Jardel

El Chico de Natura

Time for the monthly ‘what could have been’ thread on Mario compete with the usual suspects saying the absolutely never tiring “pics” in regards to Karen.

How different would our history have been if they hadn’t conspired to keep him from us? For me, we would have won 10 and beyond and possibly did something in Europe. A Jardel/Mols partnership is the stuff dreams are made of.

He was an unbelievable striker, had a quick look at his figures, with Porto, Galatasaray and Sporting, he rattled in 266 goals in 274 matches.

Very strange episode, remember being buzzing as he was introduced at half time against Raith, then nothing.

The work permit issue was a convenient excuse for us as he was really poor in training sessions due to hiding a foot injury.

He'd have been a sensation.

Unless he got the standard cruciate injury on his second game.

Also his new missus is a hound. He ended up a coke addict after Karen left him. Understandably.

Reactions: o7o
I was gutted when he couldn't sign only to watch him score a double vs Milan shortly after if I remember correctly.

Someone posted a link on here before to a great article about his rapid decline and the reasons behind it. Will see if I can find it, was a good read

The work permit issue was a convenient excuse for us as he was really poor in training sessions due to hiding a foot injury.
Was the permit story not along the lines of Falkirk ( or Raith Rovers) signed someone from Jamaica hence used the only permit that was available ? or somethig like that :cool:

One of Walters few blunders of note. Custom made for Scottish football with that ariel ability. Also proved beyond doubt he would have been priceless for us in Europe. The guy was a machine who could and should have scored a barrow load for us, then been sold for a fortune.

1995-04.jpg

apparently in training he was awful, maybe the foot injury thing could explain it, though as pointed out he did go on to score an awful lot of goals....

I think people forget how big a signing that would have been.

It would have been like taking Falcao when he left Porto.

Guy was a goal scoring genius.

Back