James Tavernier

the biggest thing in Tav's game right now is Candeias , Candeias does the work that no other wide player has done since Tav's been here and by god does it show

His crosses made the first 2 goals both very good quality asking to be put away and great that we had Pena knowing where to be, in general supported the attack well and defended well too although still have concerns about his defensive abilities against better teams.

Eo
Who has been better Mutley?
Would you not agree Mr Ryan Jack has been first class ?
Are you forgetting all the goals tav was to blame for last season ??
Look I'm not saying i don't like Tav . He has improved this season. But to say he's been the best player at the club since he signed . Forget it .

Eo

Would you not agree Mr Ryan Jack has been first class ?
Are you forgetting all the goals tav was to blame for last season ??
Look I'm not saying i don't like Tav . He has improved this season. But to say he's been the best player at the club since he signed . Forget it .

Ryan Jack signed in the summer. Tav signed in 2015. On his day he is our best player but I admit he is inconsistent.

Tav not good enough. Him, Wes and windass the last of the Warburton dead weight that needs to be shifted.

A higher calibre of player required to be brought in for those three.

There’s some folk that right dislike Tav eh?

It’s weird.

No doubt folk that no matter what evidence, facts & performances that they are presented with, will ignore more them to simply justify their original assessment of the player.

It's very hard not to love Tav. He is a great guy and has embraced our wonderful club. I still think he is too big a liability defensively, but is a Rolls Royce going forward as he showed last night. Candeias is making him a better defender with his work rate to cover him. A good partnership, but I still think we need him to progress further before we start throwing contracts extensions at him, but I will admit this, Tav is a learner. Each season he has improved himself, so just maybe he will make it all the way to the Champions League.

There’s some folk that right dislike Tav eh?

It’s weird.

No doubt folk that no matter what evidence, facts & performances that they are presented with, will ignore more them to simply justify their original assessment of the player.
Its not weird mate, its what happens on here.

No amounts of stats will change these posters mind.

2 quality crosses,2 quality goals.well done tavs ,keep it going,always a better delivery when not closed down brilliant guy wish you nothing but the best.w.a.t.p.

If he was as good at defending as he is going forward, he'd be worth an absolute fortune. I like him though and he has definitely improved his all round game over the last couple of seasons.

He's still a lousy defenseman,and a turnover machine,his crosses were teriffic yesterday
I must say,but Cadeias is the reason he's starting to look decent.

Back