Jermain Defoe's Rangers commitment as incredible wage cut revealed- Record

If anyone had said to me back when Murty was doing a headstand at the pitchside that within a few years we would have Steven Gerrard, Gary Mac, Jermaine Defoe, Shagger, and Davis at the club i'd have told them to f@ck off back to whatever planet they came from but what an exciting time to be a bear.
The turnaround has been amazing. The names and young talent coming to the club, some of the biggest names of recent Premiership history on our staff, Alfie's goals putting us on the map in Europe. Upward trajectory for sure, but needs to be capped with a Trophy or two. By God, this team and staff deserve it.

We are the People, as Jermaine would say:D

BTW wages are his business nobody else’s don’t know why it’s being brought up. He’s no daft boy so himself and his agent will have thought it through.

It’s great to hear he will be our player next season.

could well turn a few heads of other players down south at similar stage in their careers too...

Great stuff! Nice to hear his family are happy too as the reason he left Toronto was reportedly as his mom was homesick. I don't know if his family are with him in Glasgow, or he's commuting, but great news whatever the case. He's a tremendous back up for Alfie. I just wish that we'd play him with a partner, either when he starts or we bring him on as a sub. Most times a double sub is possible and I think we'd get even more out of him if he wasn't asked to play the sole striker role. He isn't as physical as Alfie, and if we could get Ojo or Stewart doing the spade work for him I fancy his goal tally would go through the roof. Undoubtbly 4-3-3 is our best option when Alfredo is in the side, but the games hes out, or when we just. can't find a goal, I don't see why we can't. change formation and go two through the middle.

Rangers were supposedly paying £15k per week for the duration of his loan contract with Bournemouth paying the rest. If we've secured him for that kind of outlay, given that it's hard to see him being anything other than guaranteed goals, then that's great business. Especially given that Alfie is probably leaving in the summer, it's great to still have a goalscorer here.

Not a chance we are paying that. Assumed wage is 70k, if true we are looking at 24k. Personally I can’t see us paying that much. The wee man is here for 55 & 56.
You might well be right. Am I correct in thinking he only has a single medal from his time at Spurs?

He's an increasingly rare breed in the modern game. A club like ours will always appeal to a player like him, for all the talent he has he's barely got a trophy to his name and that will motivate him more than money. We're also the biggest club he's played for by a distance. Absolute pro.

You must stay in feckin Greenland then. Wether you like it or not that's the way we've been portrayed in this country. We know we're not, but they have successfully played the irish racism card and thrown us in with all the rest that goes with it.

We were punished by UEFA for racist chanting, what more proof do you need. That's the effect this is having on us. I couldn't give a shit what the mentally challengeds think, but when rangers are on the front pages of papers for it, that's the way people who dont give a shit about football see it.

The next time I get accused of being some kind of neo nazi, which I have been, I'll have a good answer for them.

How can you possibly have Irish racism? They are not a fecking race. Not having a dig at you mate, just the general media.

You must stay in feckin Greenland then. Wether you like it or not that's the way we've been portrayed in this country. We know we're not, but they have successfully played the irish racism card and thrown us in with all the rest that goes with it.

We were punished by UEFA for racist chanting, what more proof do you need. That's the effect this is having on us. I couldn't give a shit what the mentally challengeds think, but when rangers are on the front pages of papers for it, that's the way people who dont give a shit about football see it.

The next time I get accused of being some kind of neo nazi, which I have been, I'll have a good answer for them.

How can you possibly have Irish racism? They are not a fecking race. Not having a dig at you mate, just the general media.

I have a friend who's mate is on the board at Bournemouth.
I asked him last year what Defoes financial situation was and was told he was on £85k/week.
When he came to Rangers, Bournemouth were picking up £60k/week of the deal.

Defoe could bang in goals for another 4 years in this toxic backwater.diffrence is we strive for greatness.we evolve every window,defoe is a class signing for 1 more year.

That’s great news, a model professional and an inspiring individual.
How he conducted himself with Bradley Lowery shows his class.

Superb. Hats off to Defoe, a consummate professional. Hopefully he gets into a bit of coaching with us.

His attitude to the game is second to none. I spoke to some Sunderland fans I work with and they would love to have seen him go back there where he was also idolised.

The guy is a total Pro, this is excellent news. Hes still got plenty goals in him and a top role model for the younger players coming through. Well done Defoe, and well done Rangers!

Delighted he's signed a new contract

His signing should be a model for potential future signings too as we aim to strike a balance between hungry young players with potentially huge sell on fees mixed with experienced senior pro's looking to cap off their careers with silverware and the crowds we draw.

Great business

He seems to have a big influence off the park too , maybe he will stay in some capacity when he retires.

Am sure he doesn’t need the money. Knows he’s near the end and will be a great man to have around the club hopefully for few years to come

Great to have him on a permanent deal. He knows he’s got a huge opportunity to help us get 55 and stop them.

Defoe will has made his money and will no doubt have been smart with it, a chance to create some history at a club like ours is a no brainier at this stage of his career

A great professional, just be tremendous having him in dressing room
Well done jermaine, bring 55 home

Great to see players obviously buying into Gerrard and his teams tactics, spirit. Be good to see him with a league medal around his neck this and next year.

The guy doesn't care about money he just loves playing the game and getting to coached by once of England's all time greats

The ultimate professional. To have him stay at the club is great news. He must be a true inspiration to the youngsters

Age aside, he's a superb professional, and even getting him for these two years has been great.

He's shown he's a predator in the box still, get him service and he'll score.

65% wage cut to play for the most successful club in the world, shows he's dedicated and loves The Rangers.

Back