JD removed Rangers products

Uncle Albert

Does anyone have any info on the court case. Just went on JD website there to see that they have removed all of our new products from their website

Something like this was predicted on the Heart and Hard patreon site.

That's why they just released the kits on a Friday night with next to no promotion.

Hopefully it's just a bug and not another long run of court battles. I'm sick to the back teeth of this fat slug.

Last edited:
Still for sale on the gerstoreonline.com & TBH JD had a very limited amount of stock anyway so no real difference.

I guess fatman just did not like one of his few competitors stocking our new gear when his jumble sale is stuck with a load of last season stock.

I had ordered a toddler kit on pre order on the gersstore from 15th oct the order up until yesterday was processing just checked and it's now saying complete

Have they actually been removed or is it possible they have just sold out, as I don't imagine they had a great amount of stock in the first place?

The other way to look at it is that it is encouraging they are still on our website.

I think plan b if needed would be to sell everything on that site

Shambolic to say the least.

Really? We're in a street fight with the most litigious fat f88k in retail. We successfully blindsided him with a move to shift as many shirts as possible outwith his grasp. Anecdotal evidence suggests we have sold 10s of thousands of units off the back of a very temporary platform.

I'd wait till this plays out before you start calling anyone shambolic.

Have they actually been removed or is it possible they have just sold out, as I don't imagine they had a great amount of stock in the first place?

I'm thinking this; kits are still for sale through the Gers store & JD online does have some of our merch (although no sign of this seasons)

I had ordered a toddler kit on pre order on the gersstore from 15th oct the order up until yesterday was processing just checked and it's now saying complete
I got my email about the toddler kit saying "dispatched" last night

I think the club can sell them as long is it’s not through a retailer. We seem to be selling them on our own. This may be the way round it. Just using a distributor. It makes sense. We may never see these kits on sale in the high street again or at least until this is resolved.

Rangers never advertised nor endorsed purchasing from JD Sports. We don't even know how JD Sports got the limited stocks of kit that they had.

thegersstoreonline is the only outlet promoted by Rangers for buying the kit. It is still selling the kit, ergo there can be no injunction in place (as yet).

There may be numerous reasons for the lack of kit advertised by JD Sports. Maybe their source/supplier simply cannot source any more stock for them. Maybe (unlikely I know) Rangers or Hummel have moved to stop them selling.

Lets not automatically jump to any conclusions about an injunction though - when it clearly isn't the case given the ongoing sales via Rangers.

If you want to buy, use the official source. Non-personalised kit, it would seem, is now being turned around in 24-48 hours now they've cleared most of the backlog.

It’s a deliberate act of sabotage from SD, who are attempting to stop us from having a retail department.

They don’t want a deal that works for both parties, and don’t want us working with an another retailer.

I know who I’m backing in this fight.

And it’s not the fat greedy c.un.t from SD.
When will this corruption cretin ever be brought to account. Clearly put a spanner in the works,surely he's in breach,if he's not prepared to offer the same conditions as JD then I'd say Rangers have a case against him for another malpractice. How he can get away with so many is beyond me,he must have Newcastle tied to all sorts of shadey deals,regardless whether he sells up or not.

Best way to find out is for anyone who pre-ordered training gear from JD to phone/email their CSD and ask what the script is.

Best way to find out is for anyone who pre-ordered training gear from JD to phone/email their CSD and ask what the script is.
I preordered some training gear on Monday. Got a text message about an hour later saying it had been picked and was working its way through the warehouse. Not had anything since. Will chase up now...

Didn't bother following up so far as I believed the release date was next Monday.

Something like this was predicted on the Heart and Hard patreon site.

That's why he just released the kits on a Friday night with next to no promotion.

Hopefully it's just a bug and not another long run of court battles. I'm sick to the back teeth of this fat slug.
same mate it's a joke I'd imagine the club have made a few quid already by sales so that's always good

It appears JD have already taken the money from my account for the training stuff I ordered. I didn't think they would be able to do that until it was despatched...

I ordered grandson the long sleeved training top online on mon night from JD’s. Just collected it at store in the forge an hour ago. No problems. They had one large short sleeve training top on sale in store too.

It appears JD have already taken the money from my account for the training stuff I ordered. I didn't think they would be able to do that until it was despatched...
I bought one
when I ordered training top on mon night cash got taken straight away. I choose to collect in store. Had texts and emails since telling me of progress. Collected an hour ago. No problems.

I think the club can sell them as long is it’s not through a retailer. We seem to be selling them on our own. This may be the way round it. Just using a distributor. It makes sense. We may never see these kits on sale in the high street again or at least until this is resolved.

Without finger pointing and being in full possession of the in's and out's of the ongoing dispute THAT particular point IS a shambles.

Back