Jamie Murphy starting v Hibs in development game

Grezda had electric feet ..... mmmm we must have had the power cut off for not paying the bills. Admin 238 is coming

Said it a while ago, I’ll be shocked if Murphy makes anymore than a couple of matchday squads this season

His days are numbered and I suspect he’ll be off in January. He’s just not good enough

I saw the headline on that HITC bullshit saying that he asked to be dropped. So I clicked on it and lo and behold it was the opposite and he asked to play when he didn't have to. Scumbags.

I was at the game, sadly Jamie Murphy looked way off the pace and a million miles away from first team football. Grezda to be fair in him put in a shift.

Tough game against a physical Hibs side, NYC battled away and got his rewards late on, however he is nowhere near ready for anymore than Development team football. I was impressed by our right back Zak Butterworth

Is there parking at the HTC for bears who turn up for these games?

I’m finding the Murphy fitness situation a little bizarre. He was fit again to rejoin training before the end of the season. He then worked all summer and also was part of pre season. Then in July Gerrard said he was another 4 months away from being game ready. You are talking over a year recovery for him from an ACL which in this day and age seems extreme.

I suspect Murphy has come back and is looking miles off of everyone. He might not be done but the simple fact is our squad has moved on in terms of pace and physique since last August. Even Murphy pre injury would be struggling to dislodge Kent, Ojo, Jones or Arfield. Jamie Murphy is decent but he’s no more than back up now.

How?

He’s fighting it out with Jones to be backup to Kent.

He’s barely featured in a matchday squad and that was before Kent arrived therefore my conclusion is he’ll be off soon
Read the article in the op. Direct quotes from the Gaffer saying he'll need 4 months before he's up to speed. That doesn't mean 'He's just not good enough'.

How?

He’s fighting it out with Jones to be backup to Kent.

He’s barely featured in a matchday squad and that was before Kent arrived therefore my conclusion is he’ll be off soon
Therefore it's not that he isnt good enough you just think competition is so high and his fitness is off and so he wont feature? You see the massive difference there?

Gutter if that’s Murphy effectively done for us through injury. Losing him and Dorrans in the last short period is massively unlucky, two top players when fully fit

Back