Jason Cummings interview in The Edinburgh Evening News

I used to hate him because he always looked dangerous against us, then I fell in love with the maddy, when he joined us. A very good footballer who hasn’t quite reached his potential. (yet?)
Really nice to see how much he loved being at us, obviously got the bug. As above, not suited to our style or good enough to fire us onwards.

Decent read. He was a great finisher, a real shame he has lost his way. He seemed to always score against us and absolutely rinse Kiernan.

There was a weird element on here that seemed to constantly attack him. I've never seen him say anything other than massively positive things about Rangers.

He speaks well and I do like him, but he wasn't at our level and i'm glad he has moved on and found his level. Wish him all the best

I liked him, still do.
His positivity would have been welcome at the time many of our first picks arses collectively collapsed post shut down.

And for all the talk about him not being "our level" I would love to understand what is our level in peoples minds.
The majority of the players that people on here adored to the extent they wanted to make up songs in tribute to them disappeared up their own arse when it really mattered.

Harmless and likeable guy. Loved when he told that clown Ian Abrahams about old firm being the biggest game.

Long term was never going to be good enough for us but really rated him tbh at times before he signed for us.

Always seems to perform in big games as shown even recently with a few goals when he came on against Liverpool. Good luck to the lad with his career.

A cracking guy, just a shame that his ability didn’t match his character.

I reckon he’ll only ever work in a two, and the only place you’re likely to find that nowadays is in the lower leagues.

Best of luck to him though.

When he was at Hibs the abuse he took from us was unreal but it just made him try harder and you almost respected him more for it even though he scored regularly against us. Was delighted when he signed but unfortunately signed at the wrong time.

The kind of guy you wish you were pals with because what a laugh it would be.

Wish him nothing but the best.

I still follow Cummings on Instagram, he is a very funny lad and no doubt has a lot of talent

I just can’t get that video out my head of him ripping that TV off his wall and throwing it out the window at 2am 4 floors up, he is definitely unhinged.

Prone to a mad moment or two but a very likeable guy and a decent player. Was a wee bit disappointed when he left us.

Very good OP cheers.

Seems a decent guy albeit a bit different to the norm - some of the best folk are though!

Met him a couple of years ago when he was at Peterboro, he was brand new.My daughter was a fan of his, and he was great with her, selfies, signed her top, had a good chat with her, he really made her day.

A likeable clown With a few daft tattoos! But I had a soft spot for him. Hope he does well

Daft as a brush but very likeable.You have to ask yourself is Kamberi a better finisher than he is?

A likeable boy, but I'm not sure Gerrard would have taken to his antics.

A shame as I do think there was something about him, a real raw talent who knows his way to goal, but maybe lacking in application and working hard ?

Still think Gerrard would be the man to the best out of him, there’s obviously a talented lad there

It's interesting that there clearly has been one or two players that Gerrard has viewed as a bit of project and backed himself to sort out, whereas others - despite the raw talent being there - he's been happy to move on.

Long term was never going to be good enough for us but really rated him tbh at times before he signed for us.

Always seems to perform in big games as shown even recently with a few goals when he came on against Liverpool. Good luck to the lad with his career.

Despite what some are saying about him being ‘average’ or ‘not at the level’ I always thought of him as being a throwback to the maverick players of old. Often he would float in and out of games at Hibs but he could produce absolute magic when he turned it on.

Rewind back a few years, with the right environment and the right manager, he could’ve been something different.

Good luck to him.

I agree with lots above he seems a really likeable guy, someone that’s probly fun to be around lol. He has a great left foot but possibly the carry on gets in the way of the hard, hard work at times. That’s just a guess tho. Hope he does well and ye never know!

Great Read.

Loved having him here.

But ultimately just not good enough for what we require.

Hope he does well where ever he ends up.

His hatrick in the Cup a real stand out moment.

Decent read, always hoped it would have worked out for him but like he said, he isn’t suited to being a Lone striker.

Said it at the time ... and probably a problem for quite a few of our forwards at the time: 4-3-3 was not for them. Be it Waghorn, Garner, Cummings or even Herrera. Not even Defoe, IMHO.

You might want us playing modern style football with those three attackers, yet as we have seen throughout the MW, PC and now SG era, it usually comes unstuck against the brickwall Scottennaccio we face every other week. Games when you need two strikers and winger / attackers OR those three attackers clicking. Since the turn of the year, Morelos, Kent and whomever was up there did not click and we looked dire.

Kamberi and Hagi looked good ... and I wouldn`t mind having Cummings back up here and him and Kamberi up there with better quality than he had around him in his time with us. Not ahead of Morelos, mind you, but who knows what will happen to him. People will sure want "better quality", but go on and find us a striker capable to make his mark against Scottish sides week in and week out ... while willing to break their neck 24/7 for you.

Dead likeable guy who clearly loved playing for us.

I've got nothing but respect for him and hope he has a cracking career.

Seems like a real likeable character. Obviously doesn’t have an axe to grind. Wish him well.

It's good to hear him speak so positively about us, and also to talk up Scottish football. I regularly watch matches down here and on the rare occasions I get to a match in Scotland I'm struck by how much more passionate the supporters are.
Cummings is a very decent player in the right set up. Not quite the class we aspire to, but I wish him well.

Good read, strikes me as the kind of guy who will end up playing in "legends" matches for us and Hibs once his career finishes.

Wish the boy all the best for the future. Always gave his all and still loves our club. Maybe a case of our system of play didn't suit his game.

I hope he goes on to do well and screws the nut. There was one pre-season where he was abroad constantly partying and looked out of shape. The chances are other players were doing the same but he was posting about it on social media. It could've been the pre-season after his loan as spell with us, any manager looking in must have had second thoughts. He seems to have settled down now, best of luck to him anyway.

Would loved to have seen him lord it over Brown Lennon and Thumb-heid after a big win against the scum at Ibrox .......I like his confidence/arrogance and could have contributed against the lower sides at least as we have been shown to be caught short in the striking dept this season.

Good article by Cummings, he has a fair amount of talent and if steered in the right direction, stopped his daft antics and fully concentrated on his football he could have been a squad player at least.

Back