January Transfer Window

I reckon we may see 3 or 4 fringe players either loaned out or sold the likes of Murphy Grezda Polster and Docherty come to mind then maybe 1 or 2 players in if the price is right if not hopefully there is a few quality pre contracts we can look into for next summer

I do a bit of work in Birmingham. WBA have a young RB Nathan Ferguson who is highly rated. He is out of contract in the summer and refusing to sign a new one. Available for a cross border compensation amount of £300k. Has earned great reviews from Slavin Billic and capped by England at u19.
Would be worth a punt in case Tav goes in the future.
Watching West Brome game just now and he looks very talented but we currently have young Nathan Patterson waiting in the wings at right back

Unless we have a few leaving and 1 or 2 that where unexpected I don’t think we will be that active with incomings.

I think we will try and move on in January : Grezda,Murphy and Docherty.King's loan terminated early.
If 8 million or more offered a decison will have to be made on Kamara I'd think.
Ferguson and Bowen on pre-contracts would be incredible business for the upcoming summer window if at all possible.

Sinani a good low-risk option along with Peterson at Swansea who despite having been one of the highest scorers in Holland last season,hasn't settled at all in wales and could be available on a loan deal I'd think.

On Kamara,I like him but don't think he's irreplacable-certainly not for 8 million at least imho.

I think we will try and move on in January : Grezda,Murphy and Docherty.King's loan terminated early.
If 8 million or more offered a decison will have to be made on Kamara I'd think.
Ferguson and Bowen on pre-contracts would be incredible business for the upcoming summer window if at all possible.

Sinani a good low-risk option along with Peterson at Swansea who despite having been one of the highest scorers in Holland last season,hasn't settled at all in wales and could be available on a loan deal I'd think.

On Kamara,I like him but don't think he's irreplacable-certainly not for 8 million at least imho.
Is it lewis Ferguson you’re talking of?

I'd be thanking Ojo and King for their efforts so far and sending them back to their parent clubs and replacing them with better on either permanent or loan deals depending on who is available.

Gerrard won’t be sending Ojo anywhere.

He’s frustrating, but he’s got decent numbers so far and relatively young.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he smashes in the winner on Sunday off the bench.

If a bid of £8 million plus is offered for Kamara then it has to be considered.

Ideally we can ship out the unwanted players for a return and invest in a right sided attacker.

Every other position can be backed up with youth. If Kamara goes I’d recall Kelly for example.

If a bid of £8 million plus is offered for Kamara then it has to be considered.

Ideally we can ship out the unwanted players for a return and invest in a right sided attacker.

Every other position can be backed up with youth. If Kamara goes I’d recall Kelly for example.

£8+m for Kamara is a fantastic business model.

I think he’s an excellent player, but it’s exactly the type of purchase and sale we should be making.

I’d like to get someone in for that right side of attack spot but we really need to get people out the door before we bring anyone in as our squad is far to bloated

I’d like to ship out

polster
King
Docherty
Murphy
Barker
Herrera
grezda

if we get them out the door it’ll give us some funds to add a right sided attacker

No chance anyone pays £15m for a player out of contract in six months. If £15m is the fee they want from a tribunal no English club touches him as that means they have to invest £23m (including signing-on fees, wages, bonuses etc.) on a player who is out of contract. We could get him for around 300,000 cross-border fee then offer a decent wage as no transfer fee involved

I think if we were ever to get into english league football, this would be the reason why. For the amount of money invested in academies down south, the fact we could nip in and take that talent for £300k is insane (the opposite obviously also applies, but is a far smaller pond to fish in) If a few more high profile switches happen, i reckon they will try and close that loophole.

Reactions: cav
We should be looking to improve the first team at every opportunity. If there’s someone available either on loan or permanent that could help us win the league, we should be going for them.

We could get Polster, Docherty, King and Murphy off the wage bill and not notice any difference to the squad!

That would free up wages for 1 decent signing.

Personally I would try offload Ojo or loan out Barker then sign a left footed winger.

I'd love us to try and get Anthony Knochart from Brighton he's currently on loan at Fulham. As hes not wanted at Brighton anymore. Epl experience pace and like to cut in off the right and shoot

£8+m for Kamara is a fantastic business model.

I think he’s an excellent player, but it’s exactly the type of purchase and sale we should be making.

We move on, we pick up another bargain, we trust our youths and scouting team and hopefully the model grows and grows.

Back