James Tavernier - Played under 6 Rangers Managers

gartsherrie

Tav will now be playing under his 6th Rangers Manager - not including the the short period of time when Jimmy Nic was in charge.

That must be a first for a Rangers player?

Does Advocaat count for him?

I think it does.

Advocaat was 98 to 13/12/01.

If Greegs played even one match before 13/12/01, then Advocaat is on the list. Greegs was certainly at the club in the 1st team squad at the time.

Could be 8 full time managers Greegs has played for :oops:

Edit - 1st team debut Feb 2002. Dick had left the December before. He was in Advocaat’s 1st team squad though. Not sure if we’re counting that

I think it does.

If Greegs played even one match before 13/12/01, then Advocaat is on the list. Greegs was certainly at the club in the 1st team squad at the time.

Edit - 1st team debut Feb 2002. Dick had left the December before. He was in Advocaat’s 1st team squad though. Not sure if we’re counting that

If he was on the bench under Advocaat then I'm counting it.

So one player has worked under eight of the eighteen managers in our 150 year history. Mental.

If he was on the bench under Advocaat then I'm counting it.

So one player has worked under eight of the eighteen managers in our 150 year history. Mental.
McGregor make his debut away to Forfar in the Scottish Cup in early 2022 under McLeish.

Edit: 2002!

Last edited:
I think it does.

McGregor was on the bench under Advocaat, obviously that counts as his manager.

I think it does.

McGregor made his debut in Feb 2002 at Station Park so whilst there under Advocaat he didn't play (may have been on the bench though.)

*Apologies, only saw your edit when clicking save.

What's McGregor at?

Eck?
PLG?
Walter
Ally
Gerrard
Gio
Beale
That’s quite the statistic.. off the top of my head only John Greig and Ally McCoist will have been in the first team for as long at Rangers.
Ally McCoist must have been 22 or 23(?) when he joined as well.

Living embodiment of never hides. Easily could have phucked off down to the Championship after the first 2 years and made a better than decent living.

Stayed for the fight and seen it through.

I would only include Tav as having 5 managers. If you are going to include Murty then you are as well including Jimmy Nicholl and Davie McCallum.
Using SkyBet’s ‘10 competitive games counts as permanent manager’, Murty makes the cut

Tav will now be playing under his 6th Rangers Manager - not including the the short period of time when Jimmy Nic was in charge.

That must be a first for a Rangers player?
Don’t know how to be honest….just sums up where our standards went since 2012

It’s difficult to call someone who’s appointed caretaker,clearly presented as caretaker and who reverts back to their old coaching role after being relieved of his duties as anything other than caretaker mate.

Still reckon it was an extended audition for the gig rather than some grand plan to buy them time after the McInnes debacle.

It's mental to think back that this wet wipe was our manager for the majority of that season.

Back