Jamie Murphy starting v Hibs in development game

Not going well this - whats the hibs kids team like?

Not yet seen anything even in a game like this from Eros...

If there was ever a player in recent times that I wanted to succeed, it's Jamie Murphy. I don't know him personally but he seems like a genuine, nice, down to earth bloke who is living the dream.

We were robbed of him last season. The first few games he was excellent.

Murphy subbed with a view for Saturday, injured or just lack of fitness i wonder.

I presume the latter. Think he will need to start hitting 90 minutes in the youths before getting near the first team

Looks like they are having a penalty shoot-out, even though its a friendly.

4-4 last tweet I saw.

Lost 5-4 after NYC penalty was saved.

Boy needs to visit a barber and concentrate on his career more. Shouldn’t be missing penalties to second string goalkeepers ever.

Boy needs to visit a barber and concentrate on his career more. Shouldn’t be missing penalties to second string goalkeepers ever.

He scored the 88th minute penalty that brought us back into the game and made it 1-2. Barjonas scored a header in the last minute to make it 2-2.

I assume your 'sarcastic' smiley disappeared - as is prone to happen after last weeks forum update.

Last edited:
Ok.

How does one become notified of these matches and acquire tickets for the fighting fund stand ?

JAMIE MURPHY played 45 minutes this afternoon as a Rangers development squad came back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Hibs.

Murphy hasn't featured for the first-team in competitive action since suffering a serious knee injury last August at Kilmarnock.

The winger made his Ibrox comeback during a pre-season friendly against Marseille in July.

And he was back in action today at the Hummel Training Centre before being replaced at half time by Serge Atakayi.

Josh Doig and Jamie Gullan fired the away side into a two-goal lead.

The Hibees looked like they were cruising to an easy victory with just minutes remaining.

But Nathan Young-Coombes gave his side a glimpse of hope as he scored from the spot in the 87th minute.

And Jamie Barjonas grabbed an equaliser as he headed home in the 90th minute.

Gers' reserve boss Graeme Murty revealed Murphy asked to play in the match.

He said: "Jamie actually asked to play, so for him to want to come and play in this group I think shows that he trusts this group.

“He knows that we are going to give him the ball and he knows that we can handle the ball and we can actually serve as a vehicle for him to get to where he wants to be.

“Having Eros with us as we have done, he is a full international, the guy's got electric feet and an understanding of the broader game that our guys sometimes don’t have so for us to learn of them is really good.

“Our guys are in charge of their own careers and they have to drive their own careers now and having those guys along will give them guidelines and steps on how they are going to make improvements but ultimately they need to own it and push forward with their own development.

Murphy has remained at Gers until at least January despite Steven Gerrard claiming he could be sent on loan as he was FOUR MONTHS away from a top team return.

Speaking last month, Gerrard said: “Murph is a unique situation. He’s missed a year’s football.

“He’s doing everything he can to get back to the level he was before. We need to help him find the best solution.

“It’s not going to happen overnight. I predict it could take four months.

“I think a loan is one thing on the agenda.

“He needs as much football as he can, and at a decent level, to get back to where he was.”

I was at the game, sadly Jamie Murphy looked way off the pace and a million miles away from first team football. Grezda to be fair in him put in a shift.

Tough game against a physical Hibs side, NYC battled away and got his rewards late on, however he is nowhere near ready for anymore than Development team football. I was impressed by our right back Zak Butterworth

I was at the game, sadly Jamie Murphy looked way off the pace and a million miles away from first team football. Grezda to be fair in him put in a shift.

Tough game against a physical Hibs side, NYC battled away and got his rewards late on, however he is nowhere near ready for anymore than Development team football. I was impressed by our right back Zak Butterworth

How did you get ticket ?

With O'Connor and Patterson we seem to have a fair few good full backs coming through.

Back