January Transfer Window – How Much Money Do You Give Caixinha?

People here have been slating McIness. "He's not good enough, etc" but here we are thinking it will take Pedro another 2-3M to get 2nd after him spending £8m in the summer. DM spent 600k.

McInnes spent £600K on a team that will not win the league, and will not win a cup, and will struggle to qualify for Europe.
Mediocrity personified :eek:

McInnes spent £600K on a team that will not win the league, and will not win a cup, and will struggle to qualify for Europe.

Pedro spent more than 10x that on a team that is behind Aberdeen in the league, just got pumped out by the same team in the cup and lasted longer in Europe.

Ryan Jack has been very good for us.
Before yesterday Dorrans was seen as Steven Davis 2.0 by many on here.
Candieas has been outstanding.
Morelos has been outstanding.
Alves is a solid defender.
Cardoso will make us a decent profit should fulfil the potential he clearly has.
Herrera has hardly featured, has scored some important goals for us.
Pena has quality, it's just a matter of getting it out of him.
Dalcio and Nemane are loans.

I think it's incredibly unfair to bash his transfer dealings.
Ryan Jack has been good
Dorrans has been used in the wrong position
Candieas has been good, but not outstanding
Alves has been good
Cardoso flits from being excellent to being a bombscare
Hererra cant get a game in a poor Rangers team,why buy him if you don't want to use a big centre forward?
Pena has a good half hour in one game and we will never offload him
Dalcio has managed 30 minutes with Windass as his only opposition.

I would say that's pretty average transfer dealings

What do you expect him to achieve when only spending £600k??

Some absolute zoomers on this board.

Pedro spent more than 10x that on a team that is behind Aberdeen in the league, just got pumped out by the same team in the cup and lasted longer in Europe.

You're missing the point entirely (but you know that).
McInnes has no ambition, Aberdeen have no ambition....they aspire to mediocrity. If they wanted to challenge for trophies they would be spending considerably more than they have, that brings with it risks. Rangers have ambition, and ambition costs money....both short and long term

McInnes has no ambition, Aberdeen have no ambition....they aspire to mediocrity. If they wanted to challenge for trophies they would be spending considerably more than they have, that brings with it risks. Rangers have ambition, and ambition costs money....both short and long term

Do you honestly think McIness dictates how much money they spend?? :D

Definitely true :D

You're comparing Aberdeen/Stewart Milne to McInnes. McInnes is working, and working very well, with what he has been given. You can't use Aberdeen having no ambition as a stick to beat DM with. Do you not think he'd love £8million and do better with it. You completely ignored all my points from before and moved the goalposts. I'm assuming it's because you had no answer to them.

If the board believe he is the answer then they need to back him with everything we can afford.

Whether we're giving the manager money or not, the DOF has to step in and not allow Bosmans that will help the squad go past.

We simply have to snap up Walker, McLean, Moult and Morgan.

Proven track record with exception to Morgan who's still young but stand outs for their teams in this league and would certainly improve our team.

The Sooner Windass is out the team the better.

Flatters to deceive is the best expression I would use for him.

Ryan Jack has been very good for us.
Before yesterday Dorrans was seen as Steven Davis 2.0 by many on here.
Candieas has been outstanding.
Morelos has been outstanding.
Alves is a solid defender.
Cardoso will make us a decent profit should fulfil the potential he clearly has.
Herrera has hardly featured, has scored some important goals for us.
Pena has quality, it's just a matter of getting it out of him.
Dalcio and Nemane are loans.

I think it's incredibly unfair to bash his transfer dealings.

I think that’s generous, and with most things the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Jack, Candeias and Morelos have been good thus far, and look like good additions.

The jury is out though still on the rest for me. Alves hasn’t lived up to his reputation yet, not bad but not great either. Cardoso similarly looks good at times ropey at others. Dorrans for me has been good in flashes, but in our two biggest games against Celtic and the game on Sunday he was posted missing and looks slow and lacks the legs we need in the middle of the pitch. Pena is a complete enigma, but it doesn’t look like a sound investment so far. Herrera looks slow, cumbersome and clearly isn’t a goal scorer, his career stats back that up. I think for the £4m we spent on those two it’s hard to argue it couldn’t have been spent better. Dalcio looked terrible and Nemane is only young, both loans though so no real harm done.

It’s the £4m on Pena and Herrera that would really concern me about giving him more to spend.

The director of football identifies and signs the players (I assume) so it's not a case of Pedro being allowed to spunk money away anymore.

It would depend who he is after. If the fees are reasonable I would give him the money to bring in McLean, Walker and Moult. Given the paucity of his judgement on Pena, however, I would be very reluctant to give him money to bring in any other signings from abroad this side of next season.

