Jason Holt

Calico Jack

What happens to the wee man now? Played 25 times for Fleetwood, he is holding his own there.

We're becoming pretty heavy in the middle of the park, personally I see Docherty as being higher up the ladder than JH and to be brutally honest, I'm not sure he is actually good enough for us heading forward. Saying that though, Halliday was not classified as being anywhere near good enough last season, also by me I'll add. Sorry Andy, I have been proven wrong, could lightning strike twice?

What's he worth? £500k... He is still only 25 I see, so a few years to offer the right club.

If we were recalling a midfielder, I'd be recalling Docherty before Holt. Neither is needed for the season run in, injuries aside.

Good luck to Jason Holt, played a lot of games for us and can't be faulted for effort.

Holt is light years behind every other midfielder who has played for us this season.

Will be lucky to get 100k for him.

Played his part but we are closer to where we belong now.

He's playing for a better team than Doc, so unless he's out of contract in the summer, he must be worth a bit more surely?

Technically very good, lots of energy and is tireless. Weak though, and couldn’t kick a ball to the goal mouth from the half way line if he tried a hundred times.

Thanks a lot Jason. Best of luck in England. We should get a few hundred k for him.

I'm not sure any of our players out on loan are coming back and can see them all being sold in the summer.

Technically very good, lots of energy and is tireless. Weak though, and couldn’t kick a ball to the goal mouth from the half way line if he tried a hundred times.

Thanks a lot Jason. Best of luck in England. We should get a few hundred k for him.

His passing and first touch were terrible. He’s far from technically good.

There have been a few games this season when we would have been a better team for having him I feel.

I don't think it can be understated how much our previous managers broke a few of our players - at times tactically under Murty in particular we were a fucken shambles.

When given a defined role and purpose in the team Holt was good for us, a perfectly fine signing and adequate football player.

Just echoing whats been said. Good player, good attitude but not good enough for where we are going

At 65 grand he's more than paid that back with the first season alone

I wish him well wherever he ends up and I think anything around the £250-500k mark would be good business for someone who isnt in the managers plans

I think Docherty and Hardie will be staying.
I think if Hardie was going to stay they would've given him a longer contract as for Docherty bought in January and loaned out as soon as SG comes in and to quite a low level and now we have bought Kamara I just have a feeling Docherty won't be coming back.

Great servant and attitude. He's probably found his level as he's nowhere near the standard required for us.
I'd thank him very much and accept a nominal fee.

I think if Hardie was going to stay they would've given him a longer contract as for Docherty bought in January and loaned out as soon as SG comes in and to quite a low level and now we have bought Kamara I just have a feeling Docherty won't be coming back.

Il hope you are wrong on both counts.:)

Despite his lack of ability at our level I think we all rightly hold him in very high esteem.

An out and out professional who never hid.

He actually bossed the tramps in the 0-0 game at the Piggery about a year ago so maybe in a better team he’d step up like Halliday has but I still don’t think that team should be Rangers - that would be a step too far (high).

Playing in league one every week means he’s probably worth about £500k depending on performances but I suspect we’d take nothing as he will only have a year less come the summer.

Holt is light years behind every other midfielder who has played for us this season.

Will be lucky to get 100k for him.

Played his part but we are closer to where we belong now.

Totally agree with you

How much did we pay for windass again and he was a regular in league 2?

Jason Holt is a regular in a team mid table in league 1.

To see people say lucky to get 100k for him is just a joke.

Will no doubt leave in the summer if he isn't sold this month. Can't believe anyone would have a bad word to say against him...always tied hard & was professional. Would have probably faired better under Gerrard in a team with heart than some of the gutless teams he's been in over the past few years.

Can't believe he is only 25 though

He's playing for a better team than Doc, so unless he's out of contract in the summer, he must be worth a bit more surely?

Fleetwood are a better team than Shrewsbury?

They're are certainly above them in the table & 5 points ahead but I don't think there's too much in it personally.

Either way still has over a year left & would be worth more than we paid for him IMHO.

Part of the side that got us back to the top league, but couldn't make the step up. I'll remember him fondly enough.

No fucking way is he only 25; I would've said he was at least 30. All the best to him however, whatever happens to him next.

The wee man is an honest wee player, will run all day and give his all, but I don't think he is anywhere near the standard Gerrard is looking for in midfield. Always liked Jason tho and wish him well wherever his career takes him would like to see him get a decent move down south.

I liked Holt but he wouldn't get anywhere near our team now. He would be a good signing for any other SPFL club though.

Liked holt. Done a job at the time, but not what is required for where we are now.

His all round commitment was excellent. Just lacked on the ability aspects.

What did he cost us again? £50,00 was it?

As 'value for money' goes he certainly did the business on our way back to the top.

I liked Holt but he wouldn't get anywhere near our team now. He would be a good signing for any other SPFL club though.
Not for us or poets but otherwise yes, so hopefully Fleetwood buy him and he stays down there.

He isn’t of the level we require but he has always tried his best and behaved in a manner befitting a Ranger.

He will always be welcome back as a fan or former player.

Back