Jamie Murphy

Look forward to seeing him back,could well be a important player for us next season i think.

Hopefully fully fit for the start of next season after a horrible injury.

Is he good enough for a starting slot?

He offers something different, and gives us more experience on the park.Which can only be good for the younger players, to learn from.

No chance will he be played on that surface that done him, not in a month of Sundays!

I would wait until the new seasons starts, before id bring him back, after all weve got cover in wide positions, so why risk the player getting injured again or breaking down, with 3 or 4 games to go..Absolutely pointless in my opinion.

I'll be honest enough to say I (wrongly) didn't think much of his signing and wasn't expecting much from him.

But it's very clear now how much we miss him and it'll be great to have him back if he reach his pre injury level again.

Reading this thread you would think he was Messi. I didnt see what everyone else seems to have. He is squad level standard but we need better.

Better player than Kent imo who’d have opened up defences more often. His back heel assist to Windass against Hamilton last season was a moment of pure quality that we rarely see in this league. None of our current starting 11 have that in their locker.
Better player than Kent? Is your username meant to be ironic?

Don't think we'll see him this season due to the way the games have been scheduled.

There was a wee chance we'd see him towards the end of the season, but with the past 2 games being the tramps and the last game on the plastic pitch he got injured on.

Just focus on getting 100% back and be ready for pre season.

4-3-3 to be effective needs goals from the 2 wide players.
Murphy isn't just a good player, he is far more of a goal threat than Candeias or Kent.

He could have turned some of our 1 goal defeats into draws or draws into wins.

Scored v Shkupi, was on the bench I think, v Osijek but was back in starting 11 v Maribor.

Started our first 2 league games v Aberdeen and St Mirren and was then injured in the LC win at Killie.

Was well involved early season mate.

May have been subbed quite a few times then.

I remember threads on here at the time with disappointment and folk claiming he only looked good last year due to being surrounded by shite.

Hes not bad and will do as a squad player but unless we have 6 or 7 starters at least a level above players like him, Jack, Candeias, Kamara, we won't be wining the league.

Murphy failed to turn up in the OFs last year

He wasn't the only one.

Murphy could go on to be an important player for us again next season, it really depends how much of a toll the injury has taken on him. He isn't a young player.

Also it may well take him time to get back up to speed, and we as a support aren't the most patient with players returning from long term injury. Grezda being the most recent example.

We really missed Murphy, i appreciate him a lot more bow as a player since he has been out.

Another player that has improved 100% by not playing. He did score a couple of goals but watching him track back was painfull- like he was wearing 'divers boots'

Excellent to have him back.

I really doubt he'll play on plastic again so his place in the team will be juggled with another player or two I reckon.

I really don't think he would have made a difference to this season, not one bit he is okay but not great. Squad player in a title winning team

I think Murphy is a pretty decent player and his movement off the ball is very good. He would have been an important player trying to unlock those packed defences during the season.

If we cant get Kent back he would be a perfect fit for the new formation we play with Arfield and Murphy as narrow wingers linking with Defoe

Of course he is.

Had we not lost him to that horror show of a pitch we might well have still been in this title race.

He has the trickery and ability to do something different in the final third and create something from nothing.

I am convinced that Murphy would have turned a fair few of those turgid draws into wins.

Been thinking and saying the same thing for months.

A player with a trick in tight positions who could open up a stubbon defence.

He was a big miss this season

Murphy is good enough to significantly contribute to a title winning team. And I say that as someone who previously failed to really see what he offered.

Last player I did that with was McCann.

Get Murphy fit and we have a very effective player on our hands.

Been thinking and saying the same thing for months.

A player with a trick in tight positions who could open up a stubbon defence.

He was a big miss this season

Spot on man. Ball carrier who also significantly was (edit - is) clever enough to choose the right time to release the ball.

Back