Jason Holt

I like Jason Holt as a player, but feel he has went as far as he will with us. Hopefully if/when he moves it works well for all parties.

I wouldn't mind giving him a few games to see how he does under Gerrard and a new look midfield. When he was a regular with us, there were a few times he was unplayable, and was roundly lauded on here as a future captain. If it doesn't work, all the best to him, but I'd say he's earned the right to have a crack at least.

Certainly shouldn't be any negativity towards Holt. Always gave us his best, some good performances for is in the championship, just lacks the physicality to make the next step up. All the best wherever he ends up.

Absolutely zero hard feelings towards Holt, he cost us peanuts. Done his best, got up back up to the top division. Not quite good for where we want to be, no harm in that, there's plenty of players out there that aren't good enough for us.

Always be welcomed back at Ibrox for me.

I think you'll struggle to find a bear with a bad word to say about him.

Gave it his all but I echo the sentiment on this thread, his future doesn't belong with us.

I don't think any Rangers fan will have a bad word to say about Jason Holt. Ability-wise, yeah he isn't the greatest, but did a job for us in the Championship. Always gave 100%, even in the hammerings we took off Celtic at the end of last season. If we can get any money for him, that would be good, but I see him running down his deal and going out on loan again next year.

Always gave his all. Don't think his future lies with Rangers but he's bound to come back to the SPL playing for Dundee or Aberdeen and frustrating us all with good performances for them.

I think if wee Jason had the training conditions, and by that I mean the new training staff, at his disposal, I think he would surprise us as to how good he can be.
The Gerrard Effect has been so great that players we thought were 'good triers' became Rangers players, such as Halliday and Candeias.
I'd like to see him at least getting a shot at it.

Served us well in the Championship but is a million miles away from what we need to win trophies again.

Not even as a squad player.

Wish him well, worked his socks off for us.

I wish the wee man nothing but goodwill, gave us his all, more than most of the dross in and around him back then.

Nothing but my good wishes to the wee man when he moves on and settles. An absolute gent as well, had the pleasure of meeting him after the England game at Hampden.

I met him at the Sunderland /Fleetwood game this season, great lad, and for what its worth he said he'd definately be back in the summer.

Holt is a guy who you can never say hid and certainly gave us his all but lets be honest he is never ever getting in our squad now. we have moved up a level but i wish the wee man all the best, a really good guy.

I am not defending Holt as such and we "need better" but he was a Rob Kiernan away from being a stand out player in a Scottish Cup win, and is also every bit as capable at what he does as a Bob Malcolm or Maurice Ross who won titles.

We have never been a club who wins titles with a squad drenched in super stars from 1-24...not entirely convinced a Kamara is a massive upgrade on him.

Holt is a decent player but doubt he has a future with us, I am sure there would be a few takers in the summer or he will be loaned out for another season. Think he is captaining Fleetwood, if I am not mistaken?

Can't fault his effort what so ever. He was fantastic his 1st season at us. He isnt a bad player at all but feel we have better players now and he needs to move on.

He's playing for a better team than Doc, so unless he's out of contract in the summer, he must be worth a bit more surely?

Holt turns 26 next month, has 1 year on his contract, 1 goal and 0 assists this season.

Docherty is 22, has 3 more years on his contract, 7 goals and 8 assists this season.

I'd say that's more relevant to their value than which position of the table the team they're at sits.

Holt done well in the season in the Championship playing as an attacking midfielder under Warburton and seems like a decent hard working guy. However, watching him bounce off of players in the top division was one of the most depressing sights of recent years.

We won't get a particularly high fee for him because in all honesty, he doesn't have the ability that demands one.

Always liked Holt, great energy and determination. If he has anytime on his contract there’s no harm in giving him a summer pre season. 25games by Jan is great, aiming for 45 by end of season. I’d rather have a fit Holt than a not so fit Rossiter

Holt turns 26 next month, has 1 year on his contract, 1 goal and 0 assists this season.

Docherty is 22, has 3 more years on his contract, 7 goals and 8 assists this season.

I'd say that's more relevant to their value than which position of the table the team they're at sits.

Holt done well in the season in the Championship playing as an attacking midfielder under Warburton and seems like a decent hard working guy. However, watching him bounce off of players in the top division was one of the most depressing sights of recent years.

We won't get a particularly high fee for him because in all honesty, he doesn't have the ability that demands one.

I wasn't comparing him head to head against Doc, although you are being a bit unfair on him.

