Jamie Greene-Shadow Justice Minister-Is he your MSP?

My email:

Good evening Mr Greene,

I am emailing to request a response from you in relation to the various examples of hateful, anti Monarchist chanting heard from various Scottish football team supporters over the last week.

As a member of the Conservative and Unionist Party, I would hope that you share my views that said conduct( irrespective of allegiance), is wholly unacceptable.

Will you highlight said conduct to the First Minister and Justice Minister and seek to elicit a response as to how their party will deal with such matters?

Will you be making a formal request to Police Scotland to investigate said conduct, and be appraised of the outcome?

How do you feel personally about such examples of disrespect?

I look forward to your response.

Yours,
Hi Mate,

I am going to send him this,

Dear Mr. Greene,
I write to you not as a member of your constituency but as a disgusted citizen of our country. Since the news broke of the sad passing of our beloved Queen, Scotland as a country has behaved with impeccable dignity and respect to the grieving Royal Family and to loyalty and service the Queen has given the country and Commonwealth. It was therefore frankly disgusting to read reports within the media and to be able to view videos on social media of Dundee Utd fans at Ibrox Stadium on Saturday 17 September 2022 not only showing the utmost disrespect by failing to observe the minutes silence observed by all others within the stadium but, these football supporters also sung disgusting songs that were not only grossly offensive but, that could have caused public disorder within the stadium.

Such reprehensible behaviour cannot go unpunished and I, therefore, must question when Police Scotland will be opening investigations in to, not only the public order behaviour of Dundee United fans but, also the similar behaviour displayed at Glasgow Celtic’s match against St Mirren FC on Sunday 18th September 2022. The behaviour of the Glasgow Celtic support was so appalling that Sky Sports had to lower the tone of sound and the commentators had to apologise for the offensive songs sung about the death of the Queen by Celtic supporters.

The Scottish Legal system in built on the principle of Legal egalitarianism thus, there should be fairness before the eyes of the Law. I therefore urge you as Shadow Justice Minister to write to Police Scotland to ask them to open investigations into all incidents connected to all these reprehensible acts of offensive behaviour and for you to ask the First Minister to condemn Dundee United supporters and Glasgow Celtic fans for their behaviour.We in Scotland are meant to have a legal system that is built the principle of

I would also finish by questioning that that if no investigations are open with regard said offensive behaviour, then this would be a sad day for Scots Law. It would be then clear that certain groups within Scottish society are viewed as being above the Law and free to sing Offensive songs that could have led to public disorder whilst other citizens of this country have been arrested for similar behaviour within the perimeter of Football.

Yours Sincerely

Last edited:
I probably hold a juvenile view of all our MSP’s but, I think the majority are lazy and just do enough to get by
Whilst that is probably correct, this has been a massive PR disaster and one that can open a door fora frank debate and testing of the waters on the legal system in this country and the two tiered system it appears to be.

He is duty bound to answer constituents - asking him clearly about the reason why his noted lack of action has happened and how he intends to redress it would be my course of action.

Kill them with the sword they fight with
All non-essential political activity has been suspended due to the national period of mourning.

Also, the incident happened at 12 noon yesterday, you posted this at 2136 last night. Holyrood generally isn't in session on a Sunday anyway. If I were him, my response would be a picture of my Sunday dinner with my family as an explanation of why the lack of action has happened.

I am not sure what the police can do about it really. It’s certainly disrespectful but I think you would struggle to argue sectarian. Yes the Queen was the head of the Protestant church but plenty normal* folk have no time for the Royal Family and they are not all sectarian.

*By normal I mean not scummy Celtic fans.
They could prevent the offensive banners being brought in.

He’s mine, but I haven’t thought of looking at his response/lack of. I will now. He’s headquartered in Ardrossan.
Ardrossan you say?

58-AF6-DFA-99-ED-4193-9-EB0-632-B939-DE34-C.jpg

It's scum behaviour which is almost exclusively associated with Celtic FC and their fans. Behaviour that was expected by everyone so why were they allowed in with their vile banners, why were they allowed to unfurl vile banners and why were these vile banners not taken from them by police Scotland. Maybe because police Scotland senior police officers agree with their vile opinions.

