Jamie Langfield saying rangers came in for him

uneasydaz

He was on the football daft podcast last week and said when he was at Aberdeen rangers came in for him to go as a back up keeper but Jimmy Calderwood rejected the offer

Did he not have a regular habit of conceding 7 against the bheasts?
I think that is every Aberdeen GK since Sir Alex went to Man Utd. However, are you not thinking of David Preece?
Langfirld had a decent season or 2 at Aberdeen and we did move for him. This isn't the first time this has come up. Good decision for us that JC knocked it back though :))

I think that is every Aberdeen GK since Sir Alex went to Man Utd. However, are you not thinking of David Preece?
Langfirld had a decent season or 2 at Aberdeen and we did move for him. This isn't the first time this has come up. Good decision for us that JC knocked it back though :))
He said he was in goals the day celtic won 9-0 he chucked his gloves in the bin in the changing room then on the bus home Mark Mcghee came up to him with the gloves and asked for him to sign them he said it's the only time he has told a manager to f*ck off

He gets a 9/10 every time I play against him on champ manager 03/04. That would have had me thinking it was a good signing as a kid, just as I thought Moses Ashokodi was gonna set new records :oops:

Isn’t that what led to him having a falling out with Calderwood? If memory serves it was somewhere abroad too.
Nah he covered it on the pod that it was due to his stag doo. He was steaming and pissed himself Calderwood saw him and 2 of Calderwoods mates took him back to his hotel he had no recollection of it.

It was a really good listen.

Jamie Langfield follows Celtic on Instagram, but not Rangers. Just thought I’d add this to the mix.

He grew up round the corner from me in Shortroods and went to Merksworth. I don't remember him being a particular fan of any team as a youngster - maybe nominal St Mirren fan. But I suppose that might have changed.
He said in Q&A years ago that St Mirren was his team growing up.

He gets a 9/10 every time I play against him on champ manager 03/04. That would have had me thinking it was a good signing as a kid, just as I thought Moses Ashokodi was gonna set new records :oops:
I just checked his Wikipedia hes had more transfers than years hes been on this planet and hes still playing :)) :)) :))

Preece was 9-0 I think!

A guy I grew up with, was member of the GB till a few months ago and genuinely appears to be masquerading as a Rangers fan.

He went up to Ibrox to celebrate at the weekend and was seemingly told to bolt, in no uncertain terms.

I presume that’s what TW means.
I dunno the full story, just saw the social media posts of the cnut in Celtic gear in one photo and celebrating with our fans in another photo at the weekend

Last edited:
Back