Jamie Walker

ForzaMorelos

Official Ticketer
After watching the edinburgh derby last night I REALLY can't see the fuss about Walker. Yes i know he could come as a free in the summer but last night he looks below average to say the least. Really isn't a player that will move us a step forward at all.

All of the Hearts team look crap, not just walker. Think its down to Arvil and his crappy tactics tbh. All contain stuff.

I'd still take him for free

Hearts' tactic is just to lump it up the park. Their team is full of bruisers, and Leveins tactics are abysmal. You could see small glimpses of Walker trying to play it on the deck, I think he'd thrive in a better team.

He is their best player and is a massive upgrade on Windass, so it's a yes for me.

Hearts' tactic is just to lump it up the park. Their team is full of bruisers, and Leveins tactics are abysmal. You could see small glimpses of Walker trying to play it on the deck, I think he'd thrive in a better team.

He is their best player and is a massive upgrade on Windass, so it's a yes for me.
All I seen was slack passes, poor runs, getting caught in possesion.

He could come in and add to the squad but i can't see him coming in and being a vital player for us as some would have you believe.

I'd like to see us sign the likes of Walker, McLean and Moult but none of those would be KEY additions, they would supplement other big signings though perfectly.

I reckon i've watched him closely in a game 5 times now and not once have I been impressed. A decent Scottish Premiership player and nothing more.

Reactions: WBD
They way I look at it. Go back to Sunday, Windass and Pena have been shite. Look at the bench. Would you rather have Walker on there to come on or not? I'd much rather have him as part of the squad to make the unit stronger, our quality in depth is poor.

The SPHELL has been littered with players like this over the years, players who play out of their skin for a period and then dissapear. McLean and Walker fall into this category in my opinion.
Murray Davidson springs to mind - we were linked with him from a couple of times.

They way I look at it. Go back to Sunday, Windass and Pena have been shite. Look at the bench. Would you rather have Walker on there to come on or not? I'd much rather have him as part of the squad to make the unit stronger, our quality in depth is poor.
Dalcio or Walker? :rolleyes:

Only Pedro could spend the guts of 9m and make our overall squad weaker from last season.

We should be looking at that Danish CM that Rosenborg had against the tims, Jensen.

180 mins of football and not a single player could get near him.

He played in a team full of young boys last night and lump ball football tactics.
Seemed to take responsibility a bit like Kenny Miller has done a bit too far and was coming too deep to try and start moves off as opposed to playing to his strengths in the final 3rd.

Agree he's not a world beater but would defo take him especially on a free.
As above poster says, with Windass floating about the park on Sunday doing hee haw I'd much rather hook him and bring on Walker if that was an option or probably start Walker to be fair.

Is he better than Windass?

I personally don't think Walker is that great as a LM - last season he was more no 10 role and did well

watched it last night and in my opinion both club would scare the shit out of our very soft team(midfield)

He'd do better in a side trying to play football. Avril's tactics were shocking last night and they'll be even worse on Saturday. They will kick us off the park.

I was surprised how poor Walker was yesterday - he didn't look anything like the dangerous, energetic player I have seen before. What was even more worrying was he didn't look fit, didn't track back and generally looked like he couldn't give a shit that his team were getting the run around.

Of course maybe it was a one-off but if this form continues then he won't be getting the move he wants in the summer ....

With the reaction on here over the summer you’d have thought he was a world beater.
It’s the same with any transfer saga that drags on, it gets built up and built up until plenty have convinced themselves he’s exactly what we need and not getting him is disastrous. The transfer window and internet era has caused this.

He’s a decent player who could potentially improve us over time, that’s it.

IF he is a free then surely it is worth a punt and whether he is a roaring success or not will remain to be seen, but I feel at the very least he would add much needed depth to the squad. We can slowly build on improving the depth with slightly better players each window whilst adding a few quality signings.

Said it before but players like Walker are not where we need to be and are an easy interim step.

We currently cannot go out and buy a player of say Neil McCann quality.

What we can do is improve what we have for low cost.

Walker is better than Windass so that’s a move in the right direction.

After watching the edinburgh derby last night I REALLY can't see the fuss about Walker. Yes i know he could come as a free in the summer but last night he looks below average to say the least. Really isn't a player that will move us a step forward at all.
Final last words watch him on sat... what isit with scottish players that our,fans hate... haliday got,it dorrans gets,it as does jack... c a n u tell me a player who would take us,forward.. and one,we,could afford

Other than one game against us, I totally agree.
That said, my opinion is based on, what, four or five games?
Hardly enough time to decide, either way.
I suppose though, that, for the price of his contract, signing a player is never free, it might be a gamble worth taking.

Edit: this was meant to be an edit and not a quote.

was he crap when he smashed us last season ? he scored 2 goals in the last 4 or 5 games, just because he didnt do much last night doesnt mean the guy should be written off, a million times better than Windass to start with and he is free.

The same people on here declaring Jack would be mince, Candeias was a journeyman, moult wasnt rangers class, its laughable honestly.

He certainly hasn't played well this season. He was one of Hearts better players last night tbh. He committed six fouls without being booked , Ref told him after the 3rd foul that he was 1 more foul away from a booking. Yet again poor refereeing. Getting him on a free contract wouldn't be a bad call because its no real risk and he will have lower wages. Hes worth the punt but I certainly wouldn't be paying any fee for him in January.

Said it before but players like Walker are not where we need to be and are an easy interim step.

We currently cannot go out and buy a player of say Neil McCann quality.

What we can do is improve what we have for low cost.

Walker is better than Windass so that’s a move in the right direction.

If that is the only criteria, you're right.
We need more than thought though.
Is Walker better than say, McLean or Shinnie at the sheep, or McGregor or Armstrong at the scum.
Does he have the potential to be better than those mentioned.
Is Walker the best we can afford?

Other than one game against us, I totally agree.
That said, my opinion is based on, what, four or five games?
Hardly enough time to decide, either way.

That's where I am with Walker as well. He impressed in the 4-1 game last season but I can't say he stood out in any of the other matches.
A Hearts supporter that I know says he's a good player when in the mood, but can be lazy and disinterested. He also says he's never a left winger.

Only Pedro could spend the guts of 9m and make our overall squad weaker from last season.

Walker is a good player not surprised he's not playing to his best when he's most likely agreed to sign a pre contract come January.

As for your other point what a load of complete rubbish.

Our first 11 is far stronger than last season tell me a player who we let go that is better than who we have brought in ?

Last edited:
From what I've seen of him recently, he looks like a guy who has downed tools after being kept against his will.

I agree with the posters saying he's an improvement on Windass and so is worth signing on a free transfer.

Bang average everytime I've seen him out with the Tynecastle mauling last season.

Exactly what I said last night. He’s bang on average and I’d like to think I’ve seen a good bit of him over the years considering he’s played in the same league as us, against us, Hibs and the bheggars...

Windass finds himself in better positions just lacks an end product.

If that is the only criteria, you're right.
We need more than thought though.
Is Walker better than say, McLean or Shinnie at the sheep, or McGregor or Armstrong at the scum.
Does he have the potential to be better than those mentioned.
Is Walker the best we can afford?

McLean & Shinnie are other names mentioned.

Are they any better than Walker? Genuinely don’t know. From the admittedly limited times I’ve seen them, they’re better than we currently have. Windass is poor and we have next to nothing on the bench.

In terms of what we can afford, none of us really know what we can afford. My fear is we’ve spent a lot of any budget we had on Pena.

Did you see Louis Moult against us at the start of the season? Pish!

Didn’t you see him on Sunday? Not so pish.

Back