Jamie Murphy

I thought he was perhaps a second or a yard off in the first half, but improved as the game wore on.
I also think he is still finding his match fitness/sharpness.
However, he is prepared to graft, and I suspect there is a lot more to come.
A player who is proud to have that shirt on his back and wants to do his best for the club.
I really cannot see it going wrong.

He worked his arse off for 90 mins again and he is still not 100% match for. I would start Murphy, Halliday, Goss, Martin & Cummings on Wednesday give them all another 90 mins. The team is gelling nicely

Sorry but Halliday is a no for me
All the rest I agree with and would stick in Docherty from the start too

I thought he was perhaps a second or a yard off in the first half, but improved as the game wore on.
I also think he is still finding his match fitness/sharpness.
However, he is prepared to graft, and I suspect there is a lot more to come.
A player who is proud to have that shirt on his back and wants to do his best for the club.
I really cannot see it going wrong.
I think it's all about him getting up to speed. Not been playing regularly. He's going to be a great player for us.

He was unbelievable at tracking back and working hard for the team and what a power of work he gets through. Creatively he will get better, he gets into some good shooting positions and that will come with game time. Great signing so far and he is exactly what the team needed on the left. I think him and John will get better together with time.

thought he looked good and dangerous today. I thought he had been fairly quiet against aberdeen. Andy walker seemed to think the exact opposite :D
He was good against the sheep and stopped Logan from being a threat. Can easily see that he has played at higher level than the SPL and will be a cracking signing for us.

It's worth noting that he's hardly kicked a ball all season. A lot of rustiness to shake off but that will come in time.

His workrate will be invaluable in old firm matches.

I think, alongside goss, Martin and cummings, Murphy will need at least half a dozen games to get properly match fit before we see the absolute best of him/them. All 4 aren't even close to 100% sharpness yet and they have still all had a significant impact already which is very pleasing.

Goss has been excellent on the ball and controlled the tempo for us (tired 2nd half today), martin looks like he has been at rangers for years already and cummings is amongst the goals in less than 45mins playing time. Murphy has worked his socks off without producing much offensively so far tbf, but that will come with time. Remember, they've only played about 6 first team games between them so far this season.

I'm genuinely excited for the first time in years about how good this team could be once everyone is fit and playing at their peak. We aren't as far off them as the media and other supporters/pundits like to think we are quality wise.

This thread worries me no offense to original poster. Imo Murphy is one of those 7/10 Lee types that win u championships.
Evenin
This thread worries me no offense to original poster. Imo Murphy is one of those 7/10 Lee types that win u championships.
'Evening Times' Man of the match.....just saying

So would I. That said we did not fork out for JC and Doc not to have them starting games. Suppose it's a good problem but good young players don't like being benched.

100% agree.

We are aiming for the title though and that requires discipline and hardwork, hopefully they respect that, as well as want to be a part of it no matter the cost.

He was very good going in both directions, unlucky not to score with header.
Should be one of the first names on team sheet.

Live,I thought he was OK.watched the whole game again last night,and thought,
Wow he really is pretty damn good.

He was fantastic at covering left back when John was nowhere near it. Cracking signing so far!

You beat me to that.

That is exactly what I was coming on to mention. He and Candeias are fantastic at getting back to cover the wing backs if need be.

Tremendous engines in both of them.

He’s prepared to subvert the instinct to go for glory for the benefit of the team unlike Tav on occasion ( though Tav is justifiably beyond criticism recently) . As I mentioned on another thread I think Murphy and John more or less ‘share’ a position albeit one is further forward - much in the same way Tav and Candieas do. It could be argued that so effective are we in attack with this system and the width it gives us, that it’s worth the odd defensive blip that arises from time to time.This system helps to share the workload in possibly the most physically demanding position to play, and gives great flexibility with the added bonus of confusing defenders.

I must admit after watching his first two games I have been less than impressed. Going to need to watch the county game back again to see this defensive work folk are raving about. TBF I was expecting an attacking winger on the left and going forward did not think he was that good other than a few glimpses here and there.

Not having a go at the lad just don't think he is anywhere near the level of Candeias yet, who for me has been our best player in the last two games, and a good shout for POTY so far.

Murphy put in a great shift against Ross County and you could see he was itching to score too.
He's got a super work ethic and looks like he'll be a fine addition to our squad.

I think posters need to remember he is not match fit yet will improve further. Have to say I thought his work ethic in both games was superb. Think he will be a really good signing. As others have said brings some balance to our team.

I like the look of him so far. Some very good moves going forward - good passing into the central players and I am sure he'll go on a few good runs when he's settled in a bit more. His tracking back is good also. He'll be a great signing for us.

Back