James Tavernier was a disgrace for a captain today

Should never play for us again....

Him and the whole bloody lot of them out there today.

Never ever have we had sure a squad of players that have let us and our club down so badly.

From the off today, the whole team looked like they were shitting themselves.

A disgrace alround............

Last edited:
He was outstanding against them at Christmas, totally owned the right hand side of the pitch and was unlucky not to score whilst laying at least one gilt edged chance on the head of Morelos.

Today he looked like a rabbit lost in the headlights and offered nothing. Could not pass, no energy, an empty jersey.

There has to be something going on, something rotten that is behind this, because the difference is just too stark for it to be coincidental.

He is dreadful. Once again which has been a constant feature he loses possession 20 yards in their half. 10 seconds later hes back rescuing the situation by giving a foul 20 yards into our half and putting us under more pressure.

Massively inconsistent but gets excused as hed be better with better players. Well so would i but the underlying thing of me being crap would remain.

That's his worst game for us as far back as I can remember...got no help from Candeias right enough but Tav is still the least of our worries.

Dunno why he’s been made captain in the first place.

Who else could do it though? He’s a good player but you can’t have a good player at right back that’s known to be a prankster, the captain of a club like ours.

We need a natural leader and we are lacking that with any consistency.

Murty has dished our the captains armband of our great like popcorn , half the team has worn it under him, it should be a privilege to wear it but they have abused it big time all I want is for all those cunts to %^*& off from my club

He was really shit today and allowed himself to be pushed off the ball far too easily. A real lack of effort, when effort was needed most.

You couldn’t make a captain out of the lot of them.
Alves is the only leader in that squad and he’s fucked.

Alves!?

Leader's give their all, play through pain, are 100% committed to the cause.

Bruno Alves has been playing all season like he's terrified of getting injured and missing the World Cup.

He could not give one feck about Rangers.

He was outstanding against them at Christmas, totally owned the right hand side of the pitch and was unlucky not to score whilst laying at least one gilt edged chance on the head of Morelos.

Today he looked like a rabbit lost in the headlights and offered nothing. Could not pass, no energy, an empty jersey.

There has to be something going on, something rotten that is behind this, because the difference is just too stark for it to be coincidental.

I've thinking that for a while, about a number of players.

Thing is I can't put my finger on what it could be as things are THAT bad across the whole club right now.

He was horrendous today, I just don’t understand how he could be so good against them in the previous visit to the piggery.

Looked like he was running through treacle and lost count the number of times he lost the ball. And the telly was turned off at half time.

I talked the other week about the 'elephant in the room', that was our core of supposedly best players that aren't good enough to be champions. James is another one I'm afraid. Never a defender, or Captain.

His "defending" today was absolutely non existent. Disgraced the club and should be ashamed of himself along with the rest of the spineless lot.

Making “tavs “our captain,is a statement of how short we as a team are in relation to having “battlers,and leaders in our club,went 0-2 down,i thought who’s gonna take us on?we are a squad with no”heart “!all season we have “bitched “on here about the words “attitude,aggression “as it stands it is clear that as a club,we have NONE!totally embarrassing days indeed.

All he wants do do is go bombing down the wing. As for the rest of it, positional discipline, consistency, defending he is fucking clueless. The number of goals he has cost us is ridiculous and is not overcome with the occasional burst forward or decent cross. He has to get his priorities right.

I watched him today take a free kick out near the corner flag in the scum left back position. Who was covering his position? Cummings. Just how fucking insane is that, mental.
He then hits the first man, the scum break away (again) and wonderboy saunters back arriving just in time to duck under Alnwick's clearance. He needs a real solid boot up his overinflated arse.

Last edited:
All he wants do do is go bombing down the wing. As for the rest of it, positional discipline, consistency, defending he is fucking clueless. The number of goals he has cost us is ridiculous and is not overcome with the occasional burst forward or decent cross. He has to get his priorities right.

I watched him today take a free kick out near the corner flag in the scum left back position. Who was covering his position? Cummings. Just how fucking insane is that, mental.
He then hits the first man, the scum break away (again) and wonderboy saunters back arriving just in time to duck under Anwick's clearance. He needs a real solid boot up his overinflated arse.
You have just mirrored my posts regarding this guy for the last couple of seasons just hope more catch on to what we have been seeing with him.

i have suffered bad days when playing the scum but the team today was the worst i have ever seen. it was man v babies not boys but i am not surprised what happen today. when we have a loser as manager it will no doubt rub off on the players as if a lot of the players need any more because most are losers all ready.

Somehow he gets off Scot free and has a loyal band of fluffers. Same as Windass.

Both need to be sent packing, hopefully they will

Scot free? Tav's one of the players you can guarantee will have at least one or two threads about him if he has a distinctly average game never mind a poor one.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's, a lot of poets on here today.

Oh no, you caught me.

Ok then, he was brilliant today, tackling and passing was magnificent, positional play second to none, beating men for fun and really forcing them back. How they got past us down that side about 20 times is a mystery.
It was breathtaking how his chest out captaincy, leading by example, didn't result in a resounding victory.

In fact he may well have shaded the late great Sandy Jardine in such an inspirational performance.

That better for you?

Jesus H Christ, he was absolutely gash and not for anywhere near the first time. Rangers captain? Laughable, if it wasn't so serious.

I'm a massive fan of Tav but he should never wear the armband again after that display, if we have a good enough offer in the summer he should be off. Utterly disgraceful performance from him today, he should be utterly ashamed.

Back