate.

If we are taking the concept of a 'Hall of Fame' being a serious thing with 'legends' filling it, then absolutely not.

For him to be added it would be purely because he is the captain of the team that wins 55.

That suggests the role of captain is important (something which some people on here usually argue it isn't).

If it is that important then he has been an abject failure as a captain so far
(not player).

On the pitch he has captained us during some of our most embarrassing defeats. Off the field things like his words in the programme last season or not facing the camera against Progres are pathetic.

As mentioned some people will say the role of captain is not important. In Scotland (and the UK) in my opinion it is. During our successes we have always had excellent leaders. Tav is clearly not a leader or anywhere near some of our legendary captains.

If we win the league this year it won't be because Tav is captain, it will be because we have the best team.

“On the pitch he has captained us during some of our most embarrassing defeats”

Better get Bobby Shearer out ASAP then.Captain of the 1957 7-1 defeat to them.

Last edited:
“On the pitch he has captained us during some of our most embarrassing defeats”

Better get Bobby Shearer pot ASAP then.Captain of the 1957 7-1 defeat to them.

That's what I thought then and that doesn't change the fact he did captain us during bad defeats.

Now after his performances and how he has lead and galavanised the team this season, I believe there is no doubt he should be inducted into it.

I am not someone who digs their feet into a belief and sticks with it. Things can change and they have, as well as my opinion on this subject. He has been excellent and I am proud he is our captain.

If we win the title this year does that put James Tavernier in the hall of fame contention? Has been a tremendous player for us, can sometimes divide opinion but you can't argue with his stats.
Being the captain to lead us to 55 after all we have been through for me would elevate him into our hall of fame without question.
He does divide opinion.
I can't make my mind up if he is just fckn great or merely fckn brilliant?

Get him in there.
He has just led us to perhaps our most iconic title.

Without a doubt. It’s to honour the achievements of players and their service to the club. Tavs consistency of performance and minutes played are incredible. He was deservedly made captain and is about the lift one of the most significant trophies in our history.

Anyone belittling this achievement because he cost us a few goals once or didn’t win trophies without a strong squad around him isn’t worth listening to.

Only Steven Davis and Alan McGregor from the current squad should be considered at this point in time

Some folk really should give up on football.
That post you’ve quoted is hilariously absurd.

Unfortunately for some reason Admin usually take a dim view of these bumps.
It’s a shame really. Some folk deserve to be reminded of their appalling views.

Aye that's quite weird to me folk are just wanting a laugh at this kind of stuff.

Just hoping the Hearts Scottish Cup match thread can't be found because I'm unsure if I posted on that or not :)):))

Some folk really should give up on football.
That post you’ve quoted is hilariously absurd.

Unfortunately for some reason Admin usually take a dim view of these bumps.
It’s a shame really. Some folk deserve to be reminded of their appalling views.
Even when the guy posted it, it was a stupid opinion anyone even last year can see how vital Tav is to us

Of course he should be, to come through what he has, then Gerrard making him Captain, and to achieve the ultimate is testament to the man.

100% yes. He’s went through more with this club than many players would have, he’s never hid and now he’s reaping the rewards.

I'd put everyone in this squad in it to be honest. What they are about to do from where we were won't ever be matched imo.

Thank you for your service Captain James Tavernier, you’ve helped us through some dark times and your now about to reap the rewards! Many would of gave up and moved on before now!

55th league title captain after 8.75 years of hell! Well earned place in the hall of fame!

Eh you do realise Tavernier played in the same team as Lee Wallace o_O

If you read what I posted, Gerrard will have achieved more in a shorter space of time. Tavernier was part of the team that Celtic took something like 15 goals off in 3 games, that got put out of Europe by part timers. He’s been a perennial loser at Rangers and, for me, winning a league at the 5/6th time of asking under his 4th manager, including Murty, nah he wouldn’t be getting my vote for Hall of Fame

Any update on your opinion? :D

My thoughts are simple, there should be a special plaque with everyone involved from the start of this unprecedented journey back!

Where the hall of fame is concerned I would put a collective with all those who have carried us over the line put in hall of fame as the 55rs they are The Specials imo because it is they who have completed the final leg of our long journey back to where we belong!

Back