Jamie Walker

Only Pedro could spend the guts of 9m and make our overall squad weaker from last season.

Like you, it would appear, I'm not Pedro's biggest fan but, do you really think the squad is worse than last seasons?
We haven't had £9m worth of improvement of course.

was he crap when he smashed us last season ? he scored 2 goals in the last 4 or 5 games, just because he didnt do much last night doesnt mean the guy should be written off, a million times better than Windass to start with and he is free.

The same people on here declaring Jack would be mince, Candeias was a journeyman, moult wasnt rangers class, its laughable honestly.
Not once said that about any of the above.

Did you see Louis Moult against us at the start of the season? Pish!

Didn’t you see him on Sunday? Not so pish.
There's a reason I pointed out Walker and not Moult mate. I can see a player in Mould and someone who could make an impact at us - can't say the same about Walker i'm afraid.

There's a reason I pointed out Walker and not Moult mate. I can see a player in Mould and someone who could make an impact at us - can't say the same about Walker i'm afraid.

My point, though, is that if he was poor last night and there’s conflicting opinions on that then it doesn’t make him a poor player.

While I respect your opinion mines is that a Jamie Walker would immediately improve our team, let alone our squad. As posted above, Walker in place of Windass on Sunday and we lead 2-0 at half time.

There’s a reason that we decided to wait until he’s free before making our final decision on him.

I cannot believe people wanted us to pay £800,000 for him in the summer. Absolutely mental.

There’s a reason that we decided to wait until he’s free before making our final decision on him.

I cannot believe people wanted us to pay £800,000 for him in the summer. Absolutely mental.
I agree on that - if we can get him for free and on a low wage (i'd imagine) then go for it.. not for a fee though.

After watching the edinburgh derby last night I REALLY can't see the fuss about Walker. Yes i know he could come as a free in the summer but last night he looks below average to say the least. Really isn't a player that will move us a step forward at all.

I don't judge any player on one or two games, but having watched him on t.v. i don't think he's any better than what weve already got on our books.I would like a better quality of player, if we could afford one.Only the Jan.window can tell us what level of player we can get.

I think its more of a case of our options on the left hand side being so limited and sh1te that we just want anyone to sign.

I agree Walker looked poor last night.

Hearts where taking the mickey asking for a million for him.

I feel that Hearts overvalued the lad when they demanded £1m for him but he would still be a decent investment. Watching the game last night, Hearts didn't look to get him on the ball and let him try to create, they preferred to lump a long ball to Lafferty. Having such a poor team around him didn't help either. He is a far better player than Windass although I realise that's not hard. If we could get him for £200k or so in January then I'd be inclined to buy him then, could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd at stake.

I like Walker. Not sure if he has it to be a regular starter but from the bench, he'd be a good option. Walker and Morgan on Bosmans to replace Nemane and Dalcio + a new goal scoring wideman to replace Windass. Easy work.

"Just give them what they want"

Absolute madness.

There is NO doubt at all that Maclean, walker, Moult and Naismith (for example) would have been better than Pena and Herrera and yes many did say so at the time including me.

But we are where we are and need to get on with it...

There is NO doubt at all that Maclean, walker, Moult and Naismith (for example) would have been better than Pena and Herrera and yes many did say so at the time including me.

But we are where we are and need to get on with it...
Do we though?

These things are easily remedied.

Isn’t the DoF supposed to have a big say in what players we bring in? If he wants Walker (or McLean) and they are available for a nominal or no fee then it doesn’t matter what the situation is with Pedro.

Isn’t the DoF supposed to have a big say in what players we bring in? If he wants Walker (or McLean) and they are available for a nominal or no fee then it doesn’t matter what the situation is with Pedro.
I'd certainly hope DoF would be identifying the targets but at Rangers you never know....

People claiming Pedro has spent 9 million need their heads examined .

The net spend after selling some on was nearer £6 million. To revamp a whole squad on that he's done okay.

I agree on that - if we can get him for free and on a low wage (i'd imagine) then go for it.. not for a fee though.
I would have had no problem paying a fee for him if he had 2 or 3 years left on his deal, happy to wait and take him for nothing hurting Hearts in the process..