Cops launch probe after Rangers fans allegedly threw bottles following Dundee United 'Lizzie's in a box' chant at Ibrox​

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news...lowing-dundee-united-lizzies-box-chant-Ibrox/

his is why it is so important for us ALL to take sometime to email the shadow Justice Minister and if not him, email/contact your own MSP. This is frankly bloody outrageous if this story is true.

I am not sure what the police can do about it really. It’s certainly disrespectful but I think you would struggle to argue sectarian. Yes the Queen was the head of the Protestant church but plenty normal* folk have no time for the Royal Family and they are not all sectarian.

*By normal I mean not scummy Celtic fans.
Their behaviour is a sectarian breach of the peace

Six Hearts fans were charged with this for jeering the minute’s silence for the Pope

I fail to see what’s different in these two situations

One can’t be sectarian and one can

I just wonder is Shadow Justice Minister Jamie Greene any poster on the this forum's MSP? I ask this because I am struggling to recall him ever getting on his feet to condemn the actions of Celtic FC fans and the Inability of Police Scotland to actually do their jobs. This weekend Dundee Utd, Hibs and Aberdeen fans sang sick , disgusting songs about the passing of the Queen and today, we saw the predictable banner from the Tramps with their support, also singing abusive and offensive songs about the Queen's passing.

I am wondering why the Shadow Justice Minister has not been on Social media to condemn them all and to ask questions of Police Scotland with regards to the offensive behaviour on show to all both yesterday and today. It would be good if he was someone's MSP so, they could ask him to question the Justice Minister and FM, to demand that Police Scotland open investigations in to all incidents.

To be fair to Jamie, all Scottish Conservative MSPs have been in a self imposed purdah due to the mourning period for Her Majesty.

Their behaviour is a sectarian breach of the peace

Six Hearts fans were charged with this for jeering the minute’s silence for the Pope

I fail to see what’s different in these two situations

One can’t be sectarian and one can
I think the difference is that there was a lot of them singing it yesterday and the police aren’t going to wade in and arrest hundreds of them just like they don’t at Ibrox when the Union Bears for example sing f the pope. It would cause chaos trying to arrest that many at the time. That was my initial point which appears to have been taken out of context.

I think the difference is that there was a lot of them singing it yesterday and the police aren’t going to wade in and arrest hundreds of them just like they don’t at Ibrox when the Union Bears for example sing f the pope. It would cause chaos trying to arrest that many at the time. That was my initial point which appears to have been taken out of context.

They have said they are opening an investigation in the behaviour of Utd fans on Saturday. It clearly could have caused public disorder and if they have indeed said bottles had been thrown by Rangers fans then , clearly their singing was so offensive that it was indeed a B.O.P offence by Utd fans!

Last edited:
I never emailed Jamie Greene, but after the two replies I received from Conservative MSPs on another matter, I decided to go straight to Douglas Ross.

Basically I asked him to condemn, in both Parliaments, the actions of fans of all the Scottish Clubs that showed such hatred towards the Queen?

I also asked that he ask questions of both the St Boo security and the Police as to how a large banner with more bile on it got into the stadium?

Below is his response.

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Her Majesty The Queen was a national treasure who represented the vey best of our United Kingdom throughout her entire life and her loss will be felt dealy across Scotland, the United Kingdom and around the World.

Please be assured that I take the matter you have raised in your email seriously, understand the concerns you have raised and have noted the points you have made.

Thank you again for contacting me.
Kind regards,
Douglas

I never emailed Jamie Greene, but after the two replies I received from Conservative MSPs on another matter, I decided to go straight to Douglas Ross.

Basically I asked him to condemn, in both Parliaments, the actions of fans of all the Scottish Clubs that showed such hatred towards the Queen?

I also asked that he ask questions of both the St Boo security and the Police as to how a large banner with more bile on it got into the stadium?

Below is his response.

Dear xxxxxxx

Her Majesty The Queen was a national treasure who represented the vey best of our United Kingdom throughout her entire life and her loss will be felt dealy across Scotland, the United Kingdom and around the World.

Please be assured that I take the matter you have raised in your email seriously, understand the concerns you have raised and have noted the points you have made.

Kind regards,
Douglas
Well done mate. I am waiting on my reply back from Greene.

