Jermain Defoe's Rangers commitment as incredible wage cut revealed- Record

It really is a joy to behold the buy in that Gerrard has been able to get from this squad.

On a different note, I hope this article isn't a sign of Waddell being fed lines from the club via Ross Wilson. Waddell has been an utter prick in every article published about us for years and should get nothing.

How has Defoe taken a wage cut? Out of contract with Bournemouth at end of season & we agree a pre contract with him. Contract mutually agreed with both sides. Bournemouth stop paying him & we then pay the contract agreed.

He will get it all back plus interest in medals, love, respect and Champions League bonuses :))

How has Defoe taken a wage cut? Out of contract with Bournemouth at end of season & we agree a pre contract with him. Contract mutually agreed with both sides. Bournemouth stop paying him & we then pay the contract agreed.

The point is though that what we're paying him for the extra year is nowhere near what he was on at Bounemouth and apparently there were other English teams interestd6in him and willing to pay more.

Brilliant from JD and how great is it that a proper class act like JD had taken this club to his heart? Couldn't agree more with Gerrard when he says that the wee man deserves a trophy or six to see out his career, what a fitting end that would be.

Never seen so much shite in the one post in all my life.
What's your problem? Did you not see the post earlier that the guy was saying that people in his work who aren't even into football, think rangers fans are shaven headed racist bigots. That's the way our fans have been portrayed in this country and the point I was making is that this signing proves that to be bull. No one would take a pay cut to stay in that kind of environment.

your welcome

He is the consummate professional and better still he is an amazing human being. His interaction with Bradley singled him out as someone who understands life outside football and money. We are lucky to have him and he appreciates being here. A class that extends throughout our team structure right now.

I am glad about this. For me, more than anything, it speaks volumes about the man. In This day and age it shows what what his morals and values are. He was wee Bradley Lowrie's hero and made time for him in his dying days. ( God bless his soul).
He is getting on in age but has the determination and focus to keep himself in tip top shape. His record for us is astounding. He will score goals. Important goals. Match winning goals. He is the standard that younger players should aspire to. A gentleman too. I always have time for those who have dignity. No matter what faith, creed or colour you are.

I wasn’t sure about Gerrard at first just because it felt totally left field but you can see the effect he has on signings. Professionals would run through walls to come play for him. There are so many footballers you think that guy is a total dick, but someone like Jermaine just seems like a total top bloke.

What's your problem? Did you not see the post earlier that the guy was saying that people in his work who aren't even into football, think rangers fans are shaven headed racist bigots. That's the way our fans have been portrayed in this country and the point I was making is that this signing proves that to be bull. No one would take a pay cut to stay in that kind of environment.

your welcome
you're*

Sorry. :D

I wasn’t sure about Gerrard at first just because it felt totally left field but you can see the effect he has on signings. Professionals would run through walls to come play for him. There are so many footballers you think that guy is a total dick, but someone like Jermaine just seems like a total top bloke.
Whilst I don't disagree with you about the attraction of playing for Stevie G, I think a few people are selling the club short. We have always had this type of effect on most players. "The Rangers Effect" as some said earlier.

Yes, I'm sure Gerrard was instrumental in him coming up here, but Rangers Football Club (which includes the fans) is the reason he's so happy and willing to commit. He's got the bug.

By the way, Steven Gerrard has it too!!

I read your reply to my post and my point stands. We have never been known for being a racist support, to quote some random mentally challenged in some guys work is bullshit.
You must stay in feckin Greenland then. Wether you like it or not that's the way we've been portrayed in this country. We know we're not, but they have successfully played the irish racism card and thrown us in with all the rest that goes with it.

We were punished by UEFA for racist chanting, what more proof do you need. That's the effect this is having on us. I couldn't give a shit what the mentally challengeds think, but when rangers are on the front pages of papers for it, that's the way people who dont give a shit about football see it.

The next time I get accused of being some kind of neo nazi, which I have been, I'll have a good answer for them.

Whilst I don't disagree with you about the attraction of playing for Stevie G, I think a few people are selling the club short. We have always had this type of effect on most players. "The Rangers Effect" as some said earlier.

Agreed but not sure they would have signed for Caixinha, or Murty.

Yes, I'm sure Gerrard was instrumental in him coming up here, but Rangers Football Club (which includes the fans) is the reason he's so happy and willing to commit. He's got the bug.

By the way, Steven Gerrard has it too!!

Really refreshing to read about a player who is more interested in playing football and being able to progress with his coaching and not driven by money and realising that he is at a club where he is adored and has a bond with the fans

If anyone had said to me back when Murty was doing a headstand at the pitchside that within a few years we would have Steven Gerrard, Gary Mac, Jermaine Defoe, Shagger, and Davis at the club i'd have told them to f@ck off back to whatever planet they came from but what an exciting time to be a bear.

I quite believe he's had to take a cut, but when you've got loads, it disnae really matter. He obviously recognises he's in the best place, can contribute & believes in our future. A privilege to have him at our club. Thank you Jermain.

He has a great attitude and im sure has a few pound in his pocket which has allowed him to make the decision without too much worry about the pay although im sure he still wanted paid fairly

He was always always going to have to take a massive pay cut but that shows his determination. Pretty sure though,when Mailsport understands, Mailsport plucks figures out of thin air.

Its a privilege to have a player of Jermain‘s quality at our club. hopefully we will reward his loyalty and commitment with some trophies.

In this day and age of money, self centred me.me.me.com Z list celebrity bullshit, we have a a man who is 100% genuine in what he believes in and loves.

Jermaine Defoe has restored my faith in humanity in not chasing money etc. He has done almost everything in the game and prior to joining us, I would say every football fan had an admiration for him as to how he has conducted himself as a professional and caring for those less fortunate than himself. The wage cut exemplifies this.

He is a fabulous human being with so much dignity and respect for others, the shameful bastards that are Sutton, Hartson, Walker et al should look at this man and his behaviour and be monumentally ashamed of themselves and their behaviour towards fellow professionals and human beings, in particular Alfredo Morelos.

Back