I think that’s generous, and with most things the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Jack, Candeias and Morelos have been good thus far, and look like good additions.

The jury is out though still on the rest for me. Alves hasn’t lived up to his reputation yet, not bad but not great either. Cardoso similarly looks good at times ropey at others. Dorrans for me has been good in flashes, but in our two biggest games against Celtic and the game on Sunday he was posted missing and looks slow and lacks the legs we need in the middle of the pitch. Pena is a complete enigma, but it doesn’t look like a sound investment so far. Herrera looks slow, cumbersome and clearly isn’t a goal scorer, his career stats back that up. I think for the £4m we spent on those two it’s hard to argue it couldn’t have been spent better. Dalcio looked terrible and Nemane is only young, both loans though so no real harm done.

It’s the £4m on Pena and Herrera that would really concern me about giving him more to spend.
I am not saying Cardoso is the next Van Dijk and he clearly needs to up his game but Celtc conceded 3 goals over 2 games to Malmo from headers in and around the 6 yard box and the next thing he was sold for a fortune.

It is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. We need to improve in a few areas and need players in if we are to try and get near the scum and also aim for the Scottish Cup... but do we trust him with money? Sadly I don't think many if any do.

I am not saying Cardoso is the next Van Dijk and he clearly needs to up his game but Celtc conceded 3 goals over 2 games to Malmo from headers in and around the 6 yard box and the next thing he was sold for a fortune.

Ironically I actually thought he was having one of his best games for us on Sunday before that thug Bowman elbowed him. He looked more physical and assured that I had seen so far.

The most sensible thing to do is work out how much we can afford to spend and let Caixinha have as much of it as possible as long as any prospective signings fit one criteria: those proposed can do a job for us now – and they are deemed to be of use for any future manager.

I’m not speculating on Caixinha’s future, and I hope he turns it around, but future signings need to be of a fairly safe nature.

So, names like Walker, McLean etc would be sensible as you’d imagine any incoming manager, no matter who he is or when he may arrive, could make use of good Scottish players who know what the SPFL is all about.

That means no more signings like Peña or Herrera for now. Caixinha needs to earn the right to make signings that are a gamble with results on the pitch.
If he turns things around sufficiently, we can look to give him a bit more leeway in the summer.

However, if he can bring other names like Alves to the table, then we shouldobviously look to bring them in.

Ironically I actually thought he was having one of his best games for us on Sunday before that thug Bowman elbowed him. He looked more physical and assured that I had seen so far.
I cant recall him winning anything in the air and he kept backing off his man whenever the ball was punted in his direction (which it was alot)

Cant be having a center half in Scotland who cant win a header. Alves and McRorie/Wilson/Bates for me.

Funny how we see the game different.

I thought from giving Moult a dunt with his elbow early on he looked more up for the physical battle. In other games I’ve thought he didn’t look like he fancied the physical side, but I wouldn’t accuse him of that on Sunday.

I can’t remember too many chances coming from poor defending from him on Sunday, as I say I thought he was having one of his better games.

The question is how much money would you give the Manager, not ‘what’ would you give him. If you’re going to try and be a smart arse while ridiculing the man at least try to make sense.

The answer is not a penny id get him of the books as soon as possible.

The technically correct answer is we don't give him anything. If things are working correctly he says to Mark Allen: "I would like to strengthen the following positions as a matter of priority....."

Allen is then responsible for the scouting of players and recruitment of them. That way we get players who will suit the club rather than Pedro personally.

As is say that's possibly how it should go, however I suspect Pedro has some input. Either way there is a responsibility to improve each and every position as much as we can at each window and the Board will need to realise that too.

I guess we need to spend two to three hundred million to get a couple of good midfielders, and the same amount again to cover their wages...:rolleyes:
That's the spirit! It should be a skoosh, don't know why so many are keen on these Bosmans!:eek:
Get the trillion out your back pocket Davie, and get to the bar.

First off I’d say ‘Pedro we are signing precontracts with Walker, Moult and McLean there is no debate on this’. Then I’d say to him who do you want in January? Right lets see them and we will decide. You cannot sign anymore second rate heartless Mexican and Portuguese ‘cowards’. The three I mentioned would not be bullied by anyone they might not win us the SPFL but we’d be much closer.
Who are these Portuguese cowards you speak of?

If Pedros still here in January, it's because we can't find a suitable replacement or results have drastically improved, hopefully the latter. Either way, can't see us spending much in January. Maybe a loan signing, or a player that's coming to the end of his contract on a low fee

Hee haw, as mclean, moult (maybe walker) lewis morgan, and oli mcburnie can all sign for free! Declan John too

Infact maybe 2 or 3 million on a defender

Back