January window

Expectations met?

• Yes

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
Getting Hagi is a potential masterstroke by the club and Kamberi will do a job for us too. Would have liked to get the lad from Burnley as well but sadly it wasn't to be. For me though it was mostly about keeping the good players we already have, so yes; a positive window imo.

It was hugely important to keep all our main players. In us doing that and managing to bring in a couple of new faces to freshen things up means it's got to be seen as a success.

Yes, we would have all liked another one in the door but I'm positive that this team has the ability to push all the way until May.

Would have liked at least 1 more but happy with what we’ve got. I like the loan to buy option as if it doesn’t work out for either club or player we’ve not forked out to then be stuck with a player that we struggle to shift without losing money

Overall I'm happy with how it's went and the most important thing, we kept our best players. Only criticism really was how late it was all done but I understand that transfers are more complex than most likely realise. Can't help but feel that a player like Hagi could have possibly helped us out over the last few matches. Then again that's a 'what if' but I'm happy to have both Hagi and Kamberi here now. Also I understand we had to rid ourselves of some of the deadwood first.

Hagi in particular has caught my imagination. Watched him in the under 21 Euros in the summer and thought he was sensational. So really hoping he adapts quickly. Got a feeling him and Kent playing off of Alfie could be a thing of beauty for us.

Kamberi doesn't exactly excite me in the way that Hagi does but I know what we are getting from him and I think he'll surprise us. From his comments he seems to be keen to impress and that's ideal.

Impressed with the work Wilson has done with regards to trimming the squad down. Also like that we've brought guys back into the fold who weren't playing while out on loan. Considering I had resigned myself to no new signings halfway through the month, to get two quality signings at the very end is a massive boost. Hope it gives us the edge.

Kept our best players.
Extended Defoe and Borna
Got some good loans for our promising kids (Barjonas, Mayo etc)
Good loans for more senior players (Murphy, Doc, McCrorie)
Moved some deadwood on
Freshened things up, taking some loans back
Solid cover for Alfie/Defoe
Potential Masterstroke, taking hagi on Loan, with a solid option to buy at discount if he gets to Euros

I'd say pretty successful all round. Fresh approach from Ross Wilson. Good start.

Got Grezda out the door, retained Morelos, secured longer deals for a couple of important players and (appear to have) signed a very good young player in Hagi. The Vydra interest, although unsuccessful, indicates we had him prepared and lined up for a transfer in advance which means we have a properly functioning scouting department with contingencies ready for player injuries. Makes a difference to previous years scrambling about for whatever duds are on Willie McKay's books at short notice.

Pretty happy with the window, the main thing was keeping key players Morelos, Tav and Barasic being the obvious ones.
For me the addition of Hagi, and to an extent Kamberi, is a bonus. I particularly like the fact we’ve added an option to buy rather than just a straight loan.
The return from loan of Hastie is effectively a new signing given that he’s not been part of our squad up until now.

Back