January transfer window

Cant see anything happening player in wise, hopefully surprise me

I think there might be a signing or 2 coming in? Good chance of a loan deal? Right wing and a striker.

100% right winger needed and then possibly a striker, with Murphy going possibly Docherty Andy king also away, a think it leaves the bench a bit bare

I think we may see someone come in at the end of it all

My guess is a loan for a premiership winger that is surplus to requirements at their parent club

Every game is crucial so a couple of untimely injuries or suspensions could cause problems. But I’ve got faith in the management team that they know what they’re doing.

To the people saying we don’t need anyone, an injury/suspension to let’s say Davis & Jack at the same time, you would likely be dropping Aribo & Arfield into the midfield. Then you are very light in the forward positions. We need 2 players I would have thought. A central midfielder & a wide right player. Annoyingly, King sounded absolutely ideal with his experience but that never worked for whatever reason.

They have very rarely been on the bench and have never started a match. I do think we need a player but the ones leaving had no impact on the bench.

Anyone else feel that January windows are for sure more quiet now than ever before?. Clubs just don't see to sell as many players in January any more.

I think one will come in. Gerrard plays it cute all the time. With lightening the load from the wage bill I think we will see a player (loan?) of quality coming in.

I think an attacking wide player of decent quality is required as you can’t realistically expect Kent and aribo to play every game.

Third striker is all I can see. Be it a loan after movement is finished down south or a cross border deal similar to Aribo that means we get a favourable price

Seems to have been a really quiet window for most clubs.
We’re in the market that won’t see much movement until the last few days. 1-14 looks strong and I don’t see us improving the 11 but a couple of experienced players that can come in and play 10 games between now and May would be ideal. Similar to Andy King I suppose although I know that was a busted flush. Chris Brunt, Tyler Blackett at LB or maybe a Wayne Routledge although a bit old. I’m not saying these guys specifically but I think that’s they type of player we’d be looking at - someone who can settle quickly and hit the ground running.

We need another winger and attacking CM to really push for 55.... this is our chance and need to go for it. We are only 1 or 2 injuries / suspensions away from relying on Ojo / Barker
[/QUOTE
We definitely need to make a move to beef up the squad for the title challenge. I know its been done to death on here but I would move for Shankland. The Arabs have all but won the league now, they will want to cash in now on him.

After the window closes we could be looking at a bench of Foderingham, Defoe, Edmundson, Arfield, Jones, Flanagan/Patterson, Stewart and Ojo.

The likes of Polster, Barker, Halliday and the young kids etc not in the match-day squad.

It’s not all that bad. Assuming jones returns fully fit - he’ll be like a new signing.

My biggest fear is an injury/suspension to Morelos. Defoe could come in or worst case scenario Stewart or Kent could play through the middle so we do have options - however nobody leads the line like Alfredo.

Injuries to 2of either jack Davies and kammara and I think we would see a drop in quality. Aribo for me is better as a forward and with king and docherty left or leaving I think we are short.

I don't think Kamara would be a loss at all. Just my opinion but he gives the ball away far too often.

Back