He's playing in a deeper role than Greg, so the stats aren't comparable.

Imo Greg is the superior midfielder, but he'd be a far better player if he'd Holt's positional sense and ball retention ability.

Neither are good enough to get in our squad at the moment.

Maybe fleetwood will make bid for him

I hope so, he's done okay down there. Holt has lived the dream and took advantage of getting a regular game at Rangers while a player of his level was coming to the Club.

Surely if we approach Fleetwood and Ask for a fair offer, they, or another team down there will give us a decent fee. An extra £500,000 or so will go a long way to bringing in another good player. Wee Holt will continue to help the cause as he has before.

I think if wee Jason had the training conditions, and by that I mean the new training staff, at his disposal, I think he would surprise us as to how good he can be.
The Gerrard Effect has been so great that players we thought were 'good triers' became Rangers players, such as Halliday and Candeias.
I'd like to see him at least getting a shot at it.

I'd like to see him get a full pre-season in the summer to show the manager what he can do. Andy Halliday was written off by the majority on here, but he kept at it and is an important member of the squad now, a year after being sent back from Azerbaijan. Halliday's 27, so Holt at 25, if he has the same level of application, could potentially do the same. If he chooses to move on, so be it, but we shouldn't really be saying cheerio to someone who's still contracted to us, and as far as I know, hasn't been the subject of any offers to leave.

Wish him well, Holt brought a level of desire to our team when we really needed it at times and for that i will always be grateful. One of the people.

Played his part in our recovery.
We shouldn't be difficult to deal with.
Who the feck gave him a contract to 2020!! As said before a likeable wee guy who always made himself look busy without ever actually doing anything to positively influence a game.

Great attitude, always gave his all, sadly he had limited ability and is too weak.

Not good enough for Rangers but wish him all the best in the rest of his career.

Hopefully he stays in England rather than signing for some rancid Scottish club.

Never understand the criticism he gets on here - he’s nowhere near as bad technically as folk want to make out, and he’s held his own physically against much taller and stronger players.

A lot on FF have this bizarre hard on for Jordan Rossiter, but for £65,000 and a tiny wage, Jason Holt has done more for Rangers than Rossiter is ever likely to do.

Would go with my best wishes.

A likeable character who gave everything for the jersey. Wherever he ends up, he goes with my best wishes.

I like wee Holt and he's done a job for us and will have my thanks for his efforts getting us back to the Prem, but we've moved onto a whole different level now and he has no future at Rangers imo. Good luck to the wee man though.

He
How much did we pay for windass again and he was a regular in league 2?

Jason Holt is a regular in a team mid table in league 1.

To see people say lucky to get 100k for him is just a joke.
We paid about £120k for both Windass and Crooks.

If Holts level is league one then we won’t get much for him. There is no money in that league - the only ones that tend to spend are those that have been relegated from the championship.

If anything summed up the shambles of last season you only need to look at how Holt was used as he went from first choice midfielder to captain to perennial sub in the space of about three months with Murty last season.

Always liked the wee man. But you'd have to be his maw or his burd not to accept that we've now significantly upgraded the quality in midfield. Hopefully gets a good move at the end of the season and goes on to have a good career.

I wouldn't mind giving him a few games to see how he does under Gerrard and a new look midfield. When he was a regular with us, there were a few times he was unplayable, and was roundly lauded on here as a future captain. If it doesn't work, all the best to him, but I'd say he's earned the right to have a crack at least.

Never once heard or read anyone advocating him as a future captain!

He was brilliant for us in the Championship consistently. Has had a few good spells of form in premiership as well, but he certainly is nowhere near level of player we require to be starting in midfield for us. I still think he would be a decent squad player for us though.

Would he have made less of a contribution than Ovie Ejaria for example?

(Awaits the "Ejaria scored goal that got us to Europa League ")

Who the feck gave him a contract to 2020!! As said before a likeable wee guy who always made himself look busy without ever actually doing anything to positively influence a game.

He scored double figures in our championship season!

You are being extremely harsh on him.

He should’ve played in better rangers teams than he did. Always liked the wee guy and hope he has a successful career

He won't want to be sold as he'll be on decent wages here. He'll go out on loan until his contract is over in 2020. He done well for us, especially for the £65k we spent on him, but we have improved. Best of luck to him.

Jason Holt is a good footballer and a top professional. Unfortunately for him, his time at Ibrox has come and gone. He is better than any other non OF midfielder in Scotland

Back