Walker or Windass a no brainer.

Looked good last season but I haven’t seen much from him this season that suggests he will be any better than we have.

People keep saying he will be a replacement for Windass but he plays in the number 10 role most games and doesn’t look as if he’s got the ability to be a winger.

He looked decent at tracking back and nicking the ball last night but didn’t do much else.

McGinn was head and shoulders above every other player and as much as I hate his mug he seems to be getting better and better.

I'd certainly hope DoF would be identifying the targets but at Rangers you never know....
I’d like to know more about what Mark Allen does. I’m not jumping on the bandwagon of ‘he’s not in the papers everyday so he’s doing nothing’ as he obviously is given tasks behind the scenes but we were led to believe that this was a big deal yet we’ve barely seen or heard from the guy.

I’d like to know more about what Mark Allen does. I’m not jumping on the bandwagon of ‘he’s not in the papers everyday so he’s doing nothing’ as he obviously is given tasks behind the scenes but we were led to believe that this was a big deal yet we’ve barely seen or heard from the guy.
In fairness he has a lot to do!! I assume he is bringing together scouting, training, coaching, youth football etc. Looking at what works and what doesn't, and trying to import 'best practice'...he will need time.

Utter shit the squad is way better than last season , waghorn or Morelos , even the bold Barrie McKay or candieas , kiernan or alves , halliday for jack . to name a few

Walker is a good player not surprised he's not playing to his best when he's most likely agreed to sign a pre contract come January.

As for your other point what a load of complete rubbish.

Our first 11 is far stronger than last season tell me a player who we let go that is better than who we have brought in ?

If you actually read my post, I said ''overall squad''.

Morelos, Dorrans and Candieas are the only definite improvements on last seasons squad.

Garner and Waghorn > Herrera 100%
Hyndman > Pena 100%
Toral and Jack - hard to split
Clint Hill > Cardoso. Has Alves been better for us than Clint Hill was for us? I'm not sure, but I won't criticise the manager for signing a player of Alves' ilk. He was a no brainer.
MOH > Dalcio. And I a not a MOH fan.

Barrie McKay > just about anyone we have currently.

So whilst we have signed some good players like Dorrans, Morelos and Candieas, when I look to our bench in a game against Celtic at Ibrox and 3 of our options are the likes of Herrera, Dalcio and Nemane then forgive me for thinking our 9m maybe hasn't been spent totally wisely when we've let better players go by far.

Hearts were rotten last night so hard to judge a player in a poor team. Surely he's a better player than Windass though

Not really arsed about signing Walker anymore. Still think he'd improve the squad, though

I heard he was a guest of Celtic at their game on Saturday :confused:

In fairness he has a lot to do!! I assume he is bringing together scouting, training, coaching, youth football etc. Looking at what works and what doesn't, and trying to import 'best practice'...he will need time.
I agree. Most of his work, at least initially, will be behind the scenes. DoFs don’t really become public personalities until they are enjoying a huge amount of success. I suppose the first big project we’ll have visibility of him on is when (if) we appoint a new manager.

I think Walker would do us a turn, he isn't a world beater but i think he would be useful in the system we play.
He would be direct and chip in with a few goals and would work back and dig in defensively.

The guys form has shaded after all the furore surrounding his proposed move to Rangers and subsequent 'banishment' from Hearts first team squad. That is hardly a surprise to be honest. He's also now just seeing out time until his inevitable, he hopes, move away from Tynecastle (whether it be to us or not).

People forget he had 2-3 good seasons prior to this one. There are extenuating circumstances that explain this season's dip. I'd be happy to see him at Ibrox sooner rather than later.

This all day long,well done the board/Pedro for not spunking the best part of a million quid on him when we can wait and get him for a nominal fee or free.

He isn’t playing well this season

To be fair, he probably didn’t think he’d still be at Tynecastle so I could understand if he wasn’t feeling particularly motivated.

