Jesse Lingard

Mr_Miscellaneous

I used to go on his reputation of being complete crap and doesn't do anything.

When I watched him in the two or so games he had at the end of last season for Manchester United you realise that his movement off the ball is very, very good and that he can bring other players into the game well.

That might have been a one-off, but when you consider how they are pissing about trying to sign a right winger and are playing Daniel "Runs into the first defender and falls over" James against organised defences in the meantime, it does make you wonder why he can't get into that side.

The GOAT

He personifies everything that is wrong with Man Utd.

Years ago a player with his limited abilities, who came through the system at Old Trafford, would be deemed surplus to requirements and now playing for some mid-table League 1 outfit.

Today however, he is often in their starting XI.

He has no obvious strengths - not a great passer, not a great goal-scorer, not got any great vision, weak-minded mentality.

If Keane was in that dressing room, he'd have left him in hospital by now.

Kit_

He seems an alright lad especially in this video. He's just always been horrendously overrated and should be in a bottom-mid table side or the championship.

Mr_Miscellaneous

He personifies everything that is wrong with Man Utd.

Years ago a player with his limited abilities, who came through the system at Old Trafford, would be deemed surplus to requirements and now playing for some mid-table League 1 outfit.

Today however, he is often in their starting XI.

He has no obvious strengths - not a great passer, not a great goal-scorer, not got any great vision, weak-minded mentality.

If Keane was in that dressing room, he'd have left him in hospital by now.

I disagree, Ferguson had the capability to take limited, mediocre players that came through his academy set-up, wring all of the talent and effort out of them to deliver title after title before they would move onto another Premier League side.

He's a lot better than some of the dross he integrated into a title churning behemoth.

Gameboy

For money ball and stats fans, he has high impressive stats.

Although you would need to remove last season due his personal issue that affect him.

Blueface

Really hope this is a wind up! Lingard is a dreadful player and should be no where near Spurs!

I can see Ali leaving as Jose clearly doesnt like him, he seems to have regressed lately which is a shame. Looks to have the arrogance and lazy attitude of most young players.
Dele Ali's attitude is no different from a spoiled brat. You can tell from the All or Nothing series. Jose called him out big time - recognized his talent but said he didn't have the mentality to maintain and perform consistently at a high level. Jlingz in the same bracket so would be really odd for Jose to want him as part of his project

Sutton_Blows_goats

Hes one of those guys who has ability but you dont know where to fit him into a team because wherever you try him it just doesnt work.

Plus he seems to be more interested in selling tat.

Punpun

Don’t agree with the talk he is horrible, but he isn’t a great footballer for sure. Did Mourinho get much out of him when he managed him?
Pretty sure he scored the winning goal in a cup final for Mourinho

He was certainly a regular starter

JW1988

Delle Ali supposed to be moving.

I know who id rather have in the squad of it was one or the other. Think he's fell out with Mourinho
Ali is a horrible, rat faced, probably has tarrier leanings scumbag!
dirty wee lady's front bottom and whinges like a bitch any time he’s touched.
Don’t think I’ve hated a player that didn’t play for Celtic as much as him

Portrushbear

Tottenham reportedly interested in buying him with anything between 20-30m

I know the EPL is inflated but Jesus Christ. He's literally somebody you watch and say "how is he a professional footballer" terrible player

Absolutely steals a living. Mental age of a 6 year old as well.

Crazy

Ffs, I thought you were going to say we were linked with him and I was about to say hell no he's shite

Fergie90

I'm sure I read something that his only goal or assist last season was In last minute of last game or something.

Crazy if that's true

Edit, wiki says he scored 2 last season I must have dreamed that

TerrySilverLoyal

Ali is a horrible, rat faced, probably has tarrier leanings scumbag!
dirty wee lady's front bottom and whinges like a bitch any time he’s touched.
Don’t think I’ve hated a player that didn’t play for Celtic as much as him

Don't like him then mate? Lol

JoshGer

If Lingard is sold for 30million and Van De Beek is bought for £35mill you have to look and laugh really

WinkieWATP

I know the EPL is inflated but Jesus Christ. He's literally somebody you watch and say "how is he a professional footballer" terrible player

Crazy

Strange bombing Ali out when he is a far better player than him imo.

Rick_Sanchez

He had an outstanding year under Pochettino, think it was the season Leicester won the league. Wether that was an exception and he's nothing special I'm not sure. Either way I wouldn't be getting rid of him to replace him with Lingard.

Feel like it was just a purple patch. Confidence probably played a large part. Everything he tried in that first season seemed to work for him. Think he’s just regressed to a more normal level for him.

Actually don’t mind him as a player but he’s not blessed with real pace or skill and seems to be one of these players that can be effective without ever looking special.

Tailwind

Crazy
Not making the cut at Man U?

Fatbearblue

Administrator
Staff member
Got to say, I’ve never watched Lingaard and wondered how he is a pro footballer. The lad might not be your cup of tea, but he is not a complete dud devoid of any ability.

was sensational in the 2017-18 season, his behaviour as a person maybe in question but he’s not talentless as a player.

Cutty/Young

Crazy
Not as stupid as Deli Ali, he claimed during lockdown that he learned how to make beans out of a can.

change consent