Jermain Defoe's Rangers commitment as incredible wage cut revealed- Record

At this stage if his career I doubt he's playing for the money, hopefully he'll bag one today.

65 % wage hit.....pure guesswork. No doubt his wages have dropped but how often does the chance to play for the famous come along. Great player.

The fact that his family is settled will be a huge factor for him staying with us but, I also think that we have promised to help him with coaching badges etc to help him when he eventually does retire from the game

Its a massive plus for us to have someone that can be such a influence on younger players...

I cannot wait to see him dancing about picking up scalfs & flags when lift 55 i can see his big smile already

He’ll join our coaching staff and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a sweetener in the contract that promises this once his playing career is over.

He was always always going to have to take a massive pay cut but that shows his determination. Pretty sure though,when Mailsport understands, Mailsport plucks figures out of thin air.

See that’s my concern. Ross Wilson and Waddell are big mates and I would hate to think that c unt would be getting leaked info.

good sign as he definitely wants to be here. it is likely however he`d have had to take a wage cut whoever he`d signed for.

“I’m delighted, my family are happy and to have an opportunity to play for this club is special.”
he ticks all the boxes for me

As big a signing as well make for next season.

Could skate it up here for a good few years.

The fact is he wasn’t going to get the type of money he is on at Bournemouth. So the real story is the difference with what others were offering and us . It may be 5-10k per week and that is not as big a drop .

So much man love for Defoe, he offers so much on and off the park. Love the fact that he is here for all the right reasons and has bought into the club. He gets it and will contribute in getting us back to winning leagues, starting with this season!

Rangers are like a drug and like any other drug its addictive. Defoe is an addict.. F##king love the guy.. Good player and he seems like a top bloke.

Good news. I was a bit worried he may be leaving what with all recent rumours. A true blue professional who will have a great positive influence on the rest of the squad.

I caught myself feeling a bit blasé about this, absolutely taking signing Defoe up for granted. This is fantastic news, he is our player now! Even only for another year or 18 months, he is fully associated.
An absolute gem, thank %^*& for Steven Gerrard!

I agree mate, but somehow that's been sneaked into the narrative these days. Look no further than that dickhead McLean down south to see what's happened.

Fair play to Defoe. Nice to see money ain`t everything now for him and the opportunity to be part of something special.
Hopefully he`ll partying on the streets with us come May !

what the hell you talking about. I don’t know anyone who thinks we have a racist following.
I dont think we have a racist following and never have. my post was done with sarcasm. For our resident lurkers especially.

Maybe you've never heard of it, but I have. uefa punished rangers for racist chanting, so they obviously think so too.

Unfortunately these days even being anti ira, means being accused of sectarian bigotry, this is now getting thrown together with racism.

I'm extremely grateful to Defoe for signing with us and taking a pay cut at the same time. By doing this he has given the club a fantastic endorsement in every way.

Back