Jason Holt wanted by St Johnstone on loan

Sounds great to me. He’s doing nothing with us but seems a nice guy. Continue his career and strengthen a team against our opponents? All good.

I presume his wage is pretty small too as he was a low money acquisition at a point before we were making more prominent signings. Think he signed one renewed contract but would still expect it to be small enough that St Johnston will be able to pay a significant %

I'm just really surprised we haven't managed to find a club willing to buy him, his wages are the obstacle not his talent.
If a loan deal alleviates the problem then so be it!

We got a very decent return for £65k, leaves with good wishes from me.
If a deal could be done with his wages I’d let him go on a free just to get him off the wage bill and as a thank you for his services.
If st j paid him 2k a week that’s 104k a year with no transfer fee and they get a player who could potentially save them from going down this making them money next season.
Good deal for st j imo

Would never hear a bad word on him as was a wee terrier but just short now of what is needed.
Great wee guy hope he does well.

Hope he does go on loan to St Johnstone gets some of his wages off our wage bill. Added bonus he will be able to play everyone else in the league except us, here’s hoping he scores the winning goal against the scum if the deal comes to fruition. This is how titles are won and is what the scum has been doing for years, about time the club took more advantage of the loan system in this way. WATP :))

What happened to teams just buying/ signing a player ?

Newsflash

Scottish clubs have no money.

Anyway good luck to Jason if he goes there. Never gave anything less than 100% in a blue jersey.
If he can stop them shipping 7 goals to that mob and hopefully hurt them this season it's a good move.

We should be loaning as many of our fringe players as possible to other teams in this league so that they can play against Celtic. Imagine Dodoo doing a Scott McDonald on the last day.

He will instantly become their best midfielder.

Good move for him.

If a deal could be done with his wages I’d let him go on a free just to get him off the wage bill and as a thank you for his services.
If st j paid him 2k a week that’s 104k a year with no transfer fee and they get a player who could potentially save them from going down this making them money next season.
Good deal for st j imo

What’s in that deal for Holt? He’s not going to take a large drop in wages just to play for them.

There was a cracking GIF of a tackle he made at the glitterdome in the game big Clint equalised.

Surely someone will oblige?

Will be good for a mid level SPFL team, I hope it works out for him, seems like a nice guy and an extremely hard worker, just no longer good enough for our squad.

Really surprised we can't sell him, either to hearts, or lower English leagues after he played so frequently at fleetwood. I don't think Gerrard should have been so obvious about who he wanted out, it hasn't helped us raise fees on any of them
How do you fleece clubs though? It's not like we were ever going to play Holt or Lafferty et al in qualifiers or early league games, so it becomes obvious that they're surplus to requirements pretty quickly.

Better to be honest about the obvious ones at least. Slightly different scenario for players like Barasic.

Good move for all concerned.

Holt did a good job for Rangers. Applied himself well, gave 100% and whether he goes on loan or a permanent move he'd go with my best wishes. Good professional in my opinion and a decent player too. Just not at the level of our current Rangers team under Gerrard.

Decent enough move for the lad.

Would strengthen St Johnstone for games vs them, and then obviously wouldn't be able to play against us.

Similar to what they did the season they sent both Christie & Mackay-Stevens to the Sheep, with others littered around the rest of the SPFL.

St Johnstone couldn't pay Oli Shaws wages from Hibs on loan. We'd be paying the majority i'd think. Still be a good move.

Most of these clubs , st Johnstone, Kilmarnock etc can pay a maximum of 2k a week , that’s top end .Still decent money for playing football. A lot of their squad are on less .

I’m guessing holty is on double that with us , but we will cover the balance until his contract runs out , then he is free to get himself a permanent deal .

Goes with my best wishes tidy wee player always 100% cant ask for more .

Thought he might have got a club down south, seemed to feature pretty regularly for Fleetwood last season.

I didn't know he was still ours.

I wish him no ill will. He's still young enough to have a decent career

At this point in time any deal that helps to reduce our wage bill is worth considering.

It must be tough for guys like Holt though - a good honest pro who’s never let anyone down - to see what Gerrard is building but knowing there’s nothing he can do to play a part in it.

I hope he finds another club.

It can be a cruel World at times but reality bites, if you are doing you very best but are not good enough there is nothing you can do but accept the situation. Holt is a good honest pro who did us a turn but the quality of player now required is better than he can deliver. Thank him for his service but time to move on.

Wee holty is excellant at keeping possession and always available for a pass. Just what a team like st johnstone need. Very underated and wish him well

Would be a good move for him, but i think St Johnstone probably spent decent amount of the wages budget on brining in Ohalloran and Swanson, not sure they could afford a deal for him if we werent in some way covering part of the wages.
For me Holt would fit perfectly at Motherwell, and they will need a new CM when the inevitable occurs with Turnbull

Whilst not being good enough for us i personally think he could do better than St Johnstone that's for sure.

See him the same as Halliday, gave everything for the club and not quite good enough, won’t be a popular opinion ref Halliday but just my own thoughts.

Halliday isn’t good enough either but he’s apparently a really good influence around the dressing room.

Back