James Tavernier was a disgrace for a captain today

Wakey wakey, Tav will not be alright under a decent manager.
As for the least of our worries patter, it`s beyond a joke.
He only gets a game every week as there is no-one else competing for his position.
This is the level of mediocrity that has been accepted by vast swathes of the support.
The boy hasn`t had a decent game since the second half of our game against falkirk in the Scottish cup quarter final.
He was also rank rotten in the first half of that game.

From day one in the lower leagues we could all see he was not a defender. This season has exposed that .

Good player going forward but . . .

Seems like a coach has told him early on, 'you can put a good tackle in, we'll make you a right back!'.

No awareness.

Oh no, you caught me.

Ok then, he was brilliant today, tackling and passing was magnificent, positional play second to none, beating men for fun and really forcing them back. How they got past us down that side about 20 times is a mystery.
It was breathtaking how his chest out captaincy, leading by example, didn't result in a resounding victory.

In fact he may well have shaded the late great Sandy Jardine in such an inspirational performance.

That better for you?

Jesus H Christ, he was absolutely gash and not for anywhere near the first time. Rangers captain? Laughable, if it wasn't so serious.

poet behaviour...

poet behaviour...

Don't know what you want, do you?

No opinion, no comment, no debate or discussion from you, just mindless pap.

Troll away, you may just last till the next scum accounts come out. You managed to discuss that in great detail...........hmmm.

He's another sad excuse for a player who has got fellow Bears excited coz of a minor improvement in his play.

Get the money in for him, Wes, windass and morelos.

Nae fuukin heart or fight in any of them.

Blows far too hot and cold for me, can look a world beater one week with great control and confidence on the ball like the 0-0 game at parkhead and can also play like a junior player as he did today. Has been unlucky though that he's never played in a Rangers team with good defenders around him or someone to cover his runs forward.

Blows far too hot and cold for me, can look a world beater one week with great control and confidence on the ball like the 0-0 game at parkhead and can also play like a junior player as he did today. Has been unlucky though that he's never played in a Rangers team with good defenders around him or someone to cover his runs forward.

...........................................and what does he do? He makes the runs forward anyway, leaving us exposed half the time. He takes these chances against teams which aren't good enough to punish it, and he gets away with it. Against a team which is not sitting in, like the scum today, he loses discipline, keeps doing it and gets ripped to shreds. Just hasn't got the brains for it.

Its taken a while but people are finally getting there.

I have always said we will never win the league with Tav. A defender that can't defend and will always cost us goals.

Oh but he's good going forward? If that's enough for you then I'm glad you're not our manager.

He's our best player? Big deal, we're shite.

Tavs never a captain in a million years,when he is on song great going forward,last two game's v's the scum it's like been playing a man down,defensively a knightmare and needs to challenged big time or replaced on form.

But no leadership qualities for me...we need a winner and leader as El Capitan,Tav don't bring that on the park.

But something stinks all right in that dressing room.

WATP

I'm a massive fan of Tav but he should never wear the armband again after that display, if we have a good enough offer in the summer he should be off. Utterly disgraceful performance from him today, he should be utterly ashamed.
Well I've never been a fan of his because his defending is woeful ,cost us a cup final and God knows how many important goals against us due to being reported missing in his position if we get an offer for the boy we should take and good luck to him decent enough lad but never the quality we need.

A rightback should first and foremost be able to defend, he can't and never will be able to.

I know they were all utter shite but a captain ? That boys never a captain in a million years ,shat his pants ,couldn’t find a player ,never dished out the bollockings ,never took responsibility ,never a leader .
Never a captain or right back. Lets hope SG has a decent right back in mind.

Scott Arfield maybe?

He's a good player but he dials in a shift far too easily.

I don't know him - not a body langauge expert etc but he has played numerous games now when we have been a shambles and he has never been seen.

He masks the fact that he can’t defend to save himself by chipping in with a few assists and goals.

Fundamentally though you can’t play at right back if you can’t tackle a fish supper.

One of the worst defensive full backs I’ve ever seen. No idea where he’s supposed to be positionally most the time he’s on the pitch.

The dog breeding is going really well though, every cloud eh.......

Really boils my piss that he uses his fame as a Gers player to punt his dogs.... And he's an average defender at best....

I’m afraid our much vaunted partnership of of Tavernier and Candeias were utterly owned by Tierney and McGregor. Let’s cut the crap, our 2 players are inferior to theirs, end of story. Only money or better coaching can change this.

Some people should step away from the keyboard (and drink) for the day. Tav is still easily the best right back in this league.
Take your own advice.
Defensively he is a liability.
Positional sense applling.
Gets caught wrongside of the attacker too much.
Gerard will punt him.

I prefer my FB's to be able to defend. I'd imagine the next manager will see it that way as well - a proper one will any way.

A captain who shirks challenges.

Some people should step away from the keyboard (and drink) for the day. Tav is still easily the best right back in this league.

