Jason Cummings leaves Dundee for overseas

At a stage in his career where his level is probably lower SPFL, or championship and alternative is League 1 down south?

He’s played for Rangers, won a Scottish Cup (eeesh) and scored against Liverpool. I would argue he’s “maxed out” in the U.K.

Good move to Oz to maximise his earnings and lifestyle. It’s a short career after all. I totally see the attraction and wonder why more don’t go down this route or to USA.
Also has a couple of National caps.

All while he’s scored about 7 goals in the SPL (the highest level he’s played at), so pretty good milestones for the lad.

I wish him well, clearly likes us and seems a sound guy.

I do think some are going a bit OTT with regards to his talent, he’s not in the same ball park as Riordan for example. That’s not criticising him though.

I’m sure he’ll love the lifestyle, and I look forward to watching him :))

He's such a likeable wee guy. I wish him well wherever the goes. He's the kind of guy who'll do well whatever he decides to do.

One of my fave cult heroes of ours in recent years. I remember getting a photo with him and I asked him to do the joker hand upto his face and he did it , guys absolutely mental though and hasnt progressed like he should have. Still cant believe hes only 26

At least now he doesn't have to listen to "disgusting" stuff from fans about his paedo mate.

Pretty funny (given 2020) that while Dundee are battling relegation, he's cutting about the Hydro 'being the Joker' who I suppose he managed to emulate quite effectively.

What was McPake thinking when he signed these guys?

I like him but he’s off his nut and think he’ll probably look back when he’s forty and wish he’d done it alldifferently.

Think it was the 2-3 game against them at Ibrox when Morelos missed the sitter in the last minute from a yard out , if that chance falls to Cummings , the balls in the net and the boys life is a lot different from now !

Cant not like the lad and wish him well - a great choice for him I would imagine on and off the pitch

At a stage in his career where his level is probably lower SPFL, or championship and alternative is League 1 down south?

He’s played for Rangers, won a Scottish Cup (eeesh) and scored against Liverpool. I would argue he’s “maxed out” in the U.K.

Good move to Oz to maximise his earnings and lifestyle. It’s a short career after all. I totally see the attraction and wonder why more don’t go down this route or to USA.
Not much of a lifestyle in Oz right now with the covid totalitarianism.

Strange one. When I first saw him I thought he had a chance but he’s completely off his head
Good luck to him but the boy has wasted wahat could have been a great career. I suspect only in later life will he mature enough to understand what could have been.

“Want to come and play football in Australia for a few years?”

Just the sort of thing a player struggling at Dundee wants to hear.

Griffiths sitting patiently by the phone.

"Hi Leigh, want to come and play football in Australia for a few years?"
"Aww sounds brilliant"
"Tough sh!t, we are very strict on what creatures we allow to cross our borders"

The summer Gerrard came in killed his career.

Was up to all sorts in Ibiza that summer allegedly and word spreads quickly in football.

When Gerrard said he wanted players who wanted to play for Rangers rather than people who wanted to be Rangers players he was getting at him.

He went to Ibiza for a month and blew his chances as Gerrard was interested untill he got put straight on his attitude.

A player who had skill but not the physical attributes and wasnt willing put effort in to better his athleticism.

Good luck to him but think hes a bit of a waster personally.

He’s a daftie but at 26 he’s still has time to sort his shit out and enjoy a good 5+ years in the game. It’s up to him though.

Really likeable guy and I hope he screws the nut and has some successful years out there - perhaps his Aussie family connection can help him settle/thrive.

However, I have a suspicion that he’ll be back in Scotland in 18 months in League 1 or 2 playing part-time and if he’s lucky, get a gig with Si Ferry doing a podcast.

Back