Jamie Murphy will never give up on Ibrox trophy dream

I'd have him here for another 12 months if he's fit. A better option than Ojo and Barker all day long.

Just get him on a pay as you play, one year deal.

He’s keen to prove a point. We’d be a lot better off than the shite we have there just now.

He started off really well under Gerrard.

I can’t see him playing for us again. I’ve said it before on here that I can’t understand why he wasn’t viewed as a better option to Barker.

I'd like to see Jamie back at Rangers and given a chance. Sadly for him I don't think it's going to happen. Bordering on a disgrace the players we ended up with as options over Jamie Murphy.

i honestly can't see him having any future with us, as much as i like him as a player.

Nice guy but an average footballer, i think if we get new investment, the quality of the player we buy will be superior to some of the players weve got just now.
I think things will change big time, once things have settled down.This will have given S.G.and his staff, plenty of thinking time, in regards to making things better within the squad.

One of the issues we had in February was the lack of options from the bench and in the squad to replace those who were off form. There is no way that a fit Murphy isn’t a good squad option when the alternatives are the likes of Barker or Ojo, or even Jones and Stewart. It’s common sense to keep him as we don’t have better.

Nice guy but an average footballer, i think if we get new investment, the quality of the player we buy will be superior to some of the players weve got just now.
I think things will change big time, once things have settled down.This will have given S.G.and his staff, plenty of thinking time, in regards to making things better within the squad.

Prior to his injury he averaged either a goal or an assist pretty much every 90 mins, I wouldn’t call that average. I’d guess it’s significantly better than any of the guys we’ve had in that position this season.

Give me him over barker any day of the week, I still can't get my head around why he was sent out on loan given the options we have!

Yep makes me raging, Brandon fucking Barker man. Would have Murphy I’ve thin any day of the week, pre injury Murphy I would have instead of most of our attacking options tbh.

Murphy shouldn't have been loaned out.

Theres no way hes any worse than what he left behind.

He offers a goal from nothing which is what we lack at times.

Would give him another year. Before his injuries he was a great player and scored some goals. Hearts at home being a good example. Good option for the left rather than Barker.

Murphy shouldn't have been loaned out.

Theres no way hes any worse than what he left behind.

He offers a goal from nothing which is what we lack at times.
Murphy literally says it was the right thing to go on loan! And backs it up by saying it would take him 4/5 games underperforming to get up to scratch and that the scenario of not performing at the required level is unacceptable. But yeah we had bad form and he scored 7 goals in a piss poor 3rd Division...

I am still hopeful he gets an extension and the time down south will do him good.

This

He was an important player for us pre injury, hopefully his time down south will have built up his fitness and he's back at Ibrox ready for the new season whenever that is

Back