Below is his response.

Dear xxxxxxx

Kind regards,
Douglas
Actions speak louder than words Douglas. In otherwords, it would have meant a lot more for you to state that you'll be raising the matter formally.
Grow a backbone FFS, otherwise the SNP will continue to regularly make a complete arse out of you.

I emailed Murdo Fraser and so have a lot of people I know so hopefully he is the rignt person to address this. My aunt and I have both sent lengthy emails and I believe he has already responded to my aunt however, I forgot to include my home address and the reply email states quite clearly that only emails including all address details will receive an official response. I am based in Germany so didnt think of including my address! Any way, the more people that write, the better.

I emailed Murdo Fraser and so have a lot of people I know so hopefully he is the rignt person to address this. My aunt and I have both sent lengthy emails and I believe he has already responded to my aunt however, I forgot to include my home address and the reply email states quite clearly that only emails including all address details will receive an official response. I am based in Germany so didnt think of including my address! Any way, the more people that write, the better.
Totally correct mate and well done to you for making an effort.

Me too. Outrageous that he’s not even send a “holding” response even, buying himself time to take action.
He for me is a disgrace of a shadow justice minister and not just for the fact he has not answered our mails with any response. I am also going to to email him about his non response and about the sectarian " Hun" term and why the justice system fails to recognise it in the same way as it does the Fe-nian term.

He for me is a disgrace of a shadow justice minister and not just for the fact he has not answered our mails with any response. I am also going to to email him about his non response and about the sectarian " Hun" term and why the justice system fails to recognise it in the same way as it does the Fe-nian term.
He is a list MSP and he is not going to "lose" his seat because he is No 2 in the West list of Tories. A wee bit like Murdo who also has never been elected maybe 10 to 12 times he has been beaten But he is high up in the list Mid Scotland and Fife list so he will never "Lose" his seat--- Never trust a Tory

He is a list MSP and he is not going to "lose" his seat because he is No 2 in the West list of Tories. A wee bit like Murdo who also has never been elected maybe 10 to 12 times he has been beaten But he is high up in the list Mid Scotland and Fife list so he will never "Lose" his seat--- Never trust a Tory
Did I say he was going to lose his seat? You don't need to explain to me what he is mate, I know what Type of MSP he is. I was saying I think he is a rank rotten shadow Justice Minister.

Did I say he was going to lose his seat? You don't need to explain to me what he is mate, I know what Type of MSP he is. I was saying I think he is a rank rotten shadow Justice Minister.
I meant he has nothing to lose thats what i was meaning

Local paper .
Wonder if he’s had a lot of emails?
I have been having a look at his twitter account and he has said some lovely words about the Queen but, these words then become hollow when he doesn't act or open his mouth on those (Dundee Utd) that not behaved in an offensive manner towards the Queen's passing but who also used sectarian language also towards her.

I have been having a look at his twitter account and he has said some lovely words about the Queen but, these words then become hollow when he doesn't act or open his mouth on those (Dundee Utd) that not behaved in an offensive manner towards the Queen's passing but who also used sectarian language also towards her.

Agreed. There was no doubt he would be as affectionate towards the Queen as all of us on here, but dare I say, that’s the easy part. Taking action and raising the issue in regards to the knuckledraggers, is what we need and want. He’s blotted his copy book by not even responding imo.

Agreed. There was no doubt he would be as affectionate towards the Queen as all of us on here, but dare I say, that’s the easy part. Taking action and raising the issue in regards to the knuckledraggers, is what we need and want. He’s blotted his copy book by not even responding imo.
Totally agree with you, I am tempted to say something to him on Twitter. He will get a few more days and then if not even a generic reply, then I will say something

That’s never stopped James Dornan
Because whether we like it or not. The scum are far more pro active than us. Much of our support would shrug their shoulders at the anti Protestant sectarian antics of him and do noting to try and boot/vote him out of office.

Because whether we like it or not. The scum are far more pro active than us. Much of our support would shrug their shoulders at the anti Protestant sectarian antics of him and do noting to try and boot/vote him out of office.
You can get all the contact details for the shadow Justice Minister in the OP if you also want to contact him.

I wish I could be as politically savvy as you.

Back