Jermaine Defoe Twitter

He’s a class act and someone who I hope is involved with the club for many years to come as he has so much to offer.

Surprised that he has only won the one honour in his career so far. Let’s hope he adds 3 to that total this season.

Yes, it is a real uplift when a hugely respected bloke like Defoe speaks so well about our club. Another guy who also played at the highest level and loved his time at Rangers was Ray Wilkins. Defoe and Wilkins, two good men who knew what they were talking about.

He may not play regularly in what’s likely to be his final year with us but I’ll tell you what, having him around the club brings so much more. A fantastic pro that every single player be it youth right up to first team, can Learn from.
In that statement, "...brings so much more" lies the reason JD should be at the club forever more, even if as part of the foundations of an expansion (...long term obviously). He is everything positive, professional and just goddam great about "our club". A true ambassador.

Fella"s a vegan and teetotaler. o_O Can still contribute on the pitch, but the youths and even Aribo, Roofe et al look up to this guy. Coaching career probably beckons for this guy. Hopefully at Auchenhowie. Imagine young boys with mum and dad in tow, meeting a guy like Defoe, who's gonna look after your lad, and mould him. Canny buy stuff like that.

Would love him to take a coaching role at the end off this season, he loves it here.

Class anytime he speaks.. future manager?

Would love him to take a coaching role at the end off this season, he loves it here.

Class anytime he speaks.. future manager?

I wouldn’t mind if he took on more of a coaching role with the option of replacing Gerrard if and when he goes.

Yes, it is a real uplift when a hugely respected bloke like Defoe speaks so well about our club.

100%

For me it’s as much to do with his achievements off the pitch as of on it.

His relationship with Bradley Lowery and the journey that set them on would surely bring a tear to a glass eye.

Always says the correct things at the correct time.

Seems very genuine in being delighted to be here and I love that.

One of my most memorable games of last season was 5-1 Hamilton.

My mate’s two sons (he’s originally London West Ham but lived up here for years) had become big Rangers fans so we took them to this match.

Broomloan Rear Family section, great view, sunny day, Defoe hatrick ...superb.

"our club"

Swoooon

An absolute credit to us

He gets it,bet any money,he wishes he came when he was younger.in Defoe's case,or any top english striker,they are good when come up but there best are behind them,they see our fans,our stadium,traning ground and world rep,not altering there history before they came,but they must think...f@$$ me,should have been here 5 year ago.

JD may only be a bit part player for us this year...But I’m hoping the Rangers board are thinking long term what Jermain can do for us on and off the training ground.

When I was working in Newcastle a few years ago JDs bond with the young 6 year old Sunderland fan who was dying of cancer was a thing of beauty, his genuine compassion for the poor kid Bradley who bravely fought the horrible disease right up to the end was highly respected by Geordies and Mackams. He was devastated when the poor wee boy died and got his name tattooed on his arm. The man is a class act on and off the pitch.

JD may only be a bit part player for us this year...But I’m hoping the Rangers board are thinking long term what Jermain can do for us on and off the training ground.
He'll be more than bit part he'll rack them up again mark my words.

Our problem we had with him was that we always go Morelos up front, who can play that role fine but JD is best when playing off someone. Although even on his own he's still scored some belters. Guy is just a born goalscorer

I am glad to have the guy aboard. Massive respect for him as a player through his career. Loved having him here as a Ranger.

"our club"

Swoooon

An absolute credit to us

Jermain Defoe, simply a class act. And like many in such circumstances before, a credit to our club and a Ranger for life now.

Interesting that the next thread thread to this one with only an hour or so longer on the board has quite a few more posts in it. Scumbag Griffiths, covid19 protocol, birthday parties and trolling insta stories about the pondlife leech. Go figure.

Meantime, take a bow JD, and thank you.

Completely agree. I wonder if it's too late for someone like Defoe to have a word with Kai Kennedy and try and convince him he should have a future at our club.
When I wrote my couple of lines he is exactly who I was thinking about but I didn’t want to turn the thread into a “get into Kai” pile on.I wish we had got Jermaine 5 years younger.

Tell him tae get aff the crest. Everytime I go into the shop or even Ibrox itself I never stand on the crest.

:cool::cool::cool:

Back