Jamie Murphy

Blue Seafarer

I know he didn't score or assist today but this lads work ethic and willingness to get forward is excellent.

Every time we got in a dangerous area he was bursting a gut to get into the box and contrastly every time they looked dangerous down our left he was there covering.

What an engine on the boy!

No Surrender

thought he looked good and dangerous today. I thought he had been fairly quiet against aberdeen. Andy walker seemed to think the exact opposite :D

Yeah he was excellent all match, brilliant work ethic.

Fair few times he made superb runs into the box only to not be found as well.

He looks the pick of the three from the new guys who have started so far. Maybe a tad disappointed today he didn't beat a man more often but plenty of time for that....

Superb at covering back. I think it's great we have two players on both flanks with similar work ethic. Really helps our wing backs bombing forward.

He was brilliant at fighting for the team today. Once he hits his stride attack wise he will be even more invaluable.

Thought the best bit of his game today was his willingness to cover back , superb. Hopefully the partnership on the left will become as productive as the right with game time.

two solid performances from Jamie I feel this is just the start for him and we will see more and more as time passes

He was fantastic at covering left back when John was nowhere near it. Cracking signing so far!

To be honest I thought he was pretty average against Aberdeen but today as you point out all his best work was covering for John. I am all for the full backs bombing on but I think today was another example of John's defensive frailties. A left footed MO'H, pace to burn but too often runs into someone or out of turf.

I felt he played against Aberdeen a wee bit like I would - absolutely starstruck with myself at playing for Rangers at Ibrox!

Second game in, much better - much stronger and consistent across the piece.

One thing I would say though, he hasn't played much in the last 6 months so it'll take him some time to get up to match sharpness. He's only going to get better and better, same with Cummings.

Looks like he is going to be very similar work style and work ethic to Candeias, which is no bad thing at all. Left side of the 3 has been a bit of a problem to us but think he will do well for us there with assists and goals.

Murphy looks like a quality player. Intelligent off the ball, defends when needed. We are getting there.

People were crying out for a duplicate of Daniel on the left. Looks like we got it!

He looks lightning fast, which I hadn't realised!

He'll have bad games, but with his work ethic he'll always be adding something to the game!

Think in both games he's been very good.

Not a flair player, but really positive, intelligent and reliable. Can tell he's just a good footballer.

Exactly the kind of player you want, particularly at this level, particularly when you're going up to a shiter of a pitch with the rain blowing sideways against hammer throwers.

All our new signings have not played a lot of football in a while, when they all get match fit they will kick on again

Very good defensively today, didn't achieve much in attack. But given how little he's played recently I'm sure there's more to come from him attacking wise.

He worked his arse off for 90 mins again and he is still not 100% match for. I would start Murphy, Halliday, Goss, Martin & Cummings on Wednesday give them all another 90 mins. The team is gelling nicely

The way he takes the ball in is excellent we know the ball will stick with him and expect him to get better and better as his match fitness gets better.

He put in a helluva shift today and will be the stand out of our January signings.

Which is hardly surprising given he comes to us from a far higher and more intense level than the other guys who have come in.

He was brilliant at fighting for the team today. Once he hits his stride attack wise he will be even more invaluable.

We must remember that most of our new signings were not playing regular football before they arrived.
So i think with more games under their belts, well reap the benefits in the 2nd half of the season.

He puts in a real shift which is good. His attacking play needs to sharpen up but given how long he has been out the picture at Brighton then that’s understandable, he will get better the more he plays.

I said earlier today that it looks like he will bring great balance to the team.
Tav and Candieas
John and Murphy

With Jack and McCrorie and Goss the boss in the central triangle.

Makes for much excitement.

He was actually caught twice in the first half with balls inside him to the overlapping full back, one of which was very dangerous.

The second half he was excellent defensively and I have no doubt when he will get better and better as his fitness kicks in.

He worked really hard and covered John really effectively just like Daniel does for Tav.
Murphy didn’t have much joy offensively himself but I thought John looked as dangerous as he has for some time bombing forward which was down to Jamie having his back.
I think they can become as effective as The DC\JT partnership given time.

I would like to see him go down the outside now and again but that will come with confidence. He's not played 1st team football in a while and it will take him a few games to get upto full speed. Once he does we will have the player I knew he was.

Great signing...

Back