However, if we’re expecting him to be some kind of catalyst that initiates a significant upturn in our performances, then we’re going to be disappointed.

Is he a better option than Dean Windass for the left side though?

Almost certainly.

If you actually read my post, I said ''overall squad''.

Morelos, Dorrans and Candieas are the only definite improvements on last seasons squad.

Garner and Waghorn > Herrera 100%
Hyndman > Pena 100%
Toral and Jack - hard to split
Clint Hill > Cardoso. Has Alves been better for us than Clint Hill was for us? I'm not sure, but I won't criticise the manager for signing a player of Alves' ilk. He was a no brainer.
MOH > Dalcio. And I a not a MOH fan.

Barrie McKay > just about anyone we have currently.

So whilst we have signed some good players like Dorrans, Morelos and Candieas, when I look to our bench in a game against Celtic at Ibrox and 3 of our options are the likes of Herrera, Dalcio and Nemane then forgive me for thinking our 9m maybe hasn't been spent totally wisely when we've let better players go by far.

If you honestly believe all that then either you or I need to take up badminton because one of the two of us know absolutely hee-haw about football.

People claiming Pedro has spent 9 million need their heads examined .

The net spend after selling some on was nearer £6 million. To revamp a whole squad on that he's done okay.

He has spent £6M and we still look a worse side than Aberdeen and don't look any better than the likes of Hibs. That definitely isn't "okay", it's horrendously bad.

After watching the edinburgh derby last night I REALLY can't see the fuss about Walker. Yes i know he could come as a free in the summer but last night he looks below average to say the least. Really isn't a player that will move us a step forward at all.

Think a lot of people in here had the same view of Ryan jack
An he’s been ok so far
I think it’s hard to judge how a decent level spl player will handle playing with better players
An the pressures of being a ranger

He has spent £6M and we still look a worse side than Aberdeen and don't look any better than the likes of Hibs. That definitely isn't "okay", it's horrendously bad.

Pena 2.8m
Herrera 1.2m
Dorrans 1m
Morelos 1m
Candy 750k
Cardoso 1.3m

8m.

Nemane, Dalcio and John all loans. Jack on a free.

Think that's it?

I think we should be aiming far higher than Jamie Walker and Steven McLean,if we are to improve we need battlers in that team,they would be a slight improvement,certainly on Windass,but need to start bringing in classier players than that,not EPL,but surely there are decent players in Europe,we could pick up for a third of the price of EPL players I give you Morelos as a good example

Pena 2.8m
Herrera 1.2m
Dorrans 1m
Morelos 1m
Candy 750k
Cardoso 1.3m

8m.

Nemane, Dalcio and John all loans. Jack on a free.

Think that's it?

Not sure if we paid a fee for Bruno?

The summer window would actually be considered a success if you take the 2 Mexicans out of the equation. Unfortunately they 2 signings are a monumental waste of money and have made our summer business look like a disaster.

Hearts' tactic is just to lump it up the park. Their team is full of bruisers, and Leveins tactics are abysmal. You could see small glimpses of Walker trying to play it on the deck, I think he'd thrive in a better team.

He is their best player and is a massive upgrade on Windass, so it's a yes for me.

Agree with this 100%, trying not to be harsh on windass because i think he is trying his hardest to play out of position, but hes been rubbish at a winger/wide mid and therefore Walker would be definite upgrade

The Hibs midfield had all the football players decent in the middle and decent in wide areas , the lad who they have on loan from Man City impressed me he was direct and was by his man all the time. He looked more ready for the step up than the boy we have on loan from City. Walker did try and influence the game for Hearts but his team mates were not up to much , no doubt seeing the blue jersey on Saturday will make them try harder .

I've seen Hearts a couple of times this season and the lads heart just doesn't look in it anymore for them.

He's a better player than he's showing and I'm sure if/when we sign him he'll show that.

How would you feel if you had to stay at a team that you dont want to play for and had your dream move taken away from you???

No wonder the boys heads down and not playing well.

Btw same people that said they don't see the fuss about him we're probabbly the same ones saying exactly the same about jack.

Back