Jermain Defoe expected to leave at the end of the season (Ibrox Loyal)

Could be a load of shite but I saw it and thought I'd share.

"Jermain Defoe expected to leave Rangers at the end of the season.

The 38 year old is apparently not ready to retire yet, and wants to keep on playing, but as Rangers look to wrap up the title and improve going forward, it looks like there isn't playing plans for Defoe at Ibrox.

Many thought the striker would move into a coaching role at Ibrox once he called it quits on his playing career, but he doesn't want to give up just yet.

The player is now free to speak to other clubs."

Looks like guesswork to me.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong!

If he goes he goes as a title winner and with my best wishes. I am sure he will do a good job elsewhere if true. Not sure what sort of wages he is on or who would replace him. I like that the strikers are all different types though not many we sign will have his career or level of experience.

Here's Jermain talking about his exclusive relationship with Ibrox Loyal. For those not too great at lip reading this is whaty he's saying: (Note than on hearing the name Ibrox Loyal, Borna bolts)

"Yeah, I decided to go to Ibrox Loyal to give them the exclusive on my next career move. I have always found their work on their facebook account to be absolutely professional and groundbreaking. I am also hoping to enter into a relationship with Ibrox Noise soon as another one of my media partners"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That is pure guesswork from them, but probably close to the truth.

If he retires I can see him wanting to be back down in London coaching with his family rather than here. It's hard for these guys who have their family down south and haven't really been able to see them that often.

He is pure class and glad he will finally get a winners medal.

Fair play to him if he wants to keep playing as he in unfortunately just a tad below the level we need on the park currently. I think Defoe's signing was a master stroke from Gerrard in terms of setting the standards off the park. Our players have had the benefit of seeing the levels required to have the kind of career Defoe had.

Ibrox loyal is a wee fanny that always spouts shite.
He just tries some guesswork in the hope he will get it right one day .
He had Zungu left the club the other day with his contract ripped up.
A few hours later Zungu was on apologising with the rest of the lads

Probably an educated guess. I would say it was 85% chance he would leave time is catching up with him and he maybes feels he can play 20+ games a season which he won't get with us next season.

No surprise here on this. He’s actually the highest paid player at the club (from my understanding), and he’s going to be leaving as a winner! Been a great signing from the club and he’s been great for our brand.

Hopefully when the lad retires he could return in a coaching role. I love his mature and sensible attitude and I feel he has a lot to give any club. Great that he still wants to play football and he should do this as long as possible but I think he would make a remarkable coach.

I think he could still do a good shift for the smaller teams who player better football in the SPL e.g. St Johnstone or Livingston.

Not sure they could meet his wage demands, but maybe he just wants to play football and would go there for a small wage.

I just love Defoe, wish he had more game time this season, but suppose our Stevie G knows a lot more about football than me. Desperate for him to bag a few goals in the last few game to finish off his rangers career in style. He is a total professional, just wish we got him in his early 30's. If true, good luck jermaine, you will be welcomed back to Ibrox with open arms anytime!!

A true professional. Whilst I would prefer him to stay and coach, I respect his desire to continue playing and wish him all the very best wherever he goes.....with one exception! :)

I hope folk remember this when the truth comes out. Ibrox loyal making up stories hoping they're right. Stupid behaviour

I can kind of see why. He's been great for us but it's clear he's not in the long term plans.

I'm glad we gave him his first ever league trophy and I kind of hope he gets offered a role in the club. I'm positive if he does something like coaching he'd be great at it.

That said: It's hearsay so we'll see I guess.

Not sure on this one , he still gets game time at rangers and a big part of the reason his lack of game time this season has been down to the fact he's been injured a few times since January last year

Seems fairly clear his age is starting to catch up with him given how much he's getting injured over the past season and a half. While he can still do a job for smaller teams, the extra workload risks getting injured even more. He's a smart guy in not sure he'd want to risk the trail end of his career being plagued with injuries

He'll get a new contract for next season that's a bit of a player coach contract rather than just player imo

It's nonsense. He is still fit enough to play his part as a 4th choice striker. By all accounts he enjoys it here.
Agree 100%, but I'd imagine the club wont be prepared to pay his current wages on a 4th choice striker. I think he'd have to take another huge pay cut to bag a new deal.

Top bloke. All the best for the future Jermaine, whatever you do and wherever you decide to do it.

To be honest, he probably could still be playing more games and scoring goals at another club and if he feels that its right for him to go elsewhere, get some more game time before he retires then he will go with my best wishes.

What he does for our club on and off the pitch, he's just a class act and a fine example of a professional footballer.

If he leaves this season then it will be with a league winners medal and lots of great memories too. He is an absolute gentleman and someone a lot of players look up to I just hope he gets some more game time between now and end of season and rattles in a goal or two.

What a player and what a human being.

If he leaves he will leave a champion and done his part in us getting 55 this season.

He is a class act I only wish like he does that he came when he was a bit younger.

Back