He's not even a right back, a good right back can defend, Tav can't. Suggest you stay away from the booze.

He's another sad excuse for a player who has got fellow Bears excited coz of a minor improvement in his play.

Get the money in for him, Wes, windass and morelos.

Nae fuukin heart or fight in any of them.
Put one good cross in for Morelos, shat his pants for the other 89 mins.

He's not even a right back, a good right back can defend, Tav can't. Suggest you stay away from the booze.
You always appear on a Tav bashing thread,he is the best right back in this league,stats back that up,he had a horrendous day today as did the whole team and manager.

He’s a decent footballer but a shite defender with a soft centre , never a captain to be fair and hopefully a squad player next season or playing wide in a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2

I said he was a Championship right back at best months ago and got slaughtered for it. He is all over the place. The system has not suited him granted but he is caught out of position all the time. No way is he getting in Gerrard team and if Everton want to buy him then happy days sell him straight away.

Stats eh? Thank god for stats. Well the guy with the best stats got raped today, without any lube, absolutely raped. He got raped in the semi final, got raped in the final against Hibs and has cost us countless goals because he always loses his runner or gets caught out of position.
I don't bother with stats, I use my eyes to watch what is happening on the pitch. Tav can't defend and will never ever be the standard of right back we need to win the SPL. There's a reason we paid peanuts for him.

Has a few good touches, can't defend and is rather cowardly. He is a loser in the sporting sense. Bar maybe twice he has been posted missing in these games.

He'd never have played for me again after the Cup final anyway.

That was a truly shocking performance from him and not for the first time either v them. What a collective bunch of losers it has been my misfortune to have seen wear the famous jersey.

I’ve always been a fan of Tavernier but today really just showed the level we are at with him as captain. He really should be embarrassed with a performance like that but I’m pretty sure he isn’t. They’re a team of losers and he’s a culpable as any one of them.

Ah, the biggest turd in the sewage farm, ploy.

Maybe with a Bougherra behind him playing RB when he goes walkabout, then he may be usable, but he leaves us exposed far too often, and worse than that, it doesn't seem to bother him too much while sauntering back as if he is going to sign on.

Tav is Tav - gash.

The same ones that think he can play football, insisted that Wes was something other than bang average.

Some just take a little longer to see what is as clear as day.

He went Ross Perry today.

Only he didn’t walk off with a fake injury.

He was “at it” and it was bloody obvious.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out you imposter.

He will never do as a leader,sick of people saying he's good going forward,he's a fecking right back that can't defend,I watched the 2-3 game at Ibrox and when we were leading that d%%ck Brown was screaming at all the scum players to drive them on,Tav doesn't do this or isn't capable of it,

He masks the fact that he can’t defend to save himself by chipping in with a few assists and goals.

Fundamentally though you can’t play at right back if you can’t tackle a fish supper.

One of the worst defensive full backs I’ve ever seen. No idea where he’s supposed to be positionally most the time he’s on the pitch.

Funny that people always said Dani Alves and Marcelo can't defend...

Ah, the biggest turd in the sewage farm, ploy.

Maybe with a Bougherra behind him playing RB when he goes walkabout, then he may be usable, but he leaves us exposed far too often, and worse than that, it doesn't seem to bother him too much while sauntering back as if he is going to sign on.

Well since it's not the 80s anymore, full backs are expected to be attackers just as much as defenders. Kyle Walker actually said on Soccer AM his main job is to attack.

Now if we had players who knew how to play as defensive midfielders this wouldn't be an issue as the full backs would always have cover.

Really disappointing, I honestly thought we had a captain for the future.
He needs to go with the rest of them.

Funny that people always said Dani Alves and Marcelo can't defend...

Well since it's not the 80s anymore, full backs are expected to be attackers just as much as defenders. Kyle Walker actually said on Soccer AM his main job is to attack.

Now if we had players who knew how to play as defensive midfielders this wouldn't be an issue as the full backs would always have cover.

This is my point with Tav. We don't have the necessary players who are good enough to cover him. Surely he knows this, or if not he should be told in bloody quick time. The trouble is he carries on doing it, covered or not, regardless. He has to adjust his game against teams like the scum who don't sit in and do a bit of hard graft defending.
It's one thing bolting out of position willy nilly against the likes of Partick or Ross County, where they won't be able to exploit it. Quite another to do it against attacking teams who are not sitting in and who can exploit it.

At the moment he can't tell the difference and his decision making turns into an utter farce.

Today was what people who were saying “Tavernier having a great season” needed to see. Perhaps we can move on from that particular debate now.

He was a disgrace today and the fact he had the armband on made it all the worse

He is no captain and no defender. 9 - 0 in aggregate over two games with barely a whimper.

Could be reading too much into it, but when he players came over to the away support when the mhanks did the huddle, Tav seemed to make a ‘calm down’ gesture to the team. Doubt it had a massive impact but for me, they should have been in Celtics faces from the first whistle

Back