Jean-Pierre Nsame Young Boys Striker

They sold a couple of key players last season for around £8m, I can’t see their value being much less than that

He's not been playing for the national team after he was dropped. Said he would consider returning. 2 caps to date so.migjt not have to worry about the AFCON should he sign?

They sold a couple of key players last season for around £8m, I can’t see their value being much less than that
Mbabu and Sow were quite a bit younger too. Still, they are not selling a striker with a 1:1 goals to game ratio for anything in our budget IMO. I'd happily be wrong but I seriously doubt it.

I think we need two- a ‘poacher’ and a ‘bully’.
A bit of a Cousin/Darcheville combo would be ace.
The Cameroonian Kris Boyd?

All he does is tap it in.

A lot of composed one touch finishes.

Don't imagine his all round game would come close to Morelos but in terms of finishing he may be a cut above?

I know his stats are good but I was at the game in Berne and I distinctly remember thinking that their forward line was very average.

(I know they beat us and it was only one game but it was two shocking mistakes by Tav and Shagger, our centre-half really weren't troubled all evening).

I was at that game too and also thought our central defenders had a very comfortable evening.

However, his stats do look excellent.

I know our board were in contact with Young Boys about their hospitality, which our team are using for inspiration for the new hospitality packages, since our meeting so there could be a positive working relationship there.
Yeah, not surprised we're looking at replicating a lot of aspects from their full length stand hospitality lounge, probably the best I've ever been in.

Last edited:
His scoring record is good but against us in Switzerland he didn't stand out compared to his teammates he missed a sitter I'm sure

His goalscoring record is great, but I’m a bit wary that the Swiss league is a pretty woeful standard outside Young Boys and Basel.

Having a look at the top scorers there in recent seasons and there’s few recognisable names. He also didn’t impress in our games against them.

That said, the Swiss league can’t be worse than the SPFL, so he’ll still probably bang them in domestically which we need.

His goalscoring record is great, but I’m a bit wary that the Swiss league is a pretty woeful standard outside Young Boys and Basel.

Having a look at the top scorers there in recent seasons and there’s few recognisable names. He also didn’t impress in our games against them.

That said, the Swiss league can’t be worse than the SPFL, so he’ll still probably bang them in domestically which we need.
No question the Swiss league is better than ours albeit mentally challengeds and us.

if the price is true, then we'd be mad no to go for him, we'll no find much better for that price I don't think, from what I've seen he looks very effective, the league he plays in is better than ours, alright he'll have to adapt to scottish football, but like I say, his price is very tempting

Don't have to take my word for it the first 20 seconds shows it he might be a world beater who had an off night so I wouldn't write him off but shows he still has errors in his game

The first 40 seconds highlights how good Morelos is. Nsame misses a sitter, Morelos bullies the defender and slots home with composure.

Should have had a penalty.

Defending at both goals was pathetic.

Shit league let's be fair he's got an exotic name so immediately has more credibility than Chris Martin on here (who I don't want btw)

We have no idea if he is a genuine target or just made up nonsense, but his goal scoring record is very impressive recently.
My only concern would be, can he play up on his own, make the ball stick, bully defenders and bring others in to play?
As that is what we need playing one up top.

We want to be a bit careful with players from African nations, when that cup comes up its our mid season and off they go to play in that.

Can’t remember him from our games. Excellent goalscoring record mind you. Something like him or Roofe and a younger player like Maja to replace Morelos would be ideal.

Shit league let's be fair he's got an exotic name so immediately has more credibility than Chris Martin on here (who I don't want btw)

Nothing to do with his impressive goalscoring record or the younger age then or the fact that most of us already know that Martin is very ordinary.

I don’t think Scottish football fans are in any position to be calling other leagues shit either. If you can score goals consistently in Switzerland’s top league I should think that’s transferable to the Scottish league.

Back