Jamie Barjonas

In their brief appearances one has stood out the other hasn't.
This blows any and all the “mistreated” crap out of the water.
A complete and utter nonsense which, thankfully, has been almost completely dismissed by most not dewy eyed because Docherty is a bear.

Docherty had very similar stats to John McGinn in the SPFL before he signed for us.

Docherty went out on loan to Shrewsbury and was their player of the year.

Docherty was subject to (rumoured) 7 figure bids.

Docherty went to Hibs and the Hibs fans were desperate for him to go back.

Docherty played one for the Rangers first team last season. It was the 6-0 home win against St Joes, he got man of the match.

Barjonas has had 3 loan spells, none of which had the clubs wanting him back. The fans of Bury, Raith and Thistle didn’t think he was good enough for them.

I, personally, think Docherty has been given a rough ride under Gerrard. Others might disagree, that’s ok.

I think he could offer us some drive/goal threat from midfield. Again, others disagree, that’s ok.

The idea that Gerrard doesn’t fancy Docherty and we’ve just to accept it doesn’t wash with me. Gerrard has shown that he can have blind spots with players and can be very inflexible at times.
All the above might be true, but, what does it matter?
It’s what happens today, in the here and now, that is important.
Most of these stats will come from previous managers with different ideas of how they want their midfield to be playing.
The previous managers were looking at different qualities from their midfield players.
(As the might do in every other area.)
It just happens that the athleticism, that is Docherty’s forte, isn’t what Gerrard and the current management team have as a priority.
Docherty may well leave and have a great career with other clubs.
I hope, if he leaves, he does.
We just need to understand that he doesn’t fit in to our style of play and, more importantly on this one, isn’t good enough to build a style of play around.

Do you not think Docherty’s drive/goal scoring from midfield would come in handy for games where we’re struggling to break teams down?

As a player, Kamara is head and shoulders above Docherty on talent, but would Docherty offer us something different at home v the low block?

I hope Barjonas proves me wrong and becomes a mainstay in the Rangers team for years to come.
Do you think Docherty is the type of midfielder who can get ahead of the forward and finding that bit of space?
I think this is more what we need for this and I can’t remember seeing this in Greg’s game.

The hard on some have for Docherty is mental.

He has shown nothing so far other than having a good engine that he is good enough.

He wanted to stay and fight for his place and clearly did not show enough to the management team that he has it to be a player with us.

He has been treated no different than anyone else

Well said, it's bizarre the way people carry on over docherty on FF.

He is every bit a Hamilton player and done nothing to show he is good enough for Rangers.

I'm not going to have a go at Docherty as I like him and he is a bear but with McCrorie and Baron's both being included in the squad yesterday ahead of him it's clear that he is now behind Aribo, Kamara, Davis, Jack, Arfield, McCrorie and Barjonas in the midfield pecking order.

Plus we clearly want to sign another midfielder.

It's time to cut out loses with Docherty.

Re Barjonas, I think he can have a part to play for us. He is improving year on year.

Docherty just isn't good enough on the ball sadly. He's an incredible athlete, but I don't think he fits into our system of both keeping the ball but also playing at pace. If he ends up at another SPFL team he will probably look good in a team playing a more physical style, but I can't see a way he becomes a mainstay for us.

Barjonas looks like he has what it takes to at the least be a rotation option for the midfield, particularly with a question mark over how many games Davis should be playing this season. He's also bulked up over the last year or so which certainly does his chances no harm

Barjonas is rated far higher at Ibrox than Doc mate.

He's a better technical player in terms of passing, possession retention, shooting, positional sense, but Doc would be more athletic.

However, I'd be more athletic than Doc and you certainly wouldn't want me in your midfield!!!
There's a lot more to being a top midfielder than pure athleticism.

Barjonas is a couple of years younger too.

Always look at your posts with interest as you have some source that gives accurate information.

Do you think McCrorie is in the same boat as Doc? Or does he have a future? Personally I would like him to stay as feel he offers something a wee bit different but accept he may move on.

Always look at your posts with interest as you have some source that gives accurate information.

Do you think McCrorie is in the same boat as Doc? Or does he have a future? Personally I would like him to stay as feel he offers something a wee bit different but accept he may move on.

I get the odd snippet here or there mate, but no more than that.

I've no idea on Ross's current situation tbh.

Personally I like him, but there's no question he's a bit behind Kamara, Jack, Aribo, Arfield and Davis when it comes to technical ability.

There's no real games in Scotland we need to go with a player like McCrorie in the middle of the park, as we are always dominating possession, so his game time will be very limited imo.

Docherty had very similar stats to John McGinn in the SPFL before he signed for us.

Docherty went out on loan to Shrewsbury and was their player of the year.

Docherty was subject to (rumoured) 7 figure bids.

Docherty went to Hibs and the Hibs fans were desperate for him to go back.

Docherty played one for the Rangers first team last season. It was the 6-0 home win against St Joes, he got man of the match.

Barjonas has had 3 loan spells, none of which had the clubs wanting him back. The fans of Bury, Raith and Thistle didn’t think he was good enough for them.

I, personally, think Docherty has been given a rough ride under Gerrard. Others might disagree, that’s ok.

I think he could offer us some drive/goal threat from midfield. Again, others disagree, that’s ok.

The idea that Gerrard doesn’t fancy Docherty and we’ve just to accept it doesn’t wash with me. Gerrard has shown that he can have blind spots with players and can be very inflexible at times.

Comparing him to McGinn is laughable. Docherty looked out of place playing in a friendly game against a team from Uzbekistan. He is not even close to being at the level we need.

People claim he was the best player at Shrewsbury. Well he started several games on the bench which means that’s probably not the case and it’s Shrewsbury ffs.

Greg Docherty is better than Jamie Barjonas.

Whether either are good enough to play for Rangers? I don’t know.

But the treatment of Docherty has been very poor imo.
We can't afford to be sentimental, if Docherty was good enough he'd be getting played. Barjonas looks a far more composed player and has far more in his locker from what I've seen. Quite confident he has a future with us and will be adequate cover

I get the odd snippet here or there mate, but no more than that.

I've no idea on Ross's current situation tbh.

Personally I like him, but there's no question he's a bit behind Kamara, Jack, Aribo, Arfield and Davis when it comes to technical ability.

There's no real games in Scotland we need to go with a player like McCrorie in the middle of the park, as we are always dominating possession, so his game time will be very limited imo.

Ah right, I always had the impression you got a lot of info. I've read with keen interest your updates about Stewart's running stats for example or your insights into the Doc situation.

I totally agree he lacks the technical ability of the players mentioned but I do feel sometimes in away matches at places like Pitrodrie and Easter Road we sometimes could be knocked off our stride by their physicality and that Ross gives us a strength and power in the midfield we dont have.

Met him and Robbie at the airport a few years ago and you could not meet 2 more humble well mannered young players.

I dont think Ross has a huge value for resale just now so my preference would be he stayed as backup in midfield/right back.

We can't afford to be sentimental, if Docherty was good enough he'd be getting played. Barjonas looks a far more composed player and has far more in his locker from what I've seen. Quite confident he has a future with us and will be adequate cover

Are we talking about same Barjonas , that couldn’t get a game out on loan .

Best Docherty goes down to someone like say Norwich in the championship and reinvent himself for the sake of his career. Its not going to work here. Both parties need to realise this for what's best in both parties Jamie I believe will be in squad and brought on in games when we are maybe 2-3 up along with Patterson both will get sufficient game time in my opinion

The real question we should be asking is if McRorie, Barjonas aren‘t good enough at 21 years old then why do we give them new contracts?

if Docherty, Jones, Barker, Stewart, Middleton aren’t good enough why why don’t we just sell them ASAP.

I assume the contracts are give for two reasons ,first to see if they develop further and if they don't ,as we have them under contract we can sell them for a few. I expect most of them will be sold ,maybe with the exception of Stewart and Barker who seems back in favour.

The real question we should be asking is if McRorie, Barjonas aren‘t good enough at 21 years old then why do we give them new contracts?

if Docherty, Jones, Barker, Stewart, Middleton aren’t good enough why why don’t we just sell them ASAP.

As said above, for the club to be eligible for a development fee they have to offer a contract better than the one that's expiring to the player under 23.

I think with both Hardie and Barjonas in recent seasons we've offered the contract mainly for that reason. They've accepted rather than moved on at that point.

It'll be interesting to see if that sort of thing continues with players just outside of first team squad contention. It may be that Ross Wilson prefers a different approach, like we saw with Zak Rudden.

Think it is rash to write all of them off at this stage. Docherty doesn't have the passing ability to play for us. He didn't kick on from Hamilton in the way everyone hoped. Jones has the ability but appears not the mental strength and attitude to meet the demands of our club. Barker just isn't good enough. Stewart has a role to play, has played well in the games he has had. He is a squad option that we should retain for now, Middleton needs a loan where he plays regular football before we make a judgement. Ross McCrorie is the same he needs a season where he plays 30 games then we see what happens.

The difference between good enough and not is not massive. We have to give youngsters a better chance, Patterson this season needs 15 games minimum if we are to develop him, he needs to play cup games and some SPL games. Same with Mayo and the other lads on the cusp of the 1st team. Gerrard is too slow to make changes to the team, Saturday was another example of that, we should have used the subs when it was obvious we had some players tiring.

Barjonas is over in Germany with the squad, put it on his Instagram story. Pretty sure he doesn’t need to be registered because he was u21 when squads were confirmed

Back