Jean-Pierre Nsame Young Boys Striker

We have no idea if he is a genuine target or just made up nonsense, but his goal scoring record is very impressive recently.
My only concern would be, can he play up on his own, make the ball stick, bully defenders and bring others in to play?
As that is what we need playing one up top.

Concerns about Nsame who's numbers are good but positive about Zungu? How come BB?

Shady past maybe a reason he is going cheap?

This is from when he played 1 game as a trialist for Walsall:

The striker, who was born in Cameroon but has played most of his football in France, featured for the Saddlers in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Norwich on Saturday.

Following the game, reports emerged that the 23-year-old was once arrested on suspicion of shaking his five-month old baby.

But the Express & Star understands Nsamé was never charged and is free to continue with his football career.

Nevertheless, Walsall have decided to end their interest in the forward, with a club spokesman confirming they were disappointed in both the player and his agent for not disclosing his past.

Nothing to do with his impressive goalscoring record or the younger age then or the fact that most of us already know that Martin is very ordinary.

I don’t think Scottish football fans are in any position to be calling other leagues shit either. If you can score goals consistently in Switzerland’s top league I should think that’s transferable to the Scottish league.
Like Scott McDonald and Boyd scoring under half the goals Martin regularly gets in Englands 2nd tier, works both ways for me.

Like Scott McDonald and Boyd scoring under half the goals Martin regularly gets in Englands 2nd tier, works both ways for me.

Boyd was only down there for 5 mins and probably has a similar record to Martin if you were to extrapolate his goalscoring record. Looks like Boyd scored about 1 in 3. No idea about McDonald. Not that it matters, I don’t judge football purely by numbers. Martin is ordinary and the wrong side of 30. This other boy is unknown but with a very interesting record. If he were to be identified by the scouting dept you’ve got to take that.

The Swiss season finishes on the 3rd August hopefully by mid next week we will know more of this or if the link is genuine.

People on twitter etc saying if we were after him we would realistically be looking at spending all the potential Morelos money on him

So a no go

Concerns about Nsame who's numbers are good but positive about Zungu? How come BB?
I mentioned his numbers are good, it's a big positive. I'm just wondering what he would be like playing up front on his own?
A lazy comparison would be, is he like a Boyd that needs someone to play off him or is he good on his own?
I've only seen a short Youtube clip so have no idea.

So a team we couldn’t beat at all over two games and a team that also beat Juventus a few years ago in champions league have st Mirren level players?

Worst opinion ever on this forum, easily.
That was my opinion. We beat far better teams than YBB.I thought they had some very poor players.

I would be very happy with this signing. Fits the bill. %^*& yer sell on value for important players. Get them in their peak years.

He's got good movement. That's a number of times he's pulled out wide and forced the opponent to commit himself - won a few freekicks out there.

For me, this guy is the upgrade on Defoe.
1 more striker in the ‘bully’ role and we are cooking with gas!

Liking this rumour from a stats point. 3/3 on pens, league top scorer for the title winning side, won the most pens and averages most shots per game, more exciting than some of the others mentioned

League ends on Monday where they play the team who came runner up, celebrate Monday then straight into Glasgow for St Mirren game, get to it Ross Wilson

Sorry but what’s the fascination with this guy, a couple of good seasons, failed trial and Walsall at 23, is it the fancy name, can guarantee half the people haven’t watched him play

Folk will need to remember we simply cannot afford to replace like for like.

We are shopping for the Morelos of 3 years ago again. We then need to develop him to make us better and him. We then go through this process again.

Another Morelos, that costs us £20m.

Sorry but what’s the fascination with this guy, a couple of good seasons, failed trial and Walsall at 23, is it the fancy name, can guarantee half the people haven’t watched him play
Yep.

I’m sure we’re put off by his trial at Walsall even though he’s scoring regularly at a much higher level now and playing European football.

The fascination is clearly with his brilliant goalscoring record at a good level rather than his name, though it is considerably nicer than ‘Dykes’.

His failed trial at Walsall was not for footballing reasons although the club should definitely be looking into the concerning reason that Walsall ended his trial if we are seriously interested.

Last edited:
Shady past maybe a reason he is going cheap?

This is from when he played 1 game as a trialist for Walsall:

The striker, who was born in Cameroon but has played most of his football in France, featured for the Saddlers in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Norwich on Saturday.

Following the game, reports emerged that the 23-year-old was once arrested on suspicion of shaking his five-month old baby.

But the Express & Star understands Nsamé was never charged and is free to continue with his football career.

Nevertheless, Walsall have decided to end their interest in the forward, with a club spokesman confirming they were disappointed in both the player and his agent for not disclosing his past.

If there is anything in this then I’d rather we avoided him.

Aye I don't care if he has scored 36 in 41 in a league better than ours, Walsall didn't want him so he must be pish!!!

Away ye go

I watched him last night. Mixed game.

He missed a great opportunity you'd expect a striker to bury and his overall shooting was a bit wayward. Passing was quite poor too. I see his shooting accuracy was down to 33%.

Good strength, movement and link up. He was peeling out wide (right side) on a number of occassions. Causing Sion problems and winning fouls in wider areas.

Aerial, much like Morelos. Won a few, lost out on a few more than he won.

Held the ball up edge of the box, turned his man and slipped a ball to Aesiber (or whatnever the boy is called) who placed it straight at the keeper.

Should really have had a goal and an assist.

The guy has been consistently prolific since 16/17 season and he’s got 7 goals in his last 6 including a hat trick.

Perfect age (27) and profile. Yes please.

So a team we couldn’t beat at all over two games and a team that also beat Juventus a few years ago in champions league have st Mirren level players?

Worst opinion ever on this forum, easily.

I thought they were at the same level as celtic and surprisingly direct for a European team

You could see why they have been successful in recent years

Out with Leverkusen, comfortably the best side we faced in